League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   (Guide) Miss Fortune (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=293700)

Shin˘by 10-15-2010 04:05 PM

(Guide) Miss Fortune

Ever since MF was available, I purchased her and prefer to only play her if we're actually trying to win (rather then goof around). I love everything about her, she was made for my playstyle, and I'm here to share that with you. This is my first guide, so I hope it can help some of you out there! All criticism is welcome and encouraged. Thanks!

Double Up - Miss Fortune fires a shot at an enemy target, dealing 35/70/105/140/175 (+) physical damage and 120% of that damage to another enemy target behind the first. Applies on-hit effects.
Cost
70/75/80/85/90 Mana
Range

Impure Shots - Miss Fortune passively increases damage dealt to a target with each strike. This ability can be activated to increase Miss Fortune's attack speed and cause her attacks to lower healing received by the target.
Passive: Miss Fortune deals 6/8/10/12/14 (+0.05) magic damage to her target with each attack, cumulatively stacking up to 4 times on the same target.

Active: Miss Fortune's attack speed is increased by 30/35/40/45/50% for 6 seconds and causes her attacks to lower healing received and health regeneration by the target by 50%.
Cost
50/50/50/50/50 Mana
Range

Make It Rain - Miss Fortune unleashes a flurry of bullets at a location, dealing waves of damage to opponents and slowing them.
Miss Fortune fires hundreds of bullets into the air which rain down at a location after 0.5 seconds, dealing 95/155/210/275/335 (+0.8) magic damage over 2 seconds and slowing enemies hit by 20/25/30/35/40% for 1.5 seconds.
Cost
80/85/90/95/100 Mana
Range

Bullet Time - Miss Fortune channels a flurry of bullets into a cone in front of her, dealing large amounts of damage to enemies.
Miss Fortune channels a barrage of bullets into a cone in front of her for 2 seconds, dealing 60/85/110 plus the higher value between (0.2) or () magic damage per bullet.
Cost
150/150/150 Mana
Range

Strut - Miss Fortune gains an additional 25 movement speed after 7 seconds of not being attacked, increasing each second up to 80 maximum bonus speed.

Runes:
Marks - armor pen, no exception
Seals - I run mp5/lvl, I know some players prefer dodge here, but the mp5 is so necessary if you're actively harassing with Q
Glyphs - I have yet to try anything besides flat CDR, if you dont find yourself needing it, you can use more mp5/lvl for more harassment
Quints - you can either use flat hp quints for the extra 90hp, or armor pen quints here which I personally use now.. I used to use flat hp quints before I got the ArP but the doran's blade is usually enough by itself

I start with 29 armor pen, 5.85% cdr, and 16 mp5 at lvl 18 (.9 mp5 @ lvl 1 extra)

Masteries:
21/0/9

Offensive:
Deadliness 3/3
Cripple 1/1
Sorcery 4/4
Alacrity 3/4
Sunder 3/3
Brute force 3/3
Lethality 3/3
Havoc 1/1

Utility:
Perserverance 3/3
Good hands 1/3
Awareness 4/4
Meditation 1/3

starting items: dorans blade + 1 pot, i prefer mana b/c i harass ALOT and she cant use Q without mana

mid lane - harass or last hit?
the best part about MF is that its easy to do both, however, what most people get stuck in their head, is that double up is OP and they over-extend on their harassment, or they forget to last hit also. what you must remember is (a)who your mid opponent is: (b)what their summoner skills are(most important) (c)and what abilities they possess(range of them as well)

you can get very aggressive in mid, and essentially zone out your opponent of xp alot of times by standing between their caster minions and them (while they're by their own turret) keeping them scared there, while just being a right click champ and last hitting, to force them (a) off of xp, and (b) off of gold, b/c when your minions finally do push, the turret will get most of the kills... very easy to outfarm them this way in more ways then one

do not be afraid to auto attack once or twice to 'semi-scare' them off and get them to run behind their caster minions, or at least off to the side.. predict which way they're going, and harass immediately with a double up... i've gotten multiple multiple lvl 2 first bloods, by use of lvl'ing, instantly taking my E(make it rain), using it, exhausting them, 1 auto attack, a double up, and then flash to them and finish with auto attacks

lvl 3-6
if you have a jungler on your team (esp. nunu here), dont overly harass. you want to give them a false sense of security to over extend a little bit, and set up an early lvl 3-4 gank.. usually by lvl 3 nunu will have lizard and 2 points into ice blast, on top of you having make it rain and exhaust... they're NOT getting away from that
if you get the gank, the jungler should immediately go back into the jungle to finish their route, so you get all the xp, b/c MF can push the tower to half hp here alone, and she needs all the xp she can get to hurry up and hit 6 well before her opponent (all of this is assuming mid of course). once you have lvl 6 before your opponent, you just need to regularly harass as you were, and once flash and exhaust are back up, you'll have a solo kill easily assuming they dont come for a gank on you in the mean time (every game i have a competent team, i usually end up 3/0/0 by the 8:00 mark) b/c once you get your 2nd kill, you're free to go gank top or bottom, whichever is lower/overextending/in need and you'll usually get at least 1 kill in the process

