League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   @ RiotNome Please help get something done about Kassadin. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2911858)

MajorUrsa 12-16-2012 07:46 PM

@ RiotNome Please help get something done about Kassadin.

Having to continuously deal with this completely broken champion is ruining countless players experience with this mode. I'm getting really tired of constantly being trolled by people spamming Kassadin and then berating everyone while they play this game breaking champion.

It takes two or three patches after a big tournament where a champion is considered noticeably overpowered for the live team to nerf the pants off them. Nerfs to Kassadin wouldn't even matter to the SR realm, wheres hes not considered viable anyways.

If hes nonviable in SR, then whats holding back the live team from helping Dominion players out and fixing his kit so he isn't game-breakingly overpowered.

Spira 12-16-2012 07:49 PM

Amen brother.

Bma 12-16-2012 08:09 PM

Realistically I'd rather something get done about Champions like Eve which are probably overpowered on SR and Dominion.

As someone who uses Khazix on SR from time to time, it would be somewhat disheartening if a champion that is considered reasonably balanced on SR gets nerfed because of Dominion, same thing with Kassadin or Jayce.

Oh, that said, I think there should still be nerfs on these Champions for Dominion, but preferably not in a way that completely ends them on SR. Honestly I rarely expect the game to be perfectly balanced, that's why the argument of ranked is brought up often, because you get to ban champions that are overpowered while getting a queue mode people actually play (cough normal draft cough)

The Fizznity 12-16-2012 08:16 PM

Honestly, I just want him disabled on Dominion. It's a bandaid, but considering Riot is unable/unwilling to fix Kass right now, I don't see an alternative.

Eve is an... interesting case. I don't feel like shes actually OP; it seems more that there's a lack of means to control her. She's super dependent DFG and pen to gib anyone, and despite her 2 percent spells (w/DFG) she can't actually really kill bruisers easily. I'd love to see how she fares against a CC/kite team (kitreal, leona, stuff like that).

MajorUrsa 12-16-2012 08:20 PM

Khazix doesnt have a reliable escape every 6 seconds, a silence, and a slow, a long with insane ranged aoe burst (His Ws good but its no Kassadin). Khaz is extremely strong on Dominion. But hes not Kassadin.

MyDeadGrandma 12-16-2012 08:25 PM

I think they should just suck it up and treat flash mechanics like dashes when it comes to walls. Would go along way to gutting his get out of derp free card.

MajorUrsa 12-16-2012 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RCIX (Hozzászólás 32522334)
Honestly, I just want him disabled on Dominion. It's a bandaid, but considering Riot is unable/unwilling to fix Kass right now, I don't see an alternative.

Eve is an... interesting case. I don't feel like shes actually OP; it seems more that there's a lack of means to control her. She's super dependent DFG and pen to gib anyone, and despite her 2 percent spells (w/DFG) she can't actually really kill bruisers easily. I'd love to see how she fares against a CC/kite team (kitreal, leona, stuff like that).

I would be perfectly fine with him being disabled. There's 108 champions in the league, Riot can let summoners pick one of the other 107. There's no reason for him to exist on the map if the Live team is unwilling to offer Dominion players balanced champions. He's quite simply the most game breaking thing holding back Dominion and without ranked, with draft queue in the non-existant state that it is, disabling Kassadin would be one of the best balance decisions Nome could make.

Sauron 12-16-2012 08:33 PM

Kassadin is so strong he doesn't actually have abs, those are the skulls of yordles he has crushed into his torso.

Elysius 12-16-2012 09:03 PM

Kass needs a fix.. he makes every Dominion game a bad experience.. I hope Riot can do something about it.. the player base is not so big in Dominion and we really want to enjoy this mode ( I don't play SR at all )

Rikukun 12-16-2012 09:48 PM

Well, what if they implemented something like every champ with a spamable ult (lets say <10 sec cd) gets an increased cd on it globally?

This would make kassadin at least a little easier to deal with
Swain would be hurt, but I think skillful play could make up for this. Same for anivia
if the increased cd was % based, kog wouldnt be hurt much. same for akali, teemo, corki, Darius, Diana, Irelia, khazix and karma.
xerath would be slightly hurt by this, perhaps make him immune to it.
jayce would be toned down some, which people would like. nid and elise would suffer this nerf tho.

So there would be a few nerfs accross the board, but some OP champs would be toned down. What do people and Riotnome think of something like this?