League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   @Riot, Vs. bot Purple side (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3182021)

The FireWater 03-01-2013 10:37 PM

@Riot, Vs. bot Purple side

A subject done to death: "Vision is better on blue side!"

Yes, obviously it is. And yes, this doesn't stop good players who know how to play with unlocked camera from dominating on purple side, and in fact having a possible advantage for late game baron control.

There is no simple solution, even allowing players to mod so that their bars were on the top of the screen and allow better locked camera 'moving downward' visibility would still bug people who were now angry that the only solution messed with their usual UI.

But there is a simple step in the right direction that could help things out. Riot, please make it so that there is a 50/50 chance that in any Vs AI match that the players will be on purple side.

Most players first getting into the game learn vs the bots. Other players such as myself are casual players who some days only play a one vs bot game to grab some first win IP. This simple change would make it so that people stop thinking of blue so much as the 'usual' side and purple being the 'different' viewpoint. Fresh 30s trying their first ranked match won't be thrown for a loop seeing things from a different vantage point. It is a simple change that would result in a lot less problems.

tl;dr: Making it so that players vs bots had the same 50% chance to play on purple side would mean more of the new players, and casual players who norm against bots would be slightly less 'noob' when beginning pvp by having them already used to playing from two different vantage points.

Edit: If you like the idea, please comment. Keep seeing this thread upvoted a bit, and then buried. I'd love it to stay bumped and possibly get some Riot response.

The FireWater 03-02-2013 06:56 AM

This could use some bumps, I'd love to know if Riot has ever planned to implement this, or if there's some unknown reason why it can't be done.

Xaedo 03-02-2013 07:01 AM

This is actually a really good idea

RyuPhalian 03-02-2013 07:02 AM

Yeah, I was hurt in my first ranked match as Cho'Gath because of this. I am use to Blue side and don't feel comfortable unless my camera is locked. Because of my darn items and abilities at the bottom of the screen I couldn't use my Q at its max range when helping defend one of our mid towers.

iPoky 03-02-2013 07:03 AM

I agree with this +1

Hextech Kyubey 03-02-2013 07:16 AM

great idea! very simple solution to help new players learn.

Zaunga 03-02-2013 07:17 AM

Good idea +1

DaemRijou 03-02-2013 07:19 AM

If only they did this a few years ago, I might have a chance to learn..It's too late for me now. :(

2pudge1cup 03-02-2013 07:19 AM

i like this idea,

but players who do bots shouldnt jump into ranked

Stormvyper 03-02-2013 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2pudge1cup (Hozzászólás 35192766)
i like this idea,

but players who do bots shouldnt jump into ranked

That doesn't change the fact that it does happen, and this will theoretically mitigate the damage for everyone involved.