League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Before I Smack somebody (countering Twisted fate) (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=29624)

Rectal Necrosis 11-28-2009 02:57 AM

Before I Smack somebody (countering Twisted fate)

Ok, this is going to be a beautifully guide and hopefully everyone can stop *****ing about Twisted Fate's Gold card when I'm done.

Personally Gold card is just another stun, but everyone seems to be up at arms about it being OP when in reality all it does is stun an enemy. If you get picked off by it at the game start then you should die. So here, let me explain how to counter this.

No matter how good a TF player is, he can be out maneuvered. Nobody is watching everything that happens. A text can cause you to lose focus, you can decide to check the map for more profitable areas to TP to, hell you can be trying to itch a spot on your back that just isn't working out. When this happens they'll stop moving and TF will walk up and start wailing on the first thing he sees. Stun, corner, and kill him.

Granted you won't always be playing against someone with the chicken pox or ADD, but it is VERY simple to counter my favorite and only champion.

Ever hear the expression "fight fire with fire?" Truer words were never spoken, especially when it comes to twisted fate. here are the skills and how to counter them

He can teleport: Any hero can teleport. Anybody with flash can teleport instantly to a shirt distance location (albeit not far, but now you can jump down a cliff and save a friend), if you don't have flash simply use the first TP that is given to you right off the bat. It takes four seconds, but unless a hero sees that tiny little minion now glowing orange in the back, no one notices (not to mention TF's teleport originally takes 4 seconds).

He can slow: Most heroes can slow. I have honest to God never played a game where I haven't had to deal with Ashe, singed, and or Ryze. Almost every **** hero has a slow skill, and the ones who don't are too busy with skills that are meant to put heroes in the grave (not to mention TF has no HP) that they don't need slow skills because every hit is a kill (stupid Annie *****).

He can stun: This honestly bothers me a little. Yes I can stun you, I can stun you and anyone in a certain radius. However, half the time I can't even see what card is coming up next because half of it is hidden behind my health/mana bar. On top of that you need to focus on that card and pray to God you don't hit W too soon on the red card. "Skilled" TF users can do it no doubt, but every single one of us hate the fact that its hidden behind our health bar, or that we have to wait 4 seconds to get the stun, then pray we can hit someone with it in the next 11 seconds before it disappears.
Stun skills considered, the only thing a gold card has going for it is the fact that it has a fastcool down (which is countered by the four seconds it takes to get your gold card). Ryze's rune prison is freaking lethal! Not to mention after level 3 it deals 80+AP to whichever poor sap is stuck in it while they get railed by an entire enemy team. Granted a gold will stun you for three, but I'd prefer a guarantee stun over a "maybe if the guy is stupid enough to get too close in the next 10 seconds" any day.

He hurls 3 cards that can pierce anything: I have one word for you: Ashe. Ashe's Volley though limitted to hitting only the first things that make it in the way (making hiding behind minions a must) has a wider burst pattern, and her Magic Crystal arrow of ultimate doom can hit my sorry *** from across the map, taking out half of my level 16 health and stunning me in place, allowing a Ryze to instantly flash over to me and stun me while some Shaco comes out of nowhere and starts poking me with sharp knives!

Heroes who can kill TF's *** dead: Ashe for her slow, Ryze for his stun, Teemo and Twitch both for their poison, and Shaco and Evelynn for their ninja speed. If you honest to God do not have one of those heroes on your team and you are up against a TF you're in trouble, otherwise know how to counter him and quit asking the admins to nerf a hero who's already hard enough to baby sit without missing his selling skill.

I don't mean to offend anyone or point fingers, it just seems that Twisted Fate is the most debated hero for his Gold Card. It kinda makes me sad that no one pays Cho'Gath's obesity issue any mind.

Edit: Just got my but handed to me by a very well played blitzcrank. He knew of my gold card and avoided it at all costs, dodged my wild cards with ease, and if I got too close to gold card him he'd rocket grab me next to a turret, then powerfist me behind enemy lines. I didn't have a chance to reveal, to tp, to run, anything. He got me about four times before I said "screw this" and had to avoid him the rest of the match.

recursive 11-28-2009 05:23 AM

Hopefully this stops the neverending torrent of tears

Thanks for this guide

Lemt 11-28-2009 05:38 AM

Blitzcrank has a stun with a 4 second cooldown, that ignores Banshee's Veil and similar effects, that deals a heck ton of damage. I don't see too many people complaining about him. Plus he can grab you from safety to stun you. And many complain about TF?
Yeah, people should complain less and L2P.

EDIT: I consider dealing real 600 damage "a heck ton of damage".

ComradeBrad 11-28-2009 08:59 AM

The problem people have is because locking gold card then destiny + gate is an instant gank from anywhere on the map. And there really isn't much you can do about it except play super conservative.

Rectal Necrosis 11-28-2009 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ComradeBrad (Hozzászólás 326086)
The problem people have is because locking gold card then destiny + gate is an instant gank from anywhere on the map. And there really isn't much you can do about it except play super conservative.

Yeah, but any ****er with flash and a stun can do the same thing. You just don't like TF because he's blue.

Lemt 11-28-2009 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mekmaster (Hozzászólás 326261)
Yeah, but any ****er with flash and a stun can do the same thing. You just don't like TF because he's blue.

Probably won't like that Avatar movie, then.

And Blitz can haz flash, and haz stun. And he can have teleport. And he's not as squishy.

HackerJacks 11-28-2009 10:14 AM

Twitch, Singed, and Eve are Twisted Fates worst enemies.

ComradeBrad 11-28-2009 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mekmaster (Hozzászólás 326261)

Anyone with flash can global reveal + snare and nearly instantly teleport to anywhere on the map? GG, you obviously don't know **** about how to play so I'm done.

Changief 11-28-2009 11:07 AM

Level 2 TF vs Level 2 Blitz

TF: Stun! Gotcho dumb ass! Wild card! HAH! Auto attack! I'm too good baby! (150 damage total)
Blitz: Engage Systematic destruction of loud Cajun. initiate retrieval method A. Complete. Initiate Forced Aeronautical travel. Complete. (390 Damage)

This is not a joke.. This is Me as TF vs DavidBeckham23 as Blitz. I flashed away with 50 health from full.

Rectal Necrosis 11-28-2009 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ComradeBrad (Hozzászólás 326414)
Anyone with flash can global reveal + snare and nearly instantly teleport to anywhere on the map? GG, you obviously don't know **** about how to play so I'm done.

Think about it, when does TF usually show up for a kill? Either when someone is running or in the middle of a cluster****, you can use the flash in the cluster**** and appear in the same fashion TF can. Then you can be like "lolz stun weakest dude, ponch ponch ponch. You're dead tiny squishy thing."

Heh, I do believe Blitz has something against cajun's... would explain why he didn't accept my gift basket as a gift after I got his copper fist in the pooper and wanted a truce.