League of Legends Community
12345 ... 6

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   What is smartcast? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=282027)

CALL ME BOBE 10-07-2010 07:42 PM

What is smartcast?

People are talking about how smartcast is the most efficient way to utilize your champions skills. What exactly are they talking about?

Dillon Francis 10-07-2010 07:45 PM

yep i fail -1 me =D

AbyssalTerror 10-07-2010 07:48 PM

It's a way of casting spells by hovering your mouse using keyboard controls.

HawksGoCAW 10-07-2010 07:51 PM

Alt+Key rather than
Key+Click

DarkenDragon 10-07-2010 07:55 PM

its in your control systems, when your in the game, click the cog button and in there you can turn on or off your smart casting,

when you press the hotkey for a spell (q,w,e,r,d,f depending on if your using default), the spell will be instantly casted depending on where your cursor is, this is more quicker since you dont have to worry about clicking after you press the hot key

the downside to this is that you must make sure you know where your cursor is at all times and make sure you have it down where ever you plan to cast your spell

KobeBrapist 10-07-2010 08:45 PM

Alt + Q,W,E,R

Auto self cast. You have a heal? A shield? Something? Hold Alt, hit the key, and it automatically casts it on you.

Shift + Q,W,E,R

Smart cast. It will cast the ability at the nearest enemy target.

You're Mordekaiser and the cat jumped on your lap! You look away for a second and find yourself in a team fight. OHH NOES!

First step, hold shift and hit E, Q. You've siphoned something near you and lined up mace. Immediately hold alt and hit W to get Creeping Death floating up. Now hit the space bar and find out where the hell you are in the fray.

That's the basics of smart casting and auto self casting.

malphismia 10-07-2010 09:34 PM

Quote:

You sure? I thought it casts over your cursor.

Supreme1337 10-08-2010 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KobeBrapist (Hozzászólás 3325782)
Alt + Q,W,E,R

Auto self cast. You have a heal? A shield? Something? Hold Alt, hit the key, and it automatically casts it on you.

Shift + Q,W,E,R

You're Mordekaiser and the cat jumped on your lap! You look away for a second and find yourself in a team fight. OHH NOES!

First step, hold shift and hit E, Q. You've siphoned something near you and lined up mace. Immediately hold alt and hit W to get Creeping Death floating up. Now hit the space bar and find out where the hell you are in the fray.

That's the basics of smart casting and auto self casting.

Smart casting casts your spell at your cursor location, so please don't post false info here, because that only confuses new players.

mrvertigo27 02-07-2011 10:35 AM

mmm i will have to look into using this...

Journeyboy 02-07-2011 10:39 AM

you can rebind your keys for smartcast to be qwer, I play that way and its awesome. It doesn't make you instapwn but it increases your reaction time.