League of Legends Community
1234511 ... 26

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   @Red Summoner Names (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2819027)

Crayceratops 11-19-2012 03:21 PM

@Red Summoner Names

Can a red tell me or anyone else who knows when a summoner name that isn't being used will be available?

I'd like to change the summoner name on one of my other accounts but the name is unavailable. Looking up the name that individual is only level 5, has 2 wins, and hasn't played in a year. Any way I can talk to someone about taking that summoner name?

Fvck Raise 11-19-2012 03:22 PM

They do it once a year or so. I contacted support about the same thing, the name I want is taken by a level 5 that hasn't played a game in over a year. Basically just told me to wait until they clear inactive names. Idk when the next time they do that will be though.

Crayceratops 11-19-2012 07:19 PM

Thanks, hopefully just a couple weeks then.

Hippalus 11-21-2012 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinobot (Hozzászólás 31612872)
Can a red tell me or anyone else who knows when a summoner name that isn't being used will be available?

I'd like to change the summoner name on one of my other accounts but the name is unavailable. Looking up the name that individual is only level 5, has 2 wins, and hasn't played in a year. Any way I can talk to someone about taking that summoner name?

The Summoner Name Change cleanup and sale will be announced next week and will be live in mid December. We were hoping to get it done this week, but there are a lot of names, and some added complexity compared to last year.

All accounts which are level 5 or below and have not played a game in 2012 will lose their summoner name, and all Summoner Name Changes will be available for purchase in the store at 50% off. I'd like to do more of these cleanups in 2013 with different criteria, so if you have an opinion on why more (or fewer) accounts should lose their name next time, feel free to post it here.

The old accounts can be reactivated in the future, but they will have to pick a new name.

DeafCatMoan 11-21-2012 12:33 PM

Wonder what else Hippalus has planned for the near, near, near future.

Autorevolver 11-21-2012 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hippalus (Hozzászólás 31679507)
The Summoner Name Change cleanup and sale will be announced next week and will be live in mid December. We were hoping to get it done this week, but there are a lot of names, and some added complexity compared to last year.

All accounts which are level 5 or below and have not played a game in 2012 will lose their summoner name, and all Summoner Name Changes will be available for purchase in the store at 50% off. I'd like to do more of these cleanups in 2013 with different criteria, so if you have an opinion on why more (or fewer) accounts should lose their name next time, feel free to post it here.

The old accounts can be reactivated in the future, but they will have to pick a new name.

The name I want it level 6 and has only has 6 wins. Is there ANY HOPE FOR ME?

Hippalus 11-21-2012 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hot Revolvers (Hozzászólás 31679721)
The name I want it level 6 and has only has 6 wins. Is there ANY HOPE FOR ME?

There is hope for you, but just not this year. I'd like to move up the level limit next year, especially on accounts that haven't played in a very long time, but this batch of names is already pretty big so we decided to cut it off at level 5.

Grim Reaper 11-21-2012 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hippalus (Hozzászólás 31679507)

Just getting a bit of clarification, but a level 3 account that has a game played in july of this year would not have its name cleared, right?

Hippalus 11-21-2012 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeafCatMoan (Hozzászólás 31679651)
Wonder what else Hippalus has planned for the near, near, near future.

As I scan through the forums, I'm seeing a lot of interest in a Black Friday sale. Unfortunately nothing special is planned for that day and there is no time to put something together by Friday. We've been busy working on other things for Snowdown Showdown and Season 3.

We'll make up for it by planning a big sale event in January. Post here what you would want to see on sale in that event, and we'll pick from the ideas that get the most upvotes.

EDIT #2 - I'll make a new thread for this on Black Friday. Let's keep this thread about Summoner Name Changes

Hippalus 11-21-2012 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grim Reaper (Hozzászólás 31680129)
Just getting a bit of clarification, but a level 3 account that has a game played in july of this year would not have its name cleared, right?

That is correct - not this time. But if no more games are played, we'll probably clear that one during the next cleanup during the first half of 2013.