League of Legends Community
12345 ... 11

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   [Discussion] Uldyr Builds (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=31367)

Dahras 12-02-2009 07:20 PM

[Discussion] Uldyr Builds

So, being a new hero, there aren't a lot (yes there is one) of guides about Uldyr yet, so it might be good to share builds people have had success with.

Tonight I tried an Attack Damage centric build to take advantage of Tiger/Bear stance.

Skills:
1)R
2)Q
3)R
4)E
5)Q
6)Q
7)W

after that Tiger > Bear > Phoenix > Turtle

The items were
Regen Pennant
Regen Pennant --> Philosopher's Stone
'Zerker Grieves
Sheen
BF Sword
BF Sword --> Bloodthirster
Frozen Hammer (Start with Phage)

The build worked decent in the few bot and practice games I played with it. It was slow to start, but once you have the BF Sword, you can Bear, stun, Tiger, hit for 25% health, hit again, bear, tiger, etc like an assassin, and push really well too. Survivability was a bit of an issue, mostly against casters, as I could just Bear stun to turtle shield, to bear again to run.

EternalOne 12-02-2009 07:39 PM

I tried out attack speed but it took far too long to build up before it was useful.

I had Malady, Berserker Boots, and that was plenty of attack speed, and I wanted to go with Tiamat as well, and then follow that up with damage, but I was dying too fast. Instead I had to go with some serious health bonuses, and it turned out that two Sunfire Cloaks was my next stop. I also bought Sheen, but... I dunno.

Claun 12-02-2009 09:03 PM

Well, i'm trying to figure out what is the role of the stances in a fight. I mean, there are 4 stances. 2 for damage and two for support. But why should i get tiger stance if my attack power'll be split in 3 making enemy armor more usefull against me?

Phoenix stance has a weak active power and a strong passive but i still can't understand how do use it.

Bear stance is great, giving moviment and stun to start a fight or retreat.

Turtle stance sounds great but its shield is too weak and i'm not sure if it works against magic.

Fulcata 12-02-2009 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claun (Hozzászólás 349266)
Well, i'm trying to figure out what is the role of the stances in a fight. I mean, there are 4 stances. 2 for damage and two for support. But why should i get tiger stance if my attack power'll be split in 3 making enemy armor more usefull against me?

Phoenix stance has a weak active power and a strong passive but i still can't understand how do use it.

Bear stance is great, giving moviment and stun to start a fight or retreat.

Turtle stance sounds great but its shield is too weak and i'm not sure if it works against magic.

Level 1 = Turtle.
Then, Turtle = Bear > Phoenix, Tiger. The shield DOES work against magic, and is a complete counter to Zilean, if you have good timing (Hold off shield until Time-Bomb is about to blow). It also has some limited success against Ryze if you're lucky and can guess when he's going to put down the big spell. Bear stance isn't a very strong escape mechanism, but 1v1 he's probably the most dangerous Champion to face.

Truhls 12-02-2009 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fulcata (Hozzászólás 349329)
level 1 = turtle.
, but 1v1 he's probably the most dangerous champion to face.

bahaahahaahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahaahaha hahahaha

itsSlicer 12-02-2009 09:59 PM

Useless champ. Every game someone is feeding with him. I just built him tank when I tried him out not in practice so he'd be useful at doing something and so I wouldn't feed.

Thinking about building him into a AP/Tank build. Until they buff Tiger stance I'm not going to be playing a damage Udyr (or him at all, hes boring).

licebeam 12-02-2009 10:35 PM

OK, Ive been playing Udyr for a bit and I've been using this build with decent success.

I max phoenix first to farm, then I max bear, i usually have 1 point in to turtle at this point, after that I max tiger I'll explain

items :
I go SHEEN first, then BOOTS, PHAGE, ZEAL, TRINITY FORCE and finally depending on what I'm up against I'll throw on Last whisper, or Damage

With Trinity force, he starts doing great damage, but in order to get it fast you'll want to start ganking as early as phage.

The idea behind this build is

Lane phase:

Just use Pheonix and turtle(regain health), harass with bear and pheonix.

Ganking phase = as soon as you get phage :

First you throw on Bear and hit for your trinity force damage, then you throw on tiger and hit for trinity force damage + tiger bonus, xx Repeat

If they run bear, if they are close to death, pop pheonix.

comments/crits would be nice.

Jothki 12-03-2009 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claun (Hozzászólás 349266)

Armor mitigates a percentage of damage. The three hits will be exactly as strong as a single hit, in the absence of factors that only apply on the first hit.

mivve 12-03-2009 01:43 AM

wouldnt crit be the stat to aim for with this guy, at least if you favour tiger stance? since the attack split in 3 and each of those attacks have a chance to crit (seems like that in the 2 games i've played him) you'd get alot out of crit items?
am i wrong?

vanhalen208 12-03-2009 02:20 AM

I found dmg + tiger stance to be really effective and i figured something like phage is really easy to use on him because of 3 attks in a row to almost always trigger phage. After about 10 games experimenting i found maxing phoenix then few points in tiger and bear. Turtle stance isn't something i really used too much and have been pretty much going for multiple bloodthirsters with him. I'd love to see a working AP build for him but i've found that to be pretty fail. T.T