League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Safe Mid Picks (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2829395)

Shadogi 11-22-2012 05:02 PM

Safe Mid Picks

I'm finding that trading champs during select is often a problem if people aren't totally engaged the in the process, so I need a mid champ that is a safe pick against most other opponents. Currently I just change roles, but many people don't like doing this. I'm looking for someone that doesn't really have any hard counters.

Thanks!

adc 11-22-2012 06:02 PM

People who can do well regardless. Anivia and Orianna are two good examples. I think Scarra believes Diana is one of those, too.

EyeHearShapes 11-22-2012 07:03 PM

Viktor is the safest mid pick. You might not win game with him, but being able to farm ffrom long range with laser allows u to rarely have to push past middle. He had no real hard counter , but champs with good range can cause problems.

SasoriSand 11-26-2012 06:45 AM

If your talking about trading then a lot of people tend to pick Katarina, Ryze and Malzahar

If your talking about safe picks mid IN GENERAL then utility ones are always safe as even if you do bad, you will still help your team with your utility.

Examples: Morgana, Kennen, Orianna, Anivia

D4 Gu1t4r 11-26-2012 07:05 AM

Galio. He's a general AP counter, his abilities support the team.

Grollm 11-26-2012 07:13 AM

I would go Anivia, Morgana, Ryze. Also, even if you get "countered" it doesn't necessarily mean you are going to lose the lane. Just because another champ has a skillset that works better against you, doesn't mean they auto-win the lane, it's up to the other player to use that skill set to their best ability. Perfect example I was playing Ryze mid and I had a Fizz that locked in after me. Ryze supposedly "counters"Fizz, but this Fizz wiped the floor with me. It all boils down to how good you are at the champ you are playing and how good your opponent is. Don't worry about counters and counterpicking, just pick the champ you are best with for that role.

foxfire100 11-26-2012 07:36 AM

"Safe" picks in any lane is nearly impossible since everyone has counters and if the opponent is good you'll lose regardless.

I usually pick Katarina as my "safe pick" simply because a lot of people don't know how to play against her and don't know what counters her. Diana? Beat her 5 times, never lost. Syndra? Beat her twice, never lost. Malzahar? Beat him 3 times, never lost. Kassadin? Beat him twice, lost once. But even as Katarina there are some champs that are extremely difficult for me: Nunu can consume off any dagger harass and his ice balls hurt WAY too much and have the same range as pretty much all of my abilities. Galio just builds magic resist and gets damage so I can't hurt him.

I would honestly say the "safest" mid pick for you is whoever you play best. You can take Anivia or Ryze since they're considered safe, but if you aren't good with them you'll lose, anyway. If you're thinking about spending 2 weeks practicing a "safe" pick so that you can get good with them, I'd look into anti-assassins: Fizz and Heimerdinger come to mind. I don't know who else off the top of my head is labeled anti-assassin.

Grollm 11-26-2012 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foxfire100 (Hozzászólás 31827360)
"Safe" picks in any lane is nearly impossible since everyone has counters and if the opponent is good you'll lose regardless.

I usually pick Katarina as my "safe pick" simply because a lot of people don't know how to play against her and don't know what counters her. Diana? Beat her 5 times, never lost. Syndra? Beat her twice, never lost. Malzahar? Beat him 3 times, never lost. Kassadin? Beat him twice, lost once. But even as Katarina there are some champs that are extremely difficult for me: Nunu can consume off any dagger harass and his ice balls hurt WAY too much and have the same range as pretty much all of my abilities. Galio just builds magic resist and gets damage so I can't hurt him.

I would honestly say the "safest" mid pick for you is whoever you play best. You can take Anivia or Ryze since they're considered safe, but if you aren't good with them you'll lose, anyway. If you're thinking about spending 2 weeks practicing a "safe" pick so that you can get good with them, I'd look into anti-assassins: Fizz and Heimerdinger come to mind. I don't know who else off the top of my head is labeled anti-assassin.

Take what this guy says with a grain of salt. Coming from the person who is playing AP Soraka and AP Sona in ranked. I hope you were going mid those games and not supporting bot and taking that much cs.

foxfire100 11-26-2012 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grollm (Hozzászólás 31827573)
Take what this guy says with a grain of salt. Coming from the person who is playing AP Soraka and AP Sona in ranked. I hope you were going mid those games and not supporting bot and taking that much cs.

The AP Soraka game we had a troll last pick who, when we needed a mid, took Shaco and didn't say a word. He then went bottom despite the fact I had chosen a support and continued to not say a word. I went mid as damage control and actually managed to win my lane and help us win the game.

The AP Sona game I don't remember off the top of my head. It may have been a late-game build, or I may have been trying to make up for a lack of damage from a bad AD carry. Either way, I won the game.

In any case, since when do we judge the value of a person's knowledge on their match history? You can see the logic in a post whether someone has skill or not. Are you implying engineers shouldn't be trusted when they tell you how to build an airplane since they aren't professional pilots?

Grollm 11-26-2012 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foxfire100 (Hozzászólás 31827749)
The AP Soraka game we had a troll last pick who, when we needed a mid, took Shaco and didn't say a word. He then went bottom despite the fact I had chosen a support and continued to not say a word. I went mid as damage control and actually managed to win my lane and help us win the game.

The AP Sona game I don't remember off the top of my head. It may have been a late-game build, or I may have been trying to make up for a lack of damage from a bad AD carry. Either way, I won the game.

In any case, since when do we judge the value of a person's knowledge on their match history? You can see the logic in a post whether someone has skill or not. Are you implying engineers shouldn't be trusted when they tell you how to build an airplane since they aren't professional pilots?

Because being a pilot has everything to do with building the plane...