League of Legends Community
12345 ... 6

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   [Guide] Rebinding Your Keys (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3212)

Karnij 08-03-2009 11:34 AM

[Guide] Rebinding Your Keys

There is a gui now to rebind keys, but in case you want to mess with stuff not listed in the in game options:

Find your League of Legends config defaults folder (probably c:\Riot Games\League of Legends\game\data\cfg\defaults) **DO NOT EDIT ANY OF THE FILES IN THIS FOLDER** If you edit any of these you might break something and have to reinstall.

Find Input.ini and copy it. Go back up 1 level so that you are in the CFG folder and paste it here.

Open it (using notepad or wordpad if it asks you to pick a program)

At the top you will see a bunch of

Code:

;"[Esc]",                //DIK_ESCAPE          0x01                                         
;"[1]",                  //DIK_1              0x02
;"[2]",                  //DIK_2              0x03
;"[3]",                  //DIK_3              0x04

This is the list of input names which you might need to know such as [button 3] means middle mouse button, but for now ignore it all and scroll down until you see:

Code:

[DisableKeys]
disableCapsLock = 0
disableWinKey=0
disablNumLock = 0
disableLinkedModifers = 0

[MouseSettings]
PointerSpeed = 2
RollerButtonSpeed = 1

This is the start of stuff you can change. The most common things to change are the spells and maybe items, so find

Code:

[GameEvents]
evtCastSpell4 = [r]
evtCastSpell3 = [e]
evtCastSpell2 = [w]
evtCastSpell1 = [q]
evtCastAvatarSpell1 = [a]
evtCastAvatarSpell2 = [s]

The evtCastSpell are your champions spells and they are listed backwards (4 is the ultimate). To change the binding just put whatever you want in the brackets. You can put more than 1 key for each spell by using commas (evtCastAvatarSpell1 = [a], [s] would use both a and s for a spell).

The items are under evtUseItem7, which is the bluepill, followed by the inventory in reverse order.

The hold command for your character is listed as evtPlayerHoldPosition = [h].

The momentary way to center the camera on your champion is evtCameraSnap = [Space].

When you are done, save and restart LoL and enjoy =D.

765Immortal 08-03-2009 11:37 AM

Hot sauce

Frozt 08-03-2009 12:05 PM

Nice. I do believe when the game is released or before hand that the hotkeys will be fully customizable without doing this, but until then this is awesome.

Sathonys 08-24-2009 03:37 AM

Great guide! This is one thing that I think needs to be GUIised before long. I cant find anything in the file that will let you adapt the scrollspeed of the keyboard buttons though :s

Blandaid 08-27-2009 03:28 PM

keyboard movement would be good to have ... not sure if its already possible - cant find anything about it. Mouse movement can be really annoying.

Black Mongoose 09-12-2009 03:10 PM

Use your arrow keys to move via keyboard.

Karnij 09-19-2009 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blandaid (Hozzászólás 75153)
keyboard movement would be good to have ... not sure if its already possible - cant find anything about it. Mouse movement can be really annoying.

evtScrollUp = [Up Arrow]
evtScrollDown = [Down Arrow]
evtScrollLeft = [Left Arrow]
evtScrollRight = [Right Arrow]

They are in the same wall of text as the items keys. You can rebind them to ASDW or anything you would like.

mroldshadow 10-10-2009 10:56 PM

I tried changing the values and everything so I could move my camera with WSAD and use spells with 1-4 but it won't work! I save, open the game, and it's still default keys. I did make a backup of the default in the :\Riot Games\League of Legends\game\data\cfg\defaults folder.

Help please.

Urslayer 11-02-2009 12:06 AM

Same. I changed the file to use 1 2 3 4 5 6 since I'm accustomed to that from playing WoW and also accidentally hit heal when chat wasn't open and typed some word with d or f in it. I later died later for lack of a heal.

cattlekiller 11-29-2009 01:59 AM

Did they change this ? I can not get this to work.I'm using the numpad. Any Ideas?