League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Twisted Treeline (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   is Ezreal in 3s a viable champion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2919886)

Goleus 12-19-2012 06:45 AM

is Ezreal in 3s a viable champion

I've been playing this game for about 2 weeks and am rather fond of 3s over 5s and dom. I unlocked Ez the other day and have been playing with him regularly and can't figure out, in terms of gearing him, the best route to go.I also couldn't find anything relatively new on mobafire other than for 5s. I searched here also and can't seem to find anything other than Darius qq threads. Is Ez just not a viable 3s champ? This is my first post maybe I just haven't figured out how to use the search properly. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Nexusrage 12-19-2012 07:33 AM

I believe that EZ is one of the more viable AD's. You will need to have team mates who can protect you, and you will need good kiting skills.

In my opinion though, double bruiser AP, or bruiser/tank/AP works best.

Quit 12-19-2012 07:37 AM

playing save the ezreal with your team is very viable and extremely obnoxious to deal with

Wolfsark 12-19-2012 08:53 AM

Ezreal is more viable than most AD carries but you need to play extremely cautiously and have teammates to either initiate or peel for you. If you get out of position for a second or the enemy team has reach and your team has no peels, you will get blown up very fast. In terms of items and runes/masteries you should get the same ones as summoner's rift.

That being said, I wouldn't recommend playing him on TT. I play Malphite a lot and when the other team has a squishy AD carry I always win. Ult/exhaust/ground slam will bring them to 40% hp before they have time to do anything and they cant follow up due to the crippling damage and attack speed debuff.

Bloodline 12-20-2012 12:37 PM

Firstly, yes, Ezreal is viable.

Secondly, you should build a lot of damage and armour pen like any other AD carry. (21-9-0 Masteries, AD marks, armour yellows, MR blues, AD Quints. You can also use some armour pen runes, if you prefer).

Thirdly, If you're playing against a Malphite, you have to be on your toes. Quick reaction is going to save your life, and net you, and your team, some good plays. If he ults you, for example, arcane shift or flash away from it. If he exhausts you and "ground slams you" a lot, I recommend buying a QSS, which you can later build into a damage item (Merc Scimitar).

Lastly, it is a good idea to have teammates who can peel and protect you as Ezreal, however once you get good enough to kite really well, you can avoid damage and cause the enemy team to waste resources trying to catch you, which will expose them to free damage from your team mates.

Cronachan 12-20-2012 01:03 PM

Ezreal is the only other ad carry besides vayne that Ill play on 3's. Boots and dorans blade to start. Go back for a phage. Rush black cleaver and start working on sanguine blade. The game should be over before you can even finish SB.

Just kite kite kite while you chunk the enemy's health.

Use trueshot barrage to snipe low health targets or people trying to take your altar.