ITEMS

from this point, you should allow your lane teammates to push the tower alone, while you go shop.. you should have plenty of gold by now. my personal preference usually, if im going back at this point (at 3/0/x) is boots1 + tear of the goddess (eventually leading into manamune). i love my early tear so i can stack my mana pool early so i have no problems later on going oom right before/during a team fight/chase... nothing sucks worse then chasing a 1-hit-from-death champ and not having mana for a make it rain to slow them, or a double up off the last minion to get that killing blow... i almost ALWAYS build manamune first for this reason, b/c by the time you're 18, if this is the only +dmg item you have, you will be sitting at about 140ish dmg from just this, but by then, you should have bf sword built into something (IE, BC, BT - personal preference pending here)

depending on their group comp, my boot choices in preference are boots of swiftness unless merc treads or ninja tabi's are needed.. if they have at least 3 phys champs (including tank) I get tabi's and eventually build a phantom dancer. I go merc treads if they have at least 2-3 'mage' champs and/or cc galore (taunt, stun, snare) boots of swiftness are good enough if they just have slows

after my manamune and boots are completed (i still have dorans blade at this point mind you), if i have been fed hardcore throughout this game so far, some gold will go to wards to help out the team, since i was farming more hard core then my teammates and i will ward up mid (top/bot river bushes) and dragon.. usually by this point, we have 1-2 dragon's down as well, if things are going correctly (post-bottom gank, you should immediately go get dragon, b/c they're going to be coming to bot usually from somewhere anyways to defend, why not get a free 130 global gold for your team)

I will buy starks if there is more phys on my team, and they refuse to buy it, or just need other items, the life steal you gain from the items in the process of building allow you to do all kinds of stuff anyways, so why not.. i also try to get a BF sword early, especially if I'm really fed, and turn it into either an IE, BT, or BC, depending what their team is like... IE is amazing, but expensive, BT is amazing if they have a lack of exhaust, and not much cc, to where I can just keep shooting and out dmg them while gaining health back in the process to negate some of their damage, and BC just rapes squishies, esp. with your '29 passive ArP' from runes...

If they have a hp stacking team, madreds it is early (i.e. 2 tanks + vlad, or whatever)

My final item build usually ends up looking like this: (ill use previous game examples)

10/0/7 K:A
dorans blade
bloodthirster
boots of swiftness
tear of the goddess
vamp scepter
-I was super fed early and had enough for a BF sword when I went back the first time after a 3/0/0 start, so I went for it rather then the manamune b/c I expected a short game and didnt think I'd get to build the manamune up in dmg, and wanted the early BT b/c of their group comp as well

14/6/14 K:A
manamune
last whisper
IE
starks
dagger
ninja tabi's
-4 phys on their team, including the tank, so tabi's was certain.. only 1 tank, no hp stacks, no last whisper > madreds in that aspect, and we had 2 other phys on our team so i picked up the starks for us... was working on completely out a phantom dancer last, dagger was all i could afford at the last purchase (with a crit/AS elixir) so I just went with it for the final hoorah team fight

10/3/7 K:A (ranked game - the rest were normal premades)
by the time we finished, this is what i had:
dorans blade x2 (explanation after)
manamune
pickaxe
cloak of agility (was building IE obv.)
boots of swiftness
-i was put into a lane with rammus (forgot who we had for mid but was better choice for matchup). we murdered annie at lvl 2.. powerball + taunt + make it rain + double up + exhaust = dead little girl (1/0/0), she comes back, but poor kogmaw was already dead (2/0/0)... annie comes back, and alistar comes to help... (4/0/0 lol).. when i finally went back, i had enough for tear straight up, and like 500 gold left, so i bought another doran's blade (its not a bad thing to get a 2nd/3rd early on) the extra 120 hp keeps you way beefier in the lane, especially when you're already dominating them and out lvling them already as it is

i've had a couple 25+ kill games, and i've had my fair share of getting murdered b/c of bad teammates (no mia calls and i overextend, etc.).. one thing about MF, especially if you're solo que'ing, please make sure you have amazing map awareness.. if your teammates die, and you have no eyes on top, or bottom, or w/e, dont overextend no matter what... she is SQUISHY! 500 dmg on a turret early isnt worth you dying over and feeding them gold, I promise.. that turret eventually WILL go down

mid matchups:
mord - dont be scared, harass the **** outta him!! his shield is garbage early on.. try not to take too much minion aggro damage though, thats what hurts the most.. you stand back, let him do his cone attack, then you go in with 1-2 autos to push him behind casters, and then double up... no more shield, and 1/4 hp gone already.. lvl 2, make it rain... keeps him low shield, running, and into instant double up guarantee (down to half hp now)... if he doesnt have exhaust/flash also, you win before/at lvl 3... safely take his shield, make it rain, auto, then exhaust, auto, double up, flash, auto, he dies usually by then

