League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Question: How to counter LeBlanc laning harrass? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=324018)

Vichar 11-03-2010 03:48 PM

Question: How to counter LeBlanc laning harrass?

Hi Folks,

LeBlanc is new this last patch, but already I'm having trouble as several different champs laning against her. She can silence, root, and blink back to her original spot. This lets her harrass you with impunity, and you can't even use any abilities or summoner spells in retaliation. At level 6, there is a real risk of getting tower dived by her.

I'm interested to see what solutions you folks have come up with laning against her. I suspect that bubble champs (Janna, Morganna, Mordekaiser, Sion) and healers would probably be OK against her. DPS auto-attackers can probably get a vampiric scepter and stay out of range of her combo sequence, although I found that this wasn't that effective because she can start her sequence from outside of auto-attack range. What ways have you found that actually work?

ASpeedingBus 11-03-2010 04:05 PM

I've played against her a few times already, and I agree that she's tough to counter. One thing I could recommend is to try and disable or stun her as soon as she teleports to prevent her from teleporting back. When you have her stunned, you or your teamates should be running to where she teleported from so as to attack her if she blinks back. This will take really good teamwork and communication.

Valtegor 11-03-2010 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASpeedingBus (Hozzászólás 3848038)
I've played against her a few times already, and I agree that she's tough to counter. One thing I could recommend is to try and disable or stun her as soon as she teleports to prevent her from teleporting back. When you have her stunned, you or your teamates should be running to where she teleported from so as to attack her if she blinks back. This will take really good teamwork and communication.

I like how your response implies you counter her during laning by team fighting.

Run where she ported from - hope you brought ghost, it was behind her minions.
Stun her - hope you can deal with the minion agro while you run to where she ported from. Good luck stunning her while silenced, by the way.

To pull it off you have to be aggressive. Actively try to stun her and get pot shots on her any time she moves up to last hit a creep. It takes two of her spells to silence you, so you should be able to get the CC off if you initiate the exchange. She hurts like hell though, so you need to at least match her damage. Putting a double stun or a support in her lane will help not feed her early.

Don't hang around under a tower at low HP. At lvl 9 she can easily combo you for over 1k. Every 20 seconds or so.

blazuh 11-03-2010 04:44 PM

I've played trynd against LeBlanc and after he uses all his skills, im still at 1/2 hp. LeBlanc is a good character to harass laners, but put in a solo lane versing a hero who can self heal, is pretty useless. Everytime she bursted her attacks on me, i just got some bloodlust stacks and healed. In the end, she was the one harassed. Best way to combat her would probably be to get a healer.

Hamidemian 11-03-2010 04:51 PM

- I feel that she can towerdives as Poppy. So first of all, if low health, get some HP asap or go b.

- If you die to her, STOP: think what happened, played too aggressive? Miss clicked? Ignite didn't trigger? Flash didn't came out? Being silenced too much? Can't counter-attack because of previous? If you answer all the questions, you can safely return to mid/lane, if not SWITCH.

- This sounds strange but if you are playing with a hero who can disable her burst, QUICKSILVER SLASH can save the day.

- Harras her like you would do with Vladimir. Lvl 1, 2 and possibly 3 without ignite won't kill any hero, unless you stay still typing. Once she hits 4-6+, get ready.

- SHE IS SQUISHY. Like Kassadin, she can blink the hell out of danger plus flash away more. LeBlanc silenced is a dead LeBlanc. This only applies to a certain kind of heroes.

Vichar 11-03-2010 05:19 PM

After the laning phase, I don't have any problems with her. It's just early game, laning, it's difficult. For example, I was playing Corki against her mid and before level 6, I pretty much have to stay out of her range or expect to take 1/3 - 1/2 of my health in damage just from one LeBlanc sequence! Because Corki has no CC, there is nothing I can do to retaliate. Corki's autoattack range is only 550, well within her ability to start her combo.

Slithy 11-03-2010 11:06 PM

Morgana ? Self healing and shield. Haven't tried that yet.

Best Zod NA 11-03-2010 11:23 PM

I've never honestly had much trouble with her, but I've never played against her as anybody but Garen, SO.

jonodaman 11-03-2010 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hamidemian (Hozzászólás 3849063)
- Harras her like you would do with Vladimir.

very much so... same as how u can throw on cc or all your own spells mostly after vlad does his pool, same thing for leblanc, except for sigil, other cd's are not low, and sigil without another spell won't silence you, so survive the combo, pop a heal/pot and dive in for a bit of retaliation/harrass

604iakhno 11-03-2010 11:34 PM

I've played 4 games with Morgana (me) vs. LeBlanc, and in 3 of those I was in the same lane as her. One time 1v1 solo mid, one time 1v2 solo top (her and Mundo I think..?), and once 2v2. In all 3 instances, she became completely useless until she switched lanes. Morgana is absolutely the perfect counter to LeBlanc. What I do is wait till she starts coming towards me, shield myself when she blinks, hit her with Q, hit her with W, flash to where she will blink back and R. This drains her HP to like 1/2 and she can't do **** cus you still have shield. This does however require great anticipation skills, but what doesn't with Morgana?