League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   New to Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3175095)

NotProEnough 02-28-2013 08:06 AM

New to Dominion

Recently started playing Dominion, love it the very first game. I am however, god awful at it.

What are some really strong dominion champs? I was thinking Trundle/Kassadin/Poppy

How do points work? It seems like I only get points when we are the winning team and I'm constantly fighting on objectives. However, when I'm on the losing team, I'm always on the bottom. When we win I can "usually" get into the top 3 slot.

My average points per game is pretty terrible <1000 for sure.

David12596 02-28-2013 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotProEnough (Hozzászólás 35124200)
Recently started playing Dominion, love it the very first game. I am however, god awful at it.

What are some really strong dominion champs? I was thinking Trundle/Kassadin/Poppy

How do points work? It seems like I only get points when we are the winning team and I'm constantly fighting on objectives. However, when I'm on the losing team, I'm always on the bottom. When we win I can "usually" get into the top 3 slot.

My average points per game is pretty terrible <1000 for sure.

First thing is first, ignore the point system. It does a terrible job judging individual performance and should not even be in dominion to begin with.

A lot of champions are strong in Dom, minus a few I can think of. I would not suggest you play kass though. It's kind of a jerk move in my opinion.

Chezbayou 02-28-2013 10:43 AM

Kass, Jayce, teemo, and to an extent darius. all are considered very strong as well as jerk picks, as they are just so stupid on this map.

DG Denz Brujah 02-28-2013 10:45 AM

Xin, Talon, Maokai, Pant, Singed , Wu are all very simple chars to learn Dominion w that are not completely OP Yet still strong enough to carry a team to victory

DG Denz Brujah 02-28-2013 10:46 AM

There's also a thread for Dominion mentors ... Try hitting them up

HaIfhearted 02-28-2013 12:03 PM

The personal score system is a worthless piece of garbage.
Ignore it.

The reason people don't want you playing Kass is because, when played well, he is the single most broken champion in all of Dominion by a very large margin, and a lot of people have ended up in a matchmaking bracket far above their actual skill level by spamming him.

With that said, you are correct in assuming that Poppy is strong here.
Trundle is underplayed, but he can still do well, although it requires a bit of work.

Golly 02-28-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denz Brujah (Hozzászólás 35128073)
There's also a thread for Dominion mentors ... Try hitting them up

Dominion Mentor is actually in a position where we have more Mentors than people seeking out help.

Join the chat channel DominionMentor and there will be a list of people there.

Ask any question (there is no question too newbie) and we'll try to answer you. You may have to idle for a bit... sometimes people don't think to click over to that tab for a while... but your question will be answered. You can ask for people to queue with, etc.

Also, the channel DominateDominion is where most people who are heavily involved in the mode hang out. Come join us. :D

See you in-game.

Orphane 02-28-2013 01:08 PM

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...php?p=17877990

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2244698

iProbie 02-28-2013 01:53 PM

are you seeing a lot of revives yet?
if not, darius, kassadin, teemo, kha and jayce are really solid picks.
if yes, scrap darius because people are getting used to countering darius once you get a relatively high level, but he still shines against bad comps or having great cc supports.
if you want to support a bit more: alistar, lulu and sona make great hybrid support/damage champs.

hextech sweeper, grez lantern and lightbringer are some of the most op items because they allow you to facecheck and gains vision of targets so they can't juke you through bushes or fog and they have incredibly cost-effective stats (e.g. for just 200 extra gold on sweeper, you get 10% movement speed, anti-shrooms, the active which is really good and on top of the small bonuses like +100 HP and +10 AP)

if taking back windmill is real hard, some of you should try ganking their bottom laner if their 4 top are at the windmill area, but not all 4 of you because at least 2 or 3 should defend your mid in case 4 of them decide to charge at your mid.

if you want to get arpen, usually most skilled players that I see skip cleaver and go brutalizer+last whisper instead because cleaver needs 5 stacks to be fully effective and the cost of brutalizer+last whisper is roughly 3637 gold just 637 gold above cleaver but grants the high arpen permanently without the needing to apply stacks first.

UPfreely 02-28-2013 09:40 PM

try a bursty team fighter like annie or brand, they're loads of fun :)