League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   An idea for Mantras/Karma (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3068234)

Letler 02-01-2013 05:59 AM

An idea for Mantras/Karma

First, I know she is getting a rework so don't bother reminding me. I just wanted to know what you thought of my idea!

So, currently Mantras make 1 of Karmas spells a bit better, Q gets a heal, W gets extra ms, and E gets some burst. Super. Karma gets 2 Mantras that at the lowest CD of 12 seconds.

I was struck with the thought, what if you could add 2 charges to 1 spell if you wanted?

TL;DR Stacking 2 mantras to one skill will provide additional effects. Single Mantra spells don't feel like ultimates, why not consume 2 mantras and make 1 ability more ultimate feeling?
Q - heals &double the range and width
W - doubles move speed &silences and damages target
E - shields, damages & applies knock back
R - Mantra cooldown cut in half on kill or assist

Here is my mini rework for Karma:

Passive: Karma gains up to 30 / 50 / 70 / 90 / 110 / 130 ability power corresponding to her percentage of missing health.

Heavenly Wave

Karma deals magic damage to enemies in a cone.

Single Mantra Bonus: In addition to damaging enemies, Heavenly Wave heals Karma and allies in the arc.

Double Mantra Bonus: In addition to damaging enemies and healing, Heavenly Wave doubles in range and width.

Spirit Bond

Active: Karma makes a 1000-range tether from herself to target unit for up to 5 seconds, gaining a movement speed bonus for the duration. A target ally gains the same movement speed bonus for the duration; a target enemy is slowed for the duration. Allies that touch the tether gain the same movement speed bonus for 3 seconds; enemies that touch the tether take magic damage and are slowed for 3 seconds. The tether breaks if the bonded target is stealthed.

Single Mantra Bonus: Spirit Bond applies double the normal movement speed modifier.

Double Mantra Bonus: Spirit Bond applies double the normal movement speed and silences the target of the bond, the target also takes damage from the tether.

Soul Shield

Active: Target ally gains a shield that absorbs a certain amount of damage. The shield dissipates after 5 seconds if not already destroyed.

Single Mantra Bonus: In addition to shielding the target, Soul Shield deals magic damage to enemies within 300 range upon casting.

Double Mantra Bonus: Shields target, deals magic damage to enemies within 300 range, enemies damaged by Soul Shield are also knocked back.

Mantra

Cooldown: 0.15
Cost: 1 Mantra charge

Mantra

Active: Karma's next ability within 8 seconds gains an additional effect. Karma can store up to 2 Mantra charges, gaining one every 30 / 25 / 20 seconds, affected by cooldown reduction. Mantra may be used twice in a row to add additional effects to one ability.

Mantra is available from level 1 and does not require skill points to increase its rank. Mantra's cooldown is cut in half on enemy kill or assist.

Letler 02-01-2013 06:30 AM

Feedback pleases me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Letler 02-01-2013 06:45 AM

Karma makes a sad.

Sune 02-01-2013 06:48 AM

... Karma has been in rework forever... Get up on the news. She is getting a stun and a snare from the looks of it.

Freck This 02-01-2013 06:49 AM

#1 - IMO, Karma needs her attack range increased from 425. Soraka has a 550 attack range and can W herself for health and a fat Armor bonus (um, kind of like a shield in that you take "less" damage). So they're trying to ensure Karma moves into "Gank the everliving **** out of me range and you're never getting away from Kha'Zix range"

#2 - Those effing fans showing the enemy team if you HAVE or do NOT have your Mantra is ****. Get rid of the visual indicator as it's unfair. I don't always know if Teemo has 2 or 3 shrooms piled up, do I? TF's ult has cooled down? Lux's pewpew?

#3 - Increase her mana or mana regen rate. It's disgusting. I get blue at low levels and actually run myself dry when clearing parts of jungle.

Letler 02-01-2013 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sune (Hozzászólás 34141540)
... Karma has been in rework forever... Get up on the news. She is getting a stun and a snare from the looks of it.

The stuff tweeted by Guinsoo about Karma was confirmed as scrapped and they are starting over as of like 6 weeks ago.

Freck This 02-01-2013 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sune (Hozzászólás 34141540)

Where is this news? I must admit to not performing active searches on "What upgrades are XXX champion getting?" It's just not that important to me. If you're not winning Pro tourneys then this game is merely a life distraction.

PaulTheMerc 02-01-2013 06:52 AM

#3: you don't belong in the jungle. foubd your problem. stil agree with the mana bit tho.

Letler 02-01-2013 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freck This (Hozzászólás 34141698)
Where is this news? I must admit to not performing active searches on "What upgrades are XXX champion getting?" It's just not that important to me. If you're not winning Pro tourneys then this game is merely a life distraction.

This info was tweeted by RiotGuinsoo some time ago, giving mini updates on the rework. They have since abandoned those ideas and are doing something else. So we just need to wait another 6 months... Making it a full year and a half of her "in rework" status.

Sune 02-02-2013 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Letler (Hozzászólás 34141870)
This info was tweeted by RiotGuinsoo some time ago, giving mini updates on the rework. They have since abandoned those ideas and are doing something else. So we just need to wait another 6 months... Making it a full year and a half of her "in rework" status.

That's sad... I was unaware.. -_-