League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Make custom skins buyable , yay or nay? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3068304)

Mewaki 02-01-2013 06:28 AM

Make custom skins buyable , yay or nay?

So the idea is to make the custom skins available for purchase in the Riot store.
How?
There will be a part in the skin section where it would say : Upload your custom skin here!
Then you would need to select the skin file in the custom skin folder .
When selected click ''Ok'' or something like that.
Then it will ask you for ( put amount of RP here ) , Click purchase.
And there you go! Your own custom skin viewable by everyone.
And have fun showing off your wonderful creations [:
You could still buy the original skins for champions , but I personally think custom skins would be a really fun twist to league of legends , to make your own skin , unique.
Instead of buying a normal skin which probably a lot of people already have.

I came up with this idea when I saw threads of players asking to make custom skins into official skins. (girls generation ahri , void fizz , go on.)
Then I thought , Why not make the custom skins buy able , and viewable for everyone?
I thought 1000 rp for one custom skin would be enough. Or do you guys think it needs to be more?
Or do you think this idea isn't good at all.?
Discuss.

Mewaki 02-01-2013 06:31 AM

[Reserved for future explanation]

Pocky 02-01-2013 06:32 AM

It would be nice, but I think everyone having to download all the custom skins, too, would get troublesome @ @

Also, some skins end up being buggy, and what not! So there would have to be a good testing process, too!

Liked the idea, though... To some extent XD

Menea6587 02-01-2013 06:33 AM

That's not how custom skins work. IT's more complicated than just being restricted to only you.

But on the topic, I really do think Riot should adopt their own Steam Workshop for skins. It would DRAMATICALLY up the production and diversity of skins we could buy.

Kevin Malone 02-01-2013 06:33 AM

I hate this idea. People would use custom versions of legendary skins for little to no rp or upload nude champions. Or even make skins where you couldn't tell if they had abilities active. It would just be bad

ToweIyey 02-01-2013 06:34 AM

nonononono i dont think this would be nice

Eleshakai 02-01-2013 06:36 AM

The last company I want Riot to take lessons from is Valve Menea...

but on topic... the only way this could POSSIBLY work is if only you could see the custom skin.

Having random variations of champion appearances would just make the game confusing. You'd never be able to tell by looking at the screen who was actually attacking you. You'd start seeing skins that were other champions, like I'd be laning top as Shen but I'd look like Mundo. And our Mundo would be in the jungle but he'd look like Ashe.

PoisonedTea 02-01-2013 06:39 AM

You can go to league craft for custom skins

riot knows about the site they may even look for idea's

but here is the issue

but there is copyright issue they cant use brand name stuff(mostly it seems they got a few in).

the second issue is comparability I have used moded skin's most work well but there are times a patch will come out to break a skin.

It is not really possible for them to do this

Mewaki 02-01-2013 06:44 AM

What about the uploaded skins need to be checked first?
By one or more Riot employees?
There would be new rules too.
Like no nudes , no champion- changing skins . Stuff like that.

Idk , I just like the idea of making your own unique skin.
But thats just my opinion.

Pocky 02-01-2013 06:48 AM

Yeah, that's basically the part I liked about your idea the most. Is that you can get your own ideas out there, but thhere'd just have to be a lot of rules to work out, I feel ;;!