League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Riot - Please Respond regarding AUSTRALIAN / OCEANIC Server (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2890443)

Werewolf 12-10-2012 11:30 PM

Riot - Please Respond regarding AUSTRALIAN / OCEANIC Server

Riot Games,

Please advise the status of an Australia / Oceanic based server for League of Legends.

-------------

Mission Accomplished!

Oceanic Welcome Thread here!

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterMirkinen (Hozzászólás 39207058)
Summoners,

It is with great pleasure that I announce you that League of Legends is now available down under with the beta launch of the Oceanic server. Players will have English-language support, local servers and a dedicated Oceania website.

Starting today, you can join the Oceanic beta by transferring from NA, LATAM, Russia, Turkey, EUNE and EUW. This transfer is free for a limited time. Early transfers earn exclusive rewards including Ziggs and Pool Party Ziggs and enjoy a 100% IP and XP boost for all players until after the beta is over!

Claim your free OCE transfer token by heading to the in-game store and clicking on the Other tab. Secure your summoner name on the new server by transferring today!

We’re also celebrating the launch with an online tournament from July 6 to July 14. The tournament’s top four teams will head to PAX Melbourne from July 19-21 to compete for cash prizes. There will be more info soon, so check back for all the details.

For the full scoop on the new server, transfer options, beta limitations and more, check out this FAQ.

Thank you SO much for pushing us in providing a better service to you!

It's finally here guys!

Make sure you encourage all the players that you know to transfer as soon as possible. The sooner the server gets loaded with people, the sooner these "beta" tests can be completed and our full server will be up and ready to go!

Spread the word and fill our new great server!

----

Thank you to all of our dedicated Oceanic summoners who kept this thread moving to show how important it was for our region to be able to play with a good ping and to be able to begin competing with the rest of the world!

Kudos mates on a job well done :)

- Werewolf
(Wolfie on OCE)

Destrucshot 12-10-2012 11:31 PM

I agree, we need an update we've been missing for months now.

Edit: At this point, this thread has gotten so large that the possibility of Riot NOT noticing this thread is little to none, I garentee it.

Riot, why are you intentionally not responding?

Edit: Morello response! I hope he talks to someone who does know about this though :(

Edit: Servers confirmed?

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterMirkinen (Hozzászólás 35178619)
Hey guys,

thank you so much for the overwhelming reaction to the Sydney Openings announcement.
I just wanted to share another piece of information.
Today we also opened 2 jobs based out of Sydney in the Technical Operation department.
You can find them here: http://www.riotgames.com/careers?loc...5D=425&search=

I also wanted to clarify couple of things:

"I just had a quick question - I have a background in IT support (desktop support) - do you have any idea if a similar position will be opened at some stage for the Sydney office?
I'd love to apply if so."

Not sure exactly about your background but we did open 2 new position today with a technical background. You can find then here: http://www.riotgames.com/careers?loc...5D=425&search=
Stay tuned as we will open more in the next weeks.

"if the new region is released, would an account transfer be possible?
Id hate to have to grind for levels, my champions, runes and buy my skins all over again "

We are aware that "not losing content you already purchased / unlocked" is something important for you so rest assure we are working on this.

"I wouldn't mind some kind of confirmation that they are releasing servers, and not just an Esports office!"

We will release servers there.

"I heard that Australian servers will be available late March, 2013"

This is not true unfortunately. We are hiring now so it's going to take longer than that to be ready.

thekous 12-10-2012 11:41 PM

Time it takes to perform a lee sin ward jump.

10 year old american kid. 0.05 seconds.

professional Australian gamer 0.50 seconds

Vonriel 12-10-2012 11:44 PM

Hell, I live in NA and support this. Every single Aussie I've met online has been awesome, you guys deserve better treatment than this.

Also, is it bad that I love to troll people from New Zealand by calling them Aussies? >.>

thekous 12-10-2012 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vonriel (Hozzászólás 32310739)
Hell, I live in NA and support this. Every single Aussie I've met online has been awesome, you guys deserve better treatment than this.

Also, is it bad that I love to troll people from New Zealand by calling them Aussies? >.>

call them sheep

Vonriel 12-10-2012 11:50 PM

Now that's just rude. You wouldn't like it if your girlfriend was called thekous, now would you?

...Wait, that's the Welsh.

Samurai047 12-10-2012 11:52 PM

I am personally fine with 190 ping. It's when I get to the 250+ mark I start noticing issues. 190 ping is bad in an FPS, but in this, not so much.

GaspingTruth 12-10-2012 11:52 PM

Beaglerush where

Also, if any of you are actually australian you'll understand just how hard it is to get a server here

"Oh you're the company that published the most popular game in the world? That's cool, please fill out these papers and we;ll have that server ready within seven to 12398193819 working days"

Wouldn't be surprised if Riot's still waiting imo.

NZL 12-10-2012 11:56 PM

Bump for less random skillshots and d/cs... seriously i would love to be on equal footing with the americans with their scumbag 20ms ping haha.
Edit: before you ask im not a sheep or an aussie im a kiwi :)

Evulpix 12-10-2012 11:56 PM

I occasionally bump the Australian servers thread hoping they can give us some more feedback but it hasn't happened yet. This thread is definitely the way to go.

Let's keep this going!

EDIT:

I recently stopped playing ranked due to ping being 200-260, it's really sad to have your elo based on whether you'll lag that day or not as I find it extremely difficult to win while lagging :/ It's inconsistent lag.

Walking into enemy towers for the extra HP.