League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   @ Riot - Please give Sakura Karma her kimono back! (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3239017)

Avalon Bright 03-18-2013 07:59 PM

@ Riot - Please give Sakura Karma her kimono back!

1 Attachment(s)
First off, I want to preface this with the fact that I LOVE Karma's new look. I'm not complaining about her huge change overall, be it her kit or aesthetics--I love all of it. However, I spotted the skins today, and I have to say... I'm not loving the new look for Sakura Karma.

When you first announced the remake and showed off her Traditional Skin, I was a bit torn. I missed her robe, but it captured the original feel well enough not to complain, plus it's free! Very cool. Sakura, though... I can't get behind it.

I really feel like Sakura Karma needs to retain the kimono look. I know Ionia isn't necessarily 100% equivalent to real world cultures, but the kimono was such an elegant style it suited her perfectly--and still would, I think. The pants also look very awkward with the kimono-style top still left in place. They seem quite mismatched and don't flow together very well, all for the sake of a style of garment very similar to Traditional Karma.

I know changing the model certainly can be done--Ahri's Dynasty skin is quite different, and so are a number of others like Jayce's release skin. I strongly urge you to reconsider her model and return Sakura Karma at the very least to the look of a standard kimono. It would certainly suit a calmer side of the country's leader, while retaining the elegance we all love about her.

Qahin 03-18-2013 08:01 PM

Slender sumo karma.

OverpoweredSoap 03-18-2013 08:03 PM

I have to agree that Sakura looks weird compared to the new skins...

Her thighs look like Chun Li's. It just looks weird, the full robe is the way to go with Sakura.

IronStylus 03-18-2013 08:42 PM

Gotta make this a quick reply, but I'll see if I can get an animator in here eventually.

Basically comes down to rigging issues. We initially had the "traditional" skin as semi-full wraparound but again, because of rigging animation issues, we had to go with the cape/tabbard alternative. Full dresses are difficult, taxing, and tricky to animate when we do them, We needed some consistency in the rig across all skins, this was a result of that.

Personally, I still think it looks pretty nice ;)

Method512 03-18-2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IronStylus (Hozzászólás 35740830)
Gotta make this a quick reply, but I'll see if I can get an animator in here eventually.

Basically comes down to rigging issues. We initially had the "traditional" skin as semi-full wraparound but again, because of rigging animation issues, we had to go with the cape/tabbard alternative. Full dresses are difficult, taxing, and tricky to animate when we do them, We needed some consistency in the rig across all skins, this was a result of that.

So you could use it as a challenge and a way to improve your skills as an animator.

*by you I mean the animators

BoomChickaPow 03-18-2013 08:46 PM

I agree, I bought the Sakura skin also becuase I like the kimono, also after seeing the new model she looks fat compared to the classic, traditional and sun goddess skin. Her legs look thicker and something about her face does as well. Also whats the point of having skins if they don't look cooler than the classic? I was wondering, do they come with new particles as well?

Dorotheus 03-18-2013 08:47 PM

Oh... oh dear god...

Thats horrendous... glad I never got that skin...

Linos100 03-18-2013 08:47 PM

I think that she should keep the kimono

gsai 03-18-2013 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IronStylus (Hozzászólás 35740830)

You of all people should understand that making a classy lady is worth it.

Bma 03-18-2013 08:49 PM

Can I get a free refund on this skin?

Frankly it looks terrible now.