League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Twisted Treeline (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Looking for a general guide to starting TT. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2812089)

Travosaga 11-17-2012 03:03 PM

Looking for a general guide to starting TT.

My friend and I are looking to get started in Twisted Treeline, but neither of us has done anything but 5v5. I was hoping somebody could give me some general tips or point me in the direction of a guide that would talk about things such as roles, good and poor champion picks, and strategy. Apparently some champions that generally perform well in SR do very poorly here and vice versa and we have no idea where to begin. Any help would be appreciated.

Rumination 11-17-2012 04:09 PM

General tips for this map are as follows:
1: AD-carries are generally meant to be avoided unless you really know that you're doing and your team is built around linebacking the ADC.

2: Mage Tanks can be 1-man demo teams. Singed, Rumble, and even a well-played Maokai can ruin your day. I wouldn't necessarily first pick/ban Maokai, but Singed and Rumble are two really mean customers.

3: There's debate over whether or not Darius is game-breaking on the TT. Personally, I can rip his face off as Fiora so he doesn't bother me, but that's just my opinion. He IS a strong pick, that's certain.

4: Often it's best to construct your team one of the following ways:
Archetype 1 = AP Carry + AD Bruiser x2

Archetype 2 = Mage Tank + High-damage Bruiser (Jayce, Jax, Xin Zhao, etc.) + high-cc Tank (Alistar, J4, Blitz, Maokai, etc.)

Archetype 3 = Double AP (Any combination of Singed, Rumble, Kennen, Morgana, Brand, Annie) + one standard Tanky Dps AD Bruiser.

Archetype 4 = AD carry (Vayne, Tristana, Ezreal, Corki) <- listed in order of most effective to least effective IMO. + 2 high-cc Tanks. Any of the other ADCs are not really worth playing. Graves, Ashe, Varus, Kog'Maw etc. just do not cut it on account of how slow and immobile they are. Ashe seems good on paper because she can kite, but trust me, the moment you make one mistake and need a long-range reposition, **** goes sideways. (You can't always count on Flash being off CD.)

Whether or not you run a Jungler is up to you. For my part, I feel the jungle is not worth having a dedicated jungler in on account of the fact that it's too small and it's too easy to counter-jungle with a gank-heavy team. However, a lot of other high-elo people disagree with me, so you'll have to make your own decision on that. I hope this has helped.

One last thing, Janna, Lulu, Cassiopeia, and Anivia are hardly ever picked/banned on TT, and they are absolute monsters on this map, if played correctly. Again, that's just my opinion.

AndersMMO 11-17-2012 04:35 PM

this technically isn't released yet but here's the general guide section of the TT-only fan site I'll be releasing in the next few days. (at the end of that page is the link to the next, and there's 6 total.

EDIT: constantly being updated, adding a 7th guide page on team compositions in the next hour.
EDITEDIT: up.

Darkness3691 11-17-2012 05:26 PM

What i have figured out that in this new treeline.

1) The altars are a must have at least one at all times.
2) Any champ that stuns, or holds are a must have. Very Over powered!
3) I play mostly AP champs, but i also have around 15 kills per match as long as there are no leavers.
4) I have been playing Annie a lot and her burst damage can kill most champs with her three spells if played right and if you stun with tibbers, fire then more fire. most champs can only watch and die. or if you want, just wait a little in a team battle,because most people will group up, then when they are in a tight little ball around your teammates just stun then flame wave or tibbers then use the other spell, then pick which one too take out by how much they are supporting the team. Of couse this is not a set plan of attack and not it wont work every time. but this is not a annie run down. But if you have champs that stun will really ruin most peoples days!