League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Farming as an ADC (Attack Damage Carry) (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2967100)

RivenxExile 01-03-2013 07:16 AM

Farming as an ADC (Attack Damage Carry)

I am looking for input from skilled ranked players here. On normal solo Q's i find myself doing really well (Like recent match with Ezreal bot was 17-0-16. Yet i do ranked and do horrible. My main concern with this post is i kept getting **** that my farming was low. With people like Ezreal, who only has skill shots what the best way to farm? i=Compared to everyone else, besides the jungler, i was only short like 40 minion kills. Any advice would be much appreciated.

TeknoWizard 01-03-2013 08:09 AM

Don't bold everything please. It hurts to read.

Farm with AA's? Kinda how almost everyone farms? Go into a custom game by yourself, and just practice last hitting until you can hit 100 CS at twelve minutes, and 200 at twenty minutes. Protip right hurr: If you see two creeps that would die at the same time, AA the lowest one, then Q the other one to get both creeps, instead of having to choose one. If you're getting zoned completely, nothing wrong with firing off Q's at minions to last hit them.

RivenxExile 01-03-2013 09:49 AM

Sorry about the bold. Habit in past forums for differentials. Thanks! I really appreciate the feedback. I did the custom minion kill practice before, but that was back when I first started and could care less at the time about getting better. Any other advice, tips, tricks, etc are greatly admired. My main is Riven solo top so anything I can get for farming/ getting better at my job is great news indeed. Thanks again Tekno

Patyfatycake 01-03-2013 02:12 PM

Takes practice, im assuming you know how to last hit under tower?

Lord Puppy Fury 01-03-2013 03:39 PM

1. Practice

2. Practice more

3. Keep practicing

If you're struggling with knowing when to hit a minion, you can left click it to see it's health, look at your damage, and do the math to figure out when to attack. If you have strong APM, you can literally do this for every minion. Otherwise, use the math method in order to figure out what the minion health bar needs to look like before you last hit. Early, minion armor is non-existent to worthless so you don't need to factor for that since you've probably got some penetration in your runes and masteries anyways.

I don't recommend practicing last hitting with bots unless you're very new to the game. Continue to practice in normal so you'll learn to last hit while considering all the other pressures present in a game. Or, you can ask a friend to 1v1 you on Proving Grounds so that way you at least have a real person against you even if you're free from ganks, etc.

Especially while you're improving, focus on farm over harassment. Looking at your last two ADC games, well, your farm is weak. You did well on MF because you got fed on kills. You can't count on that, though, so learn to farm like the Amish. There's some craziness you can get into with attacking your lane opponent every time they go for a last hit and advanced minion management based on whether you clear caster or melee minions first. Until you can last hit solidly and consistently, though, focus on the basics. If you're getting harassed, buy pots. Until you get to a reasonably high level, most people can't harass well and last hit at the same time. A pot is only 1-2 minions and if you've out farmed your opponent by 20, 30, however many minions, it's worth it.

MysticDonkey 01-03-2013 04:14 PM

As an experienced ADC, it's important to know how to CS. If you have about 70 AD in lane, you should wait until your minions get the minion to about 10-25% hp until you strike. Watch out when you try to cs, alot of experienced ADC's try to bait you into csing so they can harass you while you are attacking a minion instead of him, try to use this against your enemies.

RivenxExile 01-03-2013 05:06 PM

Like i know how to last hit and what it takes and when to do it, its just i get caught up focusing on the enemy versus minions when they overextend and are pushing really hard at my turret, I know there can be real big hate for Junglers but i really feel having that jungler there ot take heat of your lane can sometimes be crucial in getting some of your farm back

Tarrmayy x 01-03-2013 05:33 PM

getting 200cs at 20minutes? or 100 at 12minutes like some guy said. sure it would be good but dont forget that there is also 2 enemy laners who harrasand an enemy jungler in your way.so just do your best to last hit as many creeps as possible when you can.

practice in normal games to perfect your last hitting, as in not hitting to early/late

RivenxExile 01-03-2013 05:49 PM

Well i just did a custom match like someone said not a very good test but i only had like 40 minion kills at 10 minutes. (Seeing as how there really isn't minions until 2 minutes or so top lane to fight.) End game 35 minutes i had 200 minions kills exactly. 36-0-6 was my record. Again it was bots so when they were being foolish i couldn't help but kill them lol

Tarrmayy x 01-03-2013 06:10 PM

play normals , in ranked games i feel good when i get 100 cs by 15minutes