League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Exiting the pregame lobby. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=30193)

Lendari 11-30-2009 02:40 AM

Exiting the pregame lobby.

I'm wondering what people think about this...

I know people are going to instinctively say "you shouldn't leave the lobby" but you know what, this is literally the only protection that a solo que player has against being stuck in a 40 minute long game of suck.

Like I should feel obligated to play with teams of 5x DPS or people who haven't even picked a champion with only 0:05 left on the countdown.

Can we PLEASE get a button to leave the lobby without closing the client and re-logging in? I'm also in favor of adding a "ready" button for each player (or an implied ready once you finish selecting a champion) instead of an arbitrary countdown.

Sintobus 11-30-2009 02:43 AM

I agree we shouldn't have to be forced with people who can't pick to make a balanced team. However I am thankful we don't actually get leaves for this. I have to close out of about 1/8 of my total solo que games because either I no longer feel like playing or my teams choices which won't change scare me. That along with AFKers in queuing cause me to close that little X a lot.

DCode 11-30-2009 03:44 AM

"hey there, how about changing heimer to, maybe a tank or carry?"
"i will play heimer."
"but it would be.."
"heimer is a good hero"
"ok fine, then maybe you there, might want to change that spell with tele instead and
we could use.."
"i never played morgana, i think shes cool!"
"ok FINE, what you gonna pick x guy?, x guy?"
"no response"

so yeah, i admit i did it a couple times, but just on exxxxxtreeeeeme situations.

Dyllyn 11-30-2009 04:03 AM

We shouldn't force people to play in a game together. i think the 3 minutes you lose getting back in queue is definitely less costly than getting a lose and 25 wasted minutes playing with veigars who get revive, for example.

Tram 11-30-2009 04:06 AM

If someone picks Heimer in my normal games, I got the right to leave the lobby as I please.

Pr0fessional 11-30-2009 04:49 AM

Leaving during pre-game should count as left a game on your record, so that once you've done it a few times i never have to deal with you again.

Tired of 20 min queue, because 1 little kiddie thinks he knows whats up, to sit in another 20 min queue just to get paired with the same kid doing it over and over.

Zacharemus 11-30-2009 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tram (Hozzászólás 331723)
If someone picks Heimer in my normal games, I got the right to leave the lobby as I please.

Agreed

blackwhitehawk 11-30-2009 05:13 AM

I rather they leave in pre game then actally go afk for 25 mins in game.

Thrawn200 11-30-2009 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pr0fessional (Hozzászólás 331765)
Leaving during pre-game should count as left a game on your record, so that once you've done it a few times i never have to deal with you again.

Tired of 20 min queue, because 1 little kiddie thinks he knows whats up, to sit in another 20 min queue just to get paired with the same kid doing it over and over.

Are we playing the same game even? I have never had a queue longer then probably 2 minutes, solo, pre-made or otherwise.

Ma3x 11-30-2009 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mitthrawnuruodo (Hozzászólás 331812)
Are we playing the same game even? I have never had a queue longer then probably 2 minutes, solo, pre-made or otherwise.

Players with high ELO rating have long queue times due to the fact that there are few players to choose from their close ELO range.