League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   NA LCS: Don't feed the bears (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3247944)

futuresight23 03-21-2013 09:50 AM

NA LCS: Don't feed the bears

My prediction is that last week in Dallas finally convinced the NA teams of the power of Volibear and they will begin using him more often. Crumbz definitely, Oddone maybe.

Other than that:

This week the team I think has the most pressure on them this week is CLG. They are playing Dignitas, TSM and Vulcan this week and while victories would put them back in the hunt, losses would solidify their position as a team that could get "any given Sundayed" out of the LCS all together.

TSM is without Chaox this week which could hurt them. So far teams that have had people sub in have not done well in the win loss column. They will likely use the same strategies though to try to get Reginald going, maybe Dyrus will go with more offensive champions this week, maybe not.

Verthy 03-21-2013 09:51 AM

i use to love voli. I still do but never feel like playing him. I wish NA teams would use him more. Its always fun to see someone flown into their deaths. :)

revog 03-21-2013 09:52 AM

Definitely oddone, his style suits tanky cc bots more which is a reason he was so good s2 and is poor now. He is just not a good bruiser. Voli is more his style.

futuresight23 03-21-2013 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revog (Hozzászólás 35830964)
Definitely oddone, his style suits tanky cc bots more which is a reason he was so good s2 and is poor now. He is just not a good bruiser. Voli is more his style.

Makes sense. Only reason I said maybe is that it was around a month or so ago that Oddone said on stream that Volibear was trash (sure there was a forum thread about it) around the time that Gambit started the trend. A month is a long time to re-evaluate things though.

Tiza 03-21-2013 10:22 AM

One of the biggest differences of playing with a substitute is playstyle, especially when teams aren't actively practicing with substitutes. For example, Chaox loves winning lane (and starts looking to make big plays when he's not). I don't know Wildturtle's style much, but TSM (and Xpecial in particular) need to be ready to adjust.

I agree that OddOne's usual champion lineup would support Volibear fairly well, but it's dangerous to play champions that you haven't actively practiced with your team. I don't have much vision on TSM's practice habits, but it may be an interesting risk to see TSM take.

SaintVicious and Lautemortis both broke out Volibear a few times at MLG Dallas last week, so they're clearly not afraid to hop into the bear pit. It'll be interesting to see if they keep working with them this week.

Verthy 03-21-2013 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiotTiza (Hozzászólás 35831872)
One of the biggest differences of playing with a substitute is playstyle, especially when teams aren't actively practicing with substitutes. For example, Chaox loves winning lane (and starts looking to make big plays when he's not). I don't know Wildturtle's style much, but TSM (and Xpecial in particular) need to be ready to adjust.

I agree that OddOne's usual champion lineup would support Volibear fairly well, but it's dangerous to play champions that you haven't actively practiced with your team. I don't have much vision on TSM's practice habits, but it may be an interesting risk to see TSM take.

SaintVicious and Lautemortis both broke out Volibear a few times at MLG Dallas last week, so they're clearly not afraid to hop into the bear pit. It'll be interesting to see if they keep working with them this week.

Oh hai there sir. Didnt expect a red to post in this thread. Can I assume you like voli as well :O

Typhoo Tea 03-21-2013 10:28 AM

i think oddone is more likely to use xin j4 or nasus been seeing that a lot on his stream lately

2Fizzes1Pole 03-21-2013 10:29 AM

Volibear is unstoppable compared to other tanks late game and his early game ganks are amazing, the passive helps make risky plays when you need to and have a net to fall back on, but from what I've noticed champs that do really good in LCS such as J4 and Elise ALWAYS get the ban hammer and I don't want to to happen to voli as he is pretty balanced, nothing that makes him OP or UP he's fine

futuresight23 03-21-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Thanks for posting. While Volibear hasn't won yet in the NA LCS, I fully expect more attempts to make it win, especially with the Xin/Vi and upcoming Jarvan nerfs forcing junglers to adapt.

Wonder how much we'll see of Nasus? He seems to be the other jungler pick of note in Dallas and at least one jungler here has noticed in Xmithie.

Fox P McCloud 03-21-2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

I don't know Wildturtle's style much, .

Play as crazy as possible pretty much sums it up. He's a really good player, but builds oddly at times and makes questionable plays.

If he would temper some of his craziness and nail down builds a bit, he'd be an amazing player.