vlad - harass harass harass early and find out if he's a good vlad or a bad vlad.. if you dont know what I mean, dont go mid vs vlad to start with.... your W is your best friend here, b/c the DU procs it too.. let him use his Q on whatever he wants, then auto auto DU.. 1/3 hp gone at least now... he's either scared, bad, dumb, or about to get aggressive with you, which we're ok with either way.. you want him at half health before you try to completely kill him.. you let him push at least half way to mid, harass with auto + W, throw a DU at him, he should pool away, flash to him and get ready to exhaust him and then make it rain.. he's dead

im not going to bother going over some of the squishies that take mid sometimes (teemo, twitch, veigar, etc.) they're all the same.. you hit ALOT harder than they do, and if they're phys, you just exhaust them if they try you, you win, simple as that... so far the only champs I have found I have trouble with is a good kog maw, and a good kat... pantheon isnt too awful fun, but you can manage to play around his block.. the idea is to get them scared early by showing them how hard you really do hit with DU

Shin˘by 10-16-2010 02:38 PM

bump, looking for any kind of feedback, good or bad

DawnTake 11-01-2010 05:33 PM

Hey,Well i used your build Just today, and I really like it.
Didn't get as much kills as I wanted got alot of assists
becuase of our SK kennen and garen sigh! but I was proud with my abilities, only died 2x.

fargone74 11-05-2010 04:23 PM

I use MF a bit. I am not sure Im qualifed to make any input.

My runes and Masteries are identical to yours and couldn't agree more with these.

As you said, I find farming and laning mid to generally be very easy with MF. Most champs are very easy to deal with.

I find I have more success buying bf sword on my first return trip to base. Considering accumulating gold is so easy for her, I tend to get the cash very quickly. I have found that while the manamune is great in a long game, it leaves quit a bit to be desired early/mid game when you could be shredding the opponents champs.

I then purchase boots, finish of the bf sword (most commonly as bloodsword), finish my boots, then move onto another bf sword. Generally speaking, my damage output at this point is huge and I pick items from there according to my opponents champs.

I think your advice in contstant harrassment is spot on. MF is great for this and definitely capable of killing most champs solo in mid.

Overall, I was very happy when I read this guide as it confirmed that perhaps I was finally getting something right.

Alex Pan 11-05-2010 04:34 PM

Manamune is a bad item to get

Shin˘by 11-09-2010 07:32 PM

I appreciate the compliments and comments, and I have, since this guide was written, changed my play style a little bit with her... manamune is not a bad item, however it is becoming less necessary as i've changed over my runes as well... i'm now using armor pen marks + quints, and mp5/lvl glyphs and seals (<6% cdr isnt enough to matter on her tbh, i'd rather have the mana to cast that last second double up) i've been staying in lane longer, and making it a point to get first blood or early gank, to get a BF sword on first trip back, 2nd trip is usually been boots (all the way to swiftness hopefully) and a vamp scepter (currently dorans blade, bf sword, swiftness boots, vamp scepter) this is clearly if things are going your way... the core that i have been building around is swiftness boots, bloodthirster, infinity edge, the the other 3 slots are entirely up to you depending on your team's build, and theirs... if someone already has starks for you, awesome, if not, try to get someone to build it, or do it yourself if they wont (assuming enough phys dps on your team to make it worthwhile), phantom dancers are good vs yi/xin/tryn/etc, madreds if 2-3+ are hp stacking, last whisper if armor stacking, and ghostblade isnt a terrible choice to end up with... my past few games ive just gone 3x bloodthirsters and boots and won with that but.. that's just me messing around for the most part b/c i was so far farmed/fed

Reignn 11-09-2010 11:35 PM

If you build manamune, don't play MF. You make all the good MF's look bad when you do. Stacking high damage early game rather then AS or manamune nets a higher value from double up and your W gives enough AS to make you hit like a truck. If you want AS, build a madreds for the effect AS, AD and slight armor.

Shin˘by 11-10-2010 01:31 PM

if you catch yourself falling behind (which you shouldnt be unless you have a bad team, get ganked early, etc. etc.) manamune is a relatively cheap item, that can help you catch back up, via adding dmg over time, while allowing you to never have to leave the lane b/c of the increased mana pool you will be getting

Shin˘by 11-10-2010 03:09 PM

recent update:
just decided to try something new after watching someone else's video guide... now, mind you i was fed and they were pretty bad, but nonetheless.. 25:38 was the game time before they surrendered, i was 22/1/5, dorans blade + pot, kill leblanc in mid twice before i have to blue pill, buy boots + 2x more dorans blades, back to mid, kill her again, then go top and double kill ryze + yi (5/0/0 by 9:00), go back, buy 2 more dorans blades (thats right, 5x dorans blade + merc treads), i have 1800 hp at like lvl 10 (700 more then our tank lol), procede to murder mid, and help gank where needed, go back to base after mid tower goes down, sell 2 blades, buy BF sword and crit piece to IE (final build in order was dorans blade, merc treads, IE, last whisper, bloodthirster) i was literally 4-5 shotting their tank(cho gath)... have switched my runes to armor pen quints and marks, flat cdr glyphs again, and mp5/lvl seals still

Boomerax 11-18-2010 08:58 AM

I only want to say than i bought her new skin, the secret agent and she is very hot, thx.