League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   On-hit build on Kayle? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2880643)

Habber Dasher 12-08-2012 09:37 AM

On-hit build on Kayle?

So I feel like oh-hit builds got a boost with S3. I'm looking into new builds, specifically for Kayle, but there are so many new choices I'm having a hard time figuring out what is optimal. My core build thus far:

Runaan's Hurricane: Awesome on on hit builds because i basically multiplies all on-hit damage by 3 (not on the same target but still). Boost Kayle's already good aoe damage and applies here debuff on all three hits.

Blade of the Ruined King: Good on hit ability, life steal, good active if someone gets too close too Kayle.

Boots: Obviously

After this things get a little murky. Some items I've considered:

Manamune: Provides AD and lets Kayle spam to her hearts content in lane. Provides awesome on-hit damage once it transforms, though that can take awhile.

Wit's End: Classic for on-hit builds.

Malady: Provides mr which works well with Kayle's passive and Hurricane. With her E and Malady, and the Spellblade mastery Kayle would basically have a .55 AP ratio on every autoattack, which I think is pretty cost effective

Rageblade: Not on hit but simply provides more damage. Charges 3 times as fast with Hurricane. Its passive can give Kayle some spellvamp and life steal if she goes under 50% health. May consider gunblade for similar reasons.

Black Cleaver: Works well with passive and Hurricane. Gives cdr.

Static Shiv: Improves auto attacks, gives movement speed, and charges quickly with Hurricane.

Other AD carry items: Doesn't really mesh with an "on-hit" build, but may be viable since Hurricane and BotLK gives a good amount of attack speed and AD.

These are just damage items. Of course some survivability and cdr will probably also have to be built at some point in the game. Thoughts?

Habber Dasher 12-08-2012 03:50 PM

Bump

Wyndfall 12-08-2012 04:30 PM

Habber, I think all of these are good ideas.

A lot of these items focus on attack damage (in addition to the on-hit-effects). For me, the first order of business is to increase Kayle's attack speed. So I like Malady, Nashor's Tooth, and Madred's Bloodrazor.

Second, the on-hits you are looking at focus mainly on armor reduction or damage output. I like to go for on-hits that slow because I am usually supporting. Do you think the armor reduction is better than slows?

Lastly, I have not tried the Blade of the Ruined King. Does it's on-hit-effect work with the auto-attacks from Righteous Fury?

Habber Dasher 12-08-2012 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wyndfall (Hozzászólás 32229494)
Habber, I think all of these are good ideas.

A lot of these items focus on attack damage (in addition to the on-hit-effects). For me, the first order of business is to increase Kayle's attack speed. So I like Malady, Nashor's Tooth, and Madred's Bloodrazor.

Second, the on-hits you are looking at focus mainly on armor reduction or damage output. I like to go for on-hits that slow because I am usually supporting. Do you think the armor reduction is better than slows?

Lastly, I have not tried the Blade of the Ruined King. Does it's on-hit-effect work with the auto-attacks from Righteous Fury?

Hmm well if I wanted on-hit slow I would have to go with either Frozen Mallet or Triforce. Both of these are a little pricey but I believe it would apply to all three targets hit by Runaan's Hurricane, so its probably something to consider. Blade of the Ruined King is the replacement for for Bloodrazer. It does 4% of the target's current health in magic damage and heals you for half of that. It would apply to your main target with righteous furry and the two additional targets hit by Hurricane.

NeoScout 12-08-2012 05:07 PM

I would say new rageblade is a must on kayle

Wyndfall 12-08-2012 05:16 PM

Habber, that makes sense. (Although you are sacrificing attack speed for that health absorb.)

Neo, I feel like the build up on Rageblade isn't worth it if I can get more stats on other weapons.

Habber Dasher 12-08-2012 07:53 PM

I'm liking Manamune more and more. It's fairly easy to charge it up to 1,000 mana, and once you do both the AD and active are great on a Hurricane build. I'm also starting to feel like Nashor's is almost required so I can keep my E up. This is kind of a shame because while its stats are okay for this build, I feel like I'd rather have a Rage blade or Wit's end or something. There just aren't a whole lot of other cdr items I would want to get on Kayle, not this build at least.

Sokolniki 12-08-2012 10:34 PM

I've been tinkering with Jungle Kayle with AS heavy Builds.

3 items that frequently came up for me when it came to CDR were Nashor's, Black Cleaver and Zephyr. Black Cleaver is an overall solid item for her in most builds and would give an On-hit Hurricane Kayle significant utility in a team fight. The other two are AS items, but not "on hit" items themselves. Nashor's is the cheaper of the two and is better for Sustain. It gives her Q 65 more damage and her AoE 24 more damage. 50%AS for both, and 10CDR advantage for both, right? Not quite. Zephyr comes with move speed and that Tenacity... both major stats... but along with that tenacity comes the lack of need for Mercury Treads... so technically, Zephyr could be worth an additional 20% AS or 15% CDR... Zephyr, Ionia Boots and TBC is 35% CDR.. leaving what? A 0.4 gap inyour E duration vs cooldown?

Habber Dasher 12-09-2012 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sokolniki (Hozzászólás 32240314)
I've been tinkering with Jungle Kayle with AS heavy Builds.

3 items that frequently came up for me when it came to CDR were Nashor's, Black Cleaver and Zephyr. Black Cleaver is an overall solid item for her in most builds and would give an On-hit Hurricane Kayle significant utility in a team fight. The other two are AS items, but not "on hit" items themselves. Nashor's is the cheaper of the two and is better for Sustain. It gives her Q 65 more damage and her AoE 24 more damage. 50%AS for both, and 10CDR advantage for both, right? Not quite. Zephyr comes with move speed and that Tenacity... both major stats... but along with that tenacity comes the lack of need for Mercury Treads... so technically, Zephyr could be worth an additional 20% AS or 15% CDR... Zephyr, Ionia Boots and TBC is 35% CDR.. leaving what? A 0.4 gap inyour E duration vs cooldown?

Hmm. This build gives allot of cdr, utility through BC, and mobility with Zephyr. On the other hand its allot of gold for not a ton of damage.

doombotMECHA 12-09-2012 02:20 PM

also, runaan's applies kayle's aoe on every projectile, meaning that a shyvana/tiamat effect is produced. it's pretty cool looking, even if it doesn't do much damage