League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   flash and annie (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=31506)

kastr 12-03-2009 01:24 AM

flash and annie

i used to use ignite and flash to help finish any champions that have a sliver of health that i couldnt get in range to auto attack with but now that flash has that rediculously tiny range; is flash completely useless to all annie and maybe all other champions?

Discuss.

StevoPhilo 12-03-2009 01:55 AM

Flash isn't useless and hasn't exactly been nerfed. You can now dodge projectiles with it. So if you see that Veigar's ulti come flying at you then you can flash outta it. You being Annie that would benefit you alot =P

The range was reduced,but now you have half the cooldown. I always though 6 minutes was freaking absurd. I saw everyone with it and grinded to 12 only to get an ability i can use once every 6 minutes? It sure as hell did get me outta trouble though!

The new flash isn't bad. the only thing i dont like is the click where u wanna flash. Died from it the first time, but it's just something I'd adapt to.

With my veigar I got exhaust mainly for the mastery point giving 25 penetration on exhaust and increasing duration by .5. Which in my opinion is great for casters!!!! Beats flash for us unless you're extremely fragile and die alot.

GNOY 12-03-2009 04:25 AM

I dont know why ppl still get Ignite on her. Its useless on hero who has 2 spammable nukes, and omfgwtfpwnge ultimate.

kastr 12-03-2009 06:36 AM

hatespike dodge ? x].
Well, ignite sometimes is the difference between a kill and the enemy getting away with a sliver of health, besides its funny to sometimes cast it while they're running away and have them die offscreen :P

LiveWireUMD 12-03-2009 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StevoPhilo (Hozzászólás 350062)
Flash isn't useless and hasn't exactly been nerfed. You can now dodge projectiles with it. So if you see that Veigar's ulti come flying at you then you can flash outta it. You being Annie that would benefit you alot =P

The range was reduced,but now you have half the cooldown. I always though 6 minutes was freaking absurd. I saw everyone with it and grinded to 12 only to get an ability i can use once every 6 minutes? It sure as hell did get me outta trouble though!

The new flash isn't bad. the only thing i dont like is the click where u wanna flash. Died from it the first time, but it's just something I'd adapt to.

With my veigar I got exhaust mainly for the mastery point giving 25 penetration on exhaust and increasing duration by .5. Which in my opinion is great for casters!!!! Beats flash for us unless you're extremely fragile and die alot.

You obviously havent used the new flash. The human body is not capable of activating Flash then selecting a direction with the mouse in the half a second it takes for a projectile to hit you. The new flash is in essence nerfed until they make it so that it is a 1 click flash and not a 2 step flash. If you dont know what I mean then pick flash next game and ull see why it is terrible for dodging/escape. Still good for offense though because you can plan a little better even though the range sucks.

Absol 12-03-2009 07:54 AM

Get exhaust. It's better than ignite.

nicosharp 12-03-2009 08:55 AM

flashing annie is just inappropriate.

Voidgolem 12-03-2009 09:01 AM

Tower divin'

Guthrek 12-03-2009 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiveWireUMD (Hozzászólás 350756)
You obviously havent used the new flash. The human body is not capable of activating Flash then selecting a direction with the mouse in the half a second it takes for a projectile to hit you. The new flash is in essence nerfed until they make it so that it is a 1 click flash and not a 2 step flash. If you dont know what I mean then pick flash next game and ull see why it is terrible for dodging/escape. Still good for offense though because you can plan a little better even though the range sucks.

That's weird, I could Swear people have been doing it with the same sequence in DotA for years. Maybe they're robots?

edit: p.s. please tell me you use hotkeys...

Dondy 12-03-2009 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guthrek (Hozzászólás 352235)
That's weird, I could Swear people have been doing it with the same sequence in DotA for years. Maybe they're robots?

edit: p.s. please tell me you use hotkeys...

1. DOTA ran alot smoother than LoL (at least on my comp - i have ****py framerates esp. on the winter map ~)
2. DOTA had way slower nukes (Skeleton King Hellfireblast / Sven Stormbolt) which could be evaded quite well - leaving nearly a second or more to evade
3. DOTA's blinks where all way better range than this shabby skill (at least the mastery could've made it to 600 range or smth)

the new flash is just silly imho - the cooldown wasn't a biggie on it since you at least had a somewhat reliable escape mech that lots of heroes now definitely lack unless they pick a hillarious combination of cleanse and ghost and a heal of somekind - which in return seems like a huge waste for a team

it was especially helpfull when trying to evade ults of kat/pirate/nunu/anivia etc. which are now ridicoulusly imba (imho)

now in teamfights you'll simply get stomped even without something like amumu for root; this especially as spellcaster like annie who's supposed to go to nearly melee range to actually make a difference (incinerate is way more important than disintegrate - and both need to be used since her ap ratios are way subpar to other casters)

exhaust is great for bursting down a squishy 1vs1 - but still most will either get away (builtin flash like kassadin, kat or clown etc.) or take your damage and turn to give your squishy *** a beating unless you have tibbers out (and lets not get into lategame with that - where everyone can take quite a bunch of your nukes - esp since you can't use mejai's anymore)

i tried ghost on annie - but it just wouldn't do it, you just can't get away fast enough to make a difference and chasing isn't your job

that's my observations for so far

--- EDIT ---
also the fps drop raped my lasthitting with annie - it's still good with ashe but with her ult nerf she sucks (stun/dmg nerf to her ult just took all the fun away from her - now she's lategame only T.T imho)