League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Supporting Ashe vs Draven/Sona (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3078798)

Gesang der Raben 02-02-2013 09:43 PM

Supporting Ashe vs Draven/Sona

So my last game went... badly.

I also came to realize, that while I'm generally pretty good with her, I don't know how to counter Sona.

My last game was me (Taric) and Ashe vs Sona and Draven (both had been picked before we picked). I can play most supports, but I almost never play with Ashe (who was going to pick Draven until the other team did), and when I have, it's gone badly.

I'm not sure things would've gone better anyway (he was pretty bad at CSing, though he did pick up some kills later), but as I would like to improve myself, I seek advice. I've lost hard as Sona vs a Taric before, but in this game they walked all over us. Is there a better champ to counter these two?

Also, they were both extremely aggressive. Actively harrassing and abusing their mana because Sona grabbed Clarity.

Qsario 02-02-2013 11:40 PM

Janna has good disengage and you can shield a lot of the poke, but she has a really high skillcap and is not that easy to learn. She also has a lot less lane presence, but she's great for creating farm lanes, which are all Ashe really wants. That said, ultimately, your options are going to be limited vs. a strong lane like that if your ADC is just not very good. If you can get to mid game without feeding too badly, you can focus on saving whoever on your team is doing all the damage, but getting there is quite a feat at times.

Still, if you want to save a feeder carry, nobody has as much peel as Janna. You just have to get really good at shielding harass and saving that tornado to save your ADC. That's easier said than done, of course, because Sona's going to poke you down low and Draven has some really nasty damage. The flask cost increase really hurt, even though heal is viable now and I generally run it on Janna.

Uncanny Doom 02-03-2013 02:20 AM

Good supports against Sona imo are ones that can be aggressive and keep her from poking either by winning the trade or going all in. Taric's a good pick, Leona, Blitz, and Zyra also work. Part of the problem is that you had an Ashe lane, and she can't really compete trading with almost any Draven lane. You probably should have opted for more of a babysitting protective support like Janna, Nami, Nunu, or even Fiddlesticks, who I think works very well against Draven lanes.

But if Sona was the real problem, as Taric it's kind of up to your carry to follow up on you stunning her and killing or (more likely with an Ashe lane) just winning the trade.

Gesang der Raben 02-03-2013 05:21 AM

So I need to start getting better with Lulu and Janna I guess. Back to the normals...

Thanks for the advice!

Hirumonogatari 02-03-2013 07:22 AM

as a general rule of thumb i don't like tarics supporting ashes.

ashe is not an aggressive carry (you're going to what, hawkshot them to death?) and all she wants to do until at least level 11 is to sit back and farm. the best option for most ashes is to freeze lane right outside their tower and farm there. your Q isn't going to do much until at least level 3, and your ad is the lowest among all the ad carries.

against an aggressive lane like that, you want to poke from a safe distance (ashe's range outpokes draven, although i can't say the same for sona) so you want someone that can give you tons of sustain (soraka) or is able to disengage on the fly (janna and lulu) since ashe doesnt have escapes. another key thing you should realise is that draven sona does not have a proper disengage. call for a jungle gank at 6 and make sure ashe hits that arrow, you've pretty much got a guranteed kill.

MyLittleAshie 02-04-2013 10:05 AM

I main Ashe, and have had plenty of Sona supports. As others have said, I like nothing more than to farm away for a little while. Volley does a great job wave clearing, allowing us to stay close to our tower without loss of CS. The most dangerous thing, given how squish both Ashe and Sona are, is misunderstanding each other and stumbling into a kill attempt. In general, the most effective strategy is just farm until Ashe gets her arrow, then coordinate with the jungler for ganks. With Sona heals, jungler focus, and Ashe CC, you will get kills.

If you don't have very good communication with the Ashe, the best you can do is not encourage her to do anything before her teens.

Hirumonogatari 02-04-2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyLittleAshie (Hozzászólás 34275664)
I main Ashe, and have had plenty of Sona supports. As others have said, I like nothing more than to farm away for a little while. Volley does a great job wave clearing, allowing us to stay close to our tower without loss of CS. The most dangerous thing, given how squish both Ashe and Sona are, is misunderstanding each other and stumbling into a kill attempt. In general, the most effective strategy is just farm until Ashe gets her arrow, then coordinate with the jungler for ganks. With Sona heals, jungler focus, and Ashe CC, you will get kills.

If you don't have very good communication with the Ashe, the best you can do is not encourage her to do anything before her teens.

while that is great advice under normal circumstances, i think you should read the OP again.

i think you misread it somewhere. the OP is playing taric, and sona is on the opposing team.

Gesang der Raben 02-04-2013 10:45 PM

That was just that game. I honestly appreciate any info into Ashe, as well as which supports are good with her.

mendeleyev 02-05-2013 01:49 AM

As leona and my GF is ashe, i pretty much win every trade. but we are on skype coordinating.

grab, leona stun, ashe stun, grab, leona stun. over.

Hirumonogatari 02-05-2013 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mendeleyev (Hozzászólás 34306135)
As leona and my GF is ashe, i pretty much win every trade. but we are on skype coordinating.

grab, leona stun, ashe stun, grab, leona stun. over.

post 6. when i pair up with decent leonas we own the lane post 6.

pre-6 though is a pain in the ***