League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   New Mundo Jungling (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2872148)

XxxLumberJackxxX 12-06-2012 02:38 AM

New Mundo Jungling

Ok so I'm having trouble with my mundo in the jungle, which makes me sad.

I'm currently running the same runes on him as I did last season, which is probably where I need to make my changes.
Movement speed, magic pen, max HP, MR.

Because I'm starting E now (mostly due to how low i get with W not the clear speed) I should probably switch the reds to attack speed.
However I do grab W at lvl 2 and E again at 3 (not ganking until lvl 4 anymore :(). I dont use W until lvl 3 though due to HP concerns. Then I just max Q R W E in that order.

Blues I might go for HP regen? Should I grab armor Quints? Thoughts anyone?

Masteries are 1/26/3 (improved exhaust and the movement speed).
I might yank out the move speed for the dmg to minions and monsters? Its just really tempting to have that speed boost while I'm running in to gank.

Start with hatchet+pots obv.
First back I need to buy cloth armor and pots so my 3rd back doesn't have to be any time soon.
Then I pick up boots and upgrade the hatchet which eventually goes into the spirit stone that builds off giant belt.
I tried madreds->lantern but I just didn't like it. Helps with clear time and some sustain from armor but it felt really useless late. Like irregularly useless.

Ninja Tabi (or mercs are fine, but ninja tabi helps me in jungle early). With the movement speed buff that comes from slowing an enemy.
Spirit stone into HP spirit stone. yea wasted money on mana, lame.
Spirit Visage.
HAUNTING GUISE. The new haunting guise upgrade has really great passives for Mundo, Extra dmg from his Q and W, plus extra dmg for both in the form of AP and Penetration, YES PLEASE.
Warmogs Obv.

When money allows it I grab the vision wards doodad and oracles of course.

Although early game super sucks now for all junglers its BAD for mundo in particular because
1- He has minimal sustain in the jungle because his abilities cost HP and force him to get super low
2-If he buys an early oracles to counteract all the free wards then he can't buy an HP gem :(.
3-All the cheap HP regen items have mana on them. Wasted g but there is literally nothing better....

That being said he is definitely still viable, just not quite so hulklike.

Warrrrax 12-06-2012 06:58 AM

Your setup is a bit unconventional for S2. You have no armor runes?? thats no good. You NEED yellow flat armor runes, period.

Magic pen runes are a waste. Doesnt help vs creeps and only affects Cleaver and your aura, both of which fall off after midgame. Attack speed reds will help significantly.

Movespeed quints are probably a good idea. Defense is likely a good plan too.

For mundo, cloth+5 might still wind up being a better bet than machette. It would be wise to try it out since much of mundos clear dmg comes from his aura.

Soo, you MUST get aura first. its just too much DPS to pass up.

XxxLumberJackxxX 12-06-2012 10:05 AM

In the new jungle I think youre right about needing flat armor. I disagree in regards to last season. I could clear my own jungle with no leash with no issues and I never felt like I couldnt tank damage unless I rushed boots of mobility and oracles, and then you just had to concentrate on counter jungling and ward clearing until you bought giants belt.

Ummm why are you saying that magic pen doesn't help when it's possible to go below 0 MR and that I should still be starting with the aura? *does not compute*

TehJackAttack 12-06-2012 10:09 AM

Magic pen will not reduce MR below 0. Only *reduction* can reduce MR below 0. Examples are Abyssal Sceptre, Soraka's Starcall, amumu headbutt, etc.

Uncanny Doom 12-06-2012 12:28 PM

You need more armor. Mundo doesn't need machete to clear, he can clear fine with cloth+5 pots starting W first, and having armor quints and seals helps. I would say try cloth 5 first, and if that's not clearing fast enough (he can clear at around 3:15 with no pull) then you need to look at your runes and/or possibly masteries. I go 9-21-0 on Mundo. I feel like 21 in defense is key for jungling right now.

상자상자상자 12-06-2012 04:15 PM

Start Cloth 5, using armor yellows, MR/level blues, HP or MS quints, and mpen reds.

MPen reds will help you clear with your W a lot.

XxxLumberJackxxX 12-07-2012 10:57 AM

You can also jungle with 21 in utility on champs with good sustain (olaf)

MrBunzy 12-09-2012 02:02 PM

I don't understand why people say mpen on Mundo is a good thing. All the jungle creeps have 0 mr, so the mpen won't do anything for his clear time.

XxxLumberJackxxX 12-09-2012 09:31 PM

How about bc doing 20% of your opponents HP with one cleaver is OP?

Diatain 12-09-2012 10:34 PM

I've always maxed cleaver last since the damage scales decently, but the slow doesn't. The steroid and aura are too good, especially early and mid game. Maxing cleaver last lets you get the early and mid game power you need, while maxing your cleaver late game when you need it most.

Also, always ran ArP reds, MS quints, flat armor yellows, and MR/lvl blues.