League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Even though Rengar has been frustrating to deal with... (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2875382)

Flaming June 12-07-2012 01:30 AM

Even though Rengar has been frustrating to deal with...

The PBE change to his ultimate just feels... wrong. I don't even play the champion (yet) and I'm historically very short tempered when it comes to champions that ****stomp without a resource to their name...

But I'll never forget the first time I went up against a buffed Rengar. A team fight was breaking out and he jumped in with his passive from a brush. He had been doing well all game so we wanted to kill him right quick.

But then he ulted, all I heard was that low growl of his when he goes "Fooocuuusss"

It was terrifying. He promptly butt****ed my carry.

It was at that moment that I thought that Riot had done a great job and making this champion feel like the ultimate predator.

Sure, he was annoying as hell, as almost every manaless champion is in lane, only made worse by his free built in sustain and tons of damage.

I hope that proposed change doesn't go through and they can find a different way, maybe one that encourages Rengar to use the ultimate offensively more instead of defensively for easy escapes.

Steamcario 12-07-2012 01:49 AM

the ultimate change is fine IMO.

the W change is just horrible. just going completely over the top on the numbers. I'm fairly certain he won't be able to jungle and he won't be able to win trades against anyone in top.... so I don't know how he's going to see use.

IS1778a6c38200c7799c788 12-07-2012 01:56 AM

The small glimmer of hope I still keep regarding Rengar is the fact that the recomended items for him are aimed for the jungler role, which seems to imply Riot sees him as a jungler. What I hope is they are nerfing it away from solo top with the intention to retool him to work as a jungler in the future.

DeciEVE or AFK 12-07-2012 02:00 AM

They're shifting his ult from one of the best escapes in the game to a more aggressive playstyle.

I think its a great move - a champion as survivable and tanky as he is has no right having a Shaco deceive, and it forces him to have to use it to initiate rather than it being a 'lawl I press a button and run away" that most rengar's use it as now. I rarely see rengar's use it for initation, and they just save it and run away with it.

For an ultimate predator, he needs to not have such a cowardly move. He'll still be fine after this goes through, his kit's too strong to have this seriously affect his viability.

Steamcario 12-07-2012 02:03 AM

honestly though, I don't see what's so bad if he's blowing an ultimate to escape.

like hecarim ult for example, earlier in the game plenty of hecarims will use it to escape.

but the W nerf is just rediculous... rengar already had a hard time in jungle with it being stronger but now that his heal got nerfed... dunno if he even CAN jungle.

and in lane, I can't see him beating anyone decent anymore. I think they just decided they got enough sales off of him and it's time to nerf him into obscurity.

ToteTwoTechs 12-07-2012 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeciEVE or AFK (Hozzászólás 32172927)
They're shifting his ult from one of the best escapes in the game to a more aggressive playstyle.

I think its a great move - a champion as survivable and tanky as he is has no right having a Shaco deceive, and it forces him to have to use it to initiate rather than it being a 'lawl I press a button and run away" that most rengar's use it as now. I rarely see rengar's use it for initation, and they just save it and run away with it.

For an ultimate predator, he needs to not have such a cowardly move. He'll still be fine after this goes through, his kit's too strong to have this seriously affect his viability.

Rengar shouldnt even be a tank, he is a hunter. HES SUPPOSE TO KILL STUFF, if your nerfing his w then give me back his q damage so I can do the job I was suppose to and kill squishy. Why cant they just make q scale so you dont one shot people level 1-2 but in later levels you can insta gib the carry then pce out.