League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Revise the practice game list. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=30246)

Victory 11-30-2009 07:38 AM

Revise the practice game list.

I'd like to see it changed to something like what Battle.net had, where private games aren't even listed and can only be entered by people who know both the game name and password. It's annoying to have to sort through 90+% private games in order to check out the few available public games. At the very least, give us an option to hide private games from the game list.

Pendragon 11-30-2009 07:56 AM

Filter options are planned!

Victory 11-30-2009 08:18 AM

Good to hear.

Ad Victoriam 11-30-2009 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pendragon (Hozzászólás 332135)
Filter options are planned!

Will you be re-designing the whole practice game design?

What I'd really like to see would be rooms based on summoner level, newbie rooms for people just starting, and some functioning sort features...

I often find myself on a smurf account just going into practice games and trying to help some of the newer players out at the start, but a lot of them seem to either not communicate that they're new, don't want help, or don't listen. I think if there was a room with matches specifically for those newer players, we could get a good atmosphere there and help to educate the newbies so that when they get into the normal games they don't cause any rage...

And the level-based rooms would be nice, since if I'm testing a new build or something with a champ, and I don't want to generate and normal-game rage, I usually end up in just some noob game, not even having to try to play well, and not really improving with that champ... Might also make for some more balanced games with people of the same experience approximately.

Rayven 11-30-2009 08:38 AM

Nice, more suggestions plz.

IS138d309a4fea569e777b5 11-30-2009 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rayven (Hozzászólás 332282)

Filters:

Unlocked only
Specific map/game type
Number of players
Hide games with less than X slots left
Filter by host name
Filter by level
Runes allowed/not allowed

Hosting:

Reserve X slots for friends only
Restrict summoner level for clients
Disable use of runes
Set summoner level of all players
Practice game settings: Starting level, starting gold, starting # of towers per lane, respawn time, neutral creep respawn time, max level

TwoFatNuts 11-30-2009 08:58 AM

^This man is on to something!

Goldenpineapple 11-30-2009 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MCHeimer (Hozzászólás 332300)
Practice game settings: Starting level, starting gold, starting # of towers per lane, respawn time, neutral creep respawn time, max level

Woah woah woah too much there; no need for any of that. I wouldn't want to play a game with some turkey setting the respawn time to always be 90 seconds, start at 18, or cap at 11. Those all sound awful.

Warrition 11-30-2009 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rayven (Hozzászólás 332282)

Oh sure. Here are some IH (in-house) suggestions I posted several months ago. More variety is good!

1. Allow some mechanism for forming parts of both teams in a game, and then allow for other players to be added to fill out the missing slots. This could take the form, in practice games, of starting a game as "private", and then renaming it and making it "public" (LC-style). In the matchmaking system, this could take the form of filling the slots with people in an attempt to balance the teams, looking at the ratings of all players involved.

2. In addition, allow for a pool of players, say 6 players, to be filled with people from the matchmaking pool, and then completely balanced over both teams. This might, for instance, result in 5 IH people on one team, and 1 IH person and 4 pugs on the other team. It would all depend on the ratings of the players involved. You could get even fancier, for more balanced games, by allowing players to set temporary handicaps for themselves, e.g. "I'm going to be playing Zilean this game, and I've never played him, so we should put a 75% value on my rating for this game." In this case, the system would value that player less, and attempt to balance sides accordingly.

Obviously these games would be purely for fun, and would not change the ratings of those involved. The idea is to use the matchmaking system, coupled with some player knowledge, to make fair, balanced games with larger groups of players that know one another.

IS138d309a4fea569e777b5 11-30-2009 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldenpineapple (Hozzászólás 332363)
Woah woah woah too much there; no need for any of that. I wouldn't want to play a game with some turkey setting the respawn time to always be 90 seconds, start at 18, or cap at 11. Those all sound awful.

You'd be shown the settings and could filter them out easily in practice game searches. Maybe even make those settings private game only.

The point of those is to test strategies without spending a lot of time building up to them every game. And they could lead to some fun screw around games too.