League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Solution to Karma problem (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3228160)

Appull 03-15-2013 07:03 PM

Solution to Karma problem

We look at Riot as our friends, but we must remember they are a business and need to make money. And in the need to make money they need to make as many people happy as possible. From the 300+ pages I've read and commented on about the Karma change I think I've found something no one can complain about.

But first lets look at what the complaints are about to understand my reasoning
The issues:
-Karma has a very passionate following (many reds have stated this and so have all the Karma followers)
-Some people want Karma as a support, others as a mid
-Karma fans just wanted a QoL update
-Non-Karma fans want exactly what Riot did.

I do like the new kit, I haven't seen one negative post about it besides how its not Karma.

Solution:
This rework already as it's own lore and abilities and is on the PBE soon. I'm sure this cost a lot of time and money and thought to work on. Throwing this out would be a huge loss and upset the people who worked on developing it.
Since the rework already has all of it's own setup, just release it as a new champ. (stay with me for a second) This will confuse the people who don't follow the forums and announcements but they certainty won't complain about getting a new champ(i mean who doesn't like new toys?).
This decision will save all the money you've already spent on this as well as giving you an EXTRA hardcore following of Karma players because you listened, you showed you aren't just a company, you are people. Additionally you can do a quick QoL update on current Karma using something that people have noted in the forums (strengthening her slow or just adding the snare or adding a knockback/stun to her q, lots of things that could give her that cc you wanted) and attach that Karma skin as a new skin to her. Then you will get the profit off the new Karma skin AND the profit off of Skarma(name someone coined).

This simple solution will sky rocket your approval rating, and give you double the profit(assuming 975rp for Karma skin and 975rp for Skarma champ).

Not only that but many people will also talk about the amazing thing riot did and get their friends interested. As many successful entrepreneurs have stated "people don't buy what you do, they buy why you do it" and what we want to buy from you is a company that makes this great game because they listen to what their players say and they weigh that into their decision making. It's what we've been buying all along.

EDIT:
karma thread math 10-15 negative posts for every positive post. And lots of hate on reds.

Reading what reds are saying they seem to not like her passive, I understand that. Make it like irelias then, more allies=more bonus. Sounds agreeable to me and fits the Ionian profile.

They don't like she has no cc. Knock back and stun on the q. It's short range so it won't be over powered and it's cc. If not happy with that, try just adding the snare to her current bond.

Players didn't understand her. When making these changes give her a short 3-4min section of the patch video discussing her abilities and general play style.

I would love a reason from any red on why this isn't possible. That isn't a challenge mind you, I just simply want feed back and a more solid reason why I'm losing my favorite champ.

Appull 03-15-2013 07:06 PM

A quick note from a different thread
"There is no reason to trash a champion that is as unique or loved as the current Karma. I mean if riot said tomorrow they are changing Darius who would be upset? The people who use him cause he's op. How about Ez, yea people would be upset but he wouldn't get 10000+ forum posts like karma already has. Karma has a following that loves her because there is no other champ like her, so why make her like every other champ in the game?"

I like this cause it points out what riot has already stated, Karma has a fanatic(pun) following, why not listen to them too? There has to be some reason they like her so much. Imagine if every champion had a following like Karmas.

Prince Jarbad IV 03-15-2013 07:07 PM

no i already bought karma for the free skin

nvmvoidrays 03-15-2013 07:08 PM

what about the people that are karma fans, but can see the flaws she has and want her to be reworked and LIKE her current suggested rework?

**** them, right?

Revoluxionist 03-15-2013 07:09 PM

Just.. no.

EnronTheGreat 03-15-2013 07:09 PM

Everyone seems to be forgetting that nobody actually played Karma. NOBODY. I don't care how many people post on the forums saying how much they loved her, they never played her.

She will get play now.

Forum QQ'rs love to QQ, this is nothing new.

I for one welcome our new Karma overlords.

ZapatillaLoca 03-15-2013 07:12 PM

this will never happen..Twisted Treeline is a perfect example of the "we listen to our player base" Riot lip-service. No idea why Riot decided to go to such extreme measures with Karma, frankly this total remake is just a slap in the face to the dedicated Karma players (yes they actually do exist) who just asked for some minor tweaks to her kit...

Appull 03-15-2013 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nvmvoidrays (Hozzászólás 35636733)
what about the people that are karma fans, but can see the flaws she has and want her to be reworked and LIKE her current suggested rework?

**** them, right?

That's why it still becomes a champ. Did you even read it?

Appull 03-15-2013 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EnronTheGreat (Hozzászólás 35636772)
Everyone seems to be forgetting that nobody actually played Karma. NOBODY. I don't care how many people post on the forums saying how much they loved her, they never played her.

She will get play now.

Forum QQ'rs love to QQ, this is nothing new.

I for one welcome our new Karma overlords.

I have over 100+ games with Karma lol.

Saruyan 03-15-2013 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appull (Hozzászólás 35636969)
That's why it still becomes a champ. Did you even read it?

but karma stays as a mediocre champ. no thanks, this change will be better.