League of Legends Community
12345 ... 6

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   In-Game HUD Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   [Request] Logitech G15 Keyboard Support? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=295178)

Eambo 10-16-2010 06:10 PM

[Request] Logitech G15 Keyboard Support?

As silly as it is, I think it'd be cool to have a LoL application for the G15/G19 keyboard's LCD display. Something like what WoW have implemented, that you can switch between four screens, showing:

- Characters current stats (AD/AP/Def/MgkDef etc.)
- Game Kills/Death (Team and Enemy)
- Frames Per Second/Latency
- It'd be cool if you could integrate more with the game, and say for example if you click on an item in store (let's say it costs 1000) and you buy a sub item of it (let's say you purchased a sub item worth 250) it'd let you know the amount left to finish the item. (I know this one sounds kind of silly, but it'd save you from opening the shop menu to check)

Very simple request, and obviously not of any priority, but it'd be a nice add-on in my opinion :-)

Visualcode 10-18-2010 04:33 AM

I think this would be a horrible idea, and I use a G15. Is there really any reason we should want people to take their eyes off the screen? This is a fast-paced game, taking your eyes off the screen is dangerous. You want people staring at a tiny thing in front of them to try and find out information which is of no value? Team scores are easily seen, stats, and FPS. Adding this to the G15 would do nothing but complicate the way you view these.

Eambo 10-19-2010 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Visualcode (Hozzászólás 3517935)
I think this would be a horrible idea, and I use a G15. Is there really any reason we should want people to take their eyes off the screen? This is a fast-paced game, taking your eyes off the screen is dangerous. You want people staring at a tiny thing in front of them to try and find out information which is of no value? Team scores are easily seen, stats, and FPS. Adding this to the G15 would do nothing but complicate the way you view these.

Well it's obviously going to be optional. I find myself glancing at my G15 keyboard to check my temps anyway, and I'm not stupid enough to do it during a fight. Heck, I spent most of my time not looking at my game, I watch the minimap during my every moment.

JediDwag 10-19-2010 07:03 AM

This would be useful if it can be implemented well. The screen on my G15 is pretty small, but it'd be nice if I could see my current champion stats so I can check my CDR or crit chance, or see the gold remaining to the last item I had open in the shop, or the remaining death times of the enemy champions. All things I would normally have to pop open a window in game blocking my view of the game regardless to check.

I think it's a good idea.

Visualcode 10-19-2010 01:46 PM

Well, I guess it could work out well, as long as the screen is not a big clutter.

Flavorable 11-25-2010 02:35 PM

Bump.

We need that app! Give out the code, PLEASE. >_<

Daniellynet 11-26-2010 09:35 AM

Would be very useful having a screen that showed you all that. :)
Using the G15 with Fraps for my FPS at the moment.

Eambo 11-26-2010 05:43 PM

I'm getting a G19 from Christmas, PLEEZ RIOT! You have no excuse, you made Alienware AlienFX software, now you must support the G15/G19! =-)

Daniellynet 11-27-2010 01:37 AM

Wish we could contact Riot directly, and make them make it work.

But there are other things that have a higher priority, so meh.

Flavorable 11-27-2010 10:25 AM

I just got the G19 yesterday ( Loooooooooooooove it) and after waiting on it for my G15, I would really love to see Riot give people the opportunity to have their keyboard come to use.

And talking about priority is (excuse me) bull, because, if they give out the code, there's plenty of handy people around who can make the app. It's how it's done now, mostly, anyway. I vote we keep bumping this post until we at least have some sort of answer.