League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Let's discuss real Dominion specific items (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2812708)

Mindllapse 11-17-2012 06:59 PM

Let's discuss real Dominion specific items

by real Dominion specific items, I mean items that really specifically interact with the mechanics of the map, which I feel there are none of -- nor are any planned to be implemented

example mechanics:

Passive: Health shrines are 15% more effective

Passive: If you lose nexus points when you die, instead you lose one less nexus point from each death.

Passive: Kills that cause your opponent to lose nexus points will instead cause them to lose one extra nexus point from each of your kills

Passive: Speed shrines grant you 10 bonus attack damage and 15 bonus ability power

Active: Interrupt all champions who are capturing a point in a targeted radius area, and silence them for 3 seconds (long cd, 2 minutes or greater)

Active: Turns the nearest health shrine within 900 yards to be poisonous to any enemy champions that pick it up within the next 15 seconds, dealing damage over time and slowing for 15% (medium cd, 1 to 1.5 minutes or greater)

Active: Nearest capture point will be put into a state of neutrality for 3 seconds. It will be unable to attack, unable to be captured, unable to generate or prevent nexus damage, and reveal all nearby stealthed units for both teams (long cd, 2 minutes or greater).

ElevenOfClubs 11-18-2012 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mindllapse (Hozzászólás 31547781)
by real Dominion specific items, I mean items that really specifically interact with the mechanics of the map, which I feel there are none of -- nor are any planned to be implemented

example mechanics:

Passive: Health shrines are 15% more effective

Active: Interrupt all champions who are capturing a point in a targeted radius area, and silence them for 3 seconds (long cd, 2 minutes or greater)

These are actually really cool. I could see making them part of my standard build for bot lane champs, particularly ones with poor ranged or AoE disruption.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mindllapse (Hozzászólás 31547781)

Passive: If you lose nexus points when you die, instead you lose one less nexus point from each death.

Passive: Kills that cause your opponent to lose nexus points will instead cause them to lose one extra nexus point from each of your kills

Active: Turns the nearest health shrine within 900 yards to be poisonous to any enemy champions that pick it up within the next 15 seconds, dealing damage over time and slowing for 15% (medium cd, 1 to 1.5 minutes or greater)

Active: Nearest capture point will be put into a state of neutrality for 3 seconds. It will be unable to attack, unable to be captured, unable to generate or prevent nexus damage, and reveal all nearby stealthed units for both teams (long cd, 2 minutes or greater).

The first two are probably impossible to make worth it. If you have these passives, you have to have less stats, which means that if the game is at all close, you will be gimped late by having them.

The last two are broken and/or unfun. 1 item should not completely reverse one of the core aspects of the map. The later is significantly stronger than offensive garison (albiet for a shorter duration) which has a 3 and half minute CD.

Phourc 11-18-2012 09:26 PM

Keep in mind what we learned from priscillas: changing the game mechanics based on an item makes people spend 2k gold on nothing but hp5 xP