League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Diana Tips please (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3162217)

Support Poro 02-24-2013 12:39 PM

Diana Tips please

So I bought Diana and I needs some tips on how to play mid

Support Poro 02-24-2013 12:42 PM

bump

Support Poro 02-24-2013 12:47 PM

anyone???

SergeantVega 02-24-2013 12:52 PM

q > w > r > e > q > r, rinse and repeat lol

If you're hurting for cs, e >w > q will clear minion waves, but ur e cooldown is really high so becareful.

Also if you're engaging make sure you're flash isn't on cooldown cause once you're in you are in.

Two types of builds tanky ap, rilays at its core or speed with nashors and malady at its core.

Zero Suit Senpai 02-24-2013 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackWidowHex (Hozzászólás 34996374)
So I bought Diana and I needs some tips on how to play mid

- For the most part go Q W Q E ... R > Q > W > E
- In certain matchups (Akali, Viktor, etc). it may be wise to forgo E until level 8 and go W Q W Q Q R... If you do this, make sure to tell your jungler so they don't expect you to have your E.
- It's best to start her either sustain (Flask + 3) or 2 wards + pots for safety. Just try to be safe until level 6 when you become a beast. Last hit with Q if necessary (e.g. against Syndra).
- Stacking dorans isn't bad on Diana. Don't get more than 3, though.
- Get Abyssal, Zhonya's, or Deathcap (if you're dominating) first depending on your opponent.
- Make sure your Q hits before you R or you'll be a sad panda (sometimes people can dodge the Q when it looks like it hit).
- Remember your passive. You'll get the most out of it if you do 2 auto attacks on the minions before you go to engage. Her passive is one of the hardest hitting parts of her kit.

just2jiG 02-24-2013 05:39 PM

what always helps new players playing diana is building some serious tanky items like RoA and scepter. therefore making the chance for mistakes to make less of a negative effect on your game.

but all in all diana is faceroll you need to land your q, use ult, use shield and save slow for when they turn to **** off chances are with lich bane you will have a kill by the time you combo.

Zephyen 02-24-2013 08:12 PM

What others have said. I just bought her too and as soon as you launch your q. get your r ready to dash to do some quick burst. Use your w. Don't use E until they start to run away and use q if its off cooldown. If not use your free R to do another burst.

Good purchase imo, she's so fun to play as and could wreck anyone

Zinzon 02-24-2013 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zephyen (Hozzászólás 35010158)
Good purchase imo, she's so fun to play as and could wreck anyone

Maybe a good purchase but she really not wreck anyone... Heimerdinger beat her lol...

Method1cal 02-25-2013 01:50 AM

Diana is an extremely strong mid lane champion with very few counters. I cant offer much outside of what others have already said, shes pretty simple to play. Shes extremely mana hungery though, pay attention to your jungle and keep up with your blue buff. If your jungler wont let you have it, build a tear of the godess or a chalice of harmony early on.

My typical build for her is Haunting guise -> Abyssal Sceptre -> Deathcap -> Liandry's Torment -> Rylai's Crystal Sceptre.

She does a LOT of burst post 6, if the opponent is below half health you can probably dive them if you arent behind. But be careful of the enemy jungle location. Q R in, W and walk out.

Mogs01gt 02-25-2013 05:37 AM

Practice landing your Q, that is huge since its easy to dodge.

Dont get R baited. A lot of Diana's make the mistake of turret diving when your opponent has their CC up.

She is designed more like a jungle than a mid. She doesnt bring much utility to the team like other AP mids do.