League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Lore Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   League Judgement: Annie (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=298826)

Kurthnaga 10-19-2010 07:19 AM

League Judgement: Annie

Candidate: Annie
Date: September 16, 19 CLE

OBSERVATION

Annie walks slowly through the hall, "oohing" and "aahing" at the hall, seeing the small threads of magic threading back into the chamber. Smiling confidently at the ease with which she spied the magic in place, she strides towards the chamber.

The truest opponent lies within

Clutching Tibbers tightly as a chill encompasses her being, Annie lights a small fire in her palm and walks inside.

REFLECTION

Her dead father stands before her. With a small smile touched with the old lines of contempt and smugness that always edged his face, a true Noxian.

"Why do you want to join the League?"

Smiling smugly, Annie feels as though she has already won.

"To test myself."

Smiling at her, her father slowly disintegrates, dust blowing in the wind, as everything becomes black.

"Do not look so smug girl, you think you are already the greatest practitioner alive, but you still have much to learn!"

A small burst of energy knocks Annie off of her feet. A hand reaches down and helps her up. As her mother looks into her face, she admonishes her.

"Never grow arrogant child, lest your own sense of superiority undo you," she says, wiping a tiny scorch mark from her cheek, "Although that was a good one."

"May I go play now mother?"

Laughing, Annie's mother replies, "Yes child, but be home before dark, things odder than us stay in these lands."

Traversing the great tundra into a small forest, Annie summons her bear, Tibbers, and begins to play, climbing onto him and into the trees, giggling all the while. They play for hours, when suddenly a strange dog looking creature jumps at them. Tibbers bashes it aside with its massive arm, looking down at it, Annie notices it doesn't appear to be of Runeterra. It has razor sharp teeth, and is a sickly purple color, its tail ended spiked like a flail, an it has two wings that ended in razor sharp tips.

With a feeling of foreboding, Annie has Tibbers carry her home at a run. Everything appears fine, so she turns him back into a children's toy and walks inside.

Only to find her parents blood on the walls and floor, a beast, similar in appearance, although much larger and with several mouths, to the thing that attacked her, devouring what is left of her parents. Sniffing for a second, it turns around and faces her.

"NO!"

As Annie screams in terror, the building and everything in it is engulfed in a pillar of flame, as well as the land for another quarter mile. As she crawls out of the wreckage, she smiles to herself, her eyes glowing with fire. She lights everything else at the colony, knowing everyone else to be dead as well. Laughing harshly in the cold, biting wind, the voice returns.

"Why do you want to join the League?"

"To watch everything burn."

As Annie walks out of the chamber, renewed, secure in her power, the summoner looks at her departure in terror. The child is far more powerful and sinister than they could have believed. As the enormous doors close, they make a murderous peal, one that could herald the end of all.

Azeros 10-19-2010 07:42 AM

Evil.

Awesome judgement :D

Sylph 10-19-2010 08:23 AM

Fun read! :)

Added:
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=256575

Kurthnaga 10-19-2010 03:53 PM

Thanks for adding it to the sticky Sylph. I'll be writing an Anivia one soon, hopefully it will be a bit better, I haven't written in quite awhile.

Petrichor1 10-19-2010 04:55 PM

Now i cannot go past a little girl clutching a teddy bear without flinching in horror. +1

txsnowman 10-19-2010 05:08 PM

This is a great story no doubt, but tbh i never saw annie as "evil" more like a naive child who doesnt realize how serious the league is and is just trying to have fun

Kurthnaga 10-19-2010 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txsnowman (Hozzászólás 3550063)
This is a great story no doubt, but tbh i never saw annie as "evil" more like a naive child who doesnt realize how serious the league is and is just trying to have fun

I showed a bit of that as well with the interaction with her mother. I couldn't really go more in depth, but I believe on the outside she appears to be a naive frightened little girl, but on the inside she knows what she is doing, and has the capacity to do it in horrific ways. She is evil by nature and wanted to show that.

The Burning Waffle 10-19-2010 05:49 PM

Annie seems too innocent to be as evil as she's portrayed, if you hadn't said "To watch everything burn" but rather "To see all the pretty flames" or something like that (i know it's similar to Tristana's look at the pretty fireworks but w/e) point i'm making is she's more akin to a child trashing a block tower than someone who wants to watch the world burn. But this child has matches

Thunderstruck OP 06-24-2011 01:32 AM

those dog-like creatures sounded a bit like Zerglings from starcraft.