League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Vayne tips(I need help) (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2809076)

I Drive A TARDIS 11-16-2012 07:40 PM

Vayne tips(I need help)

I really like Vayne but I get absolutely trashed during my early game. I never seem to have as much damage as my opposing carry/support. Even with correct mastery and runes.

I run the standard 21/9/0 with armor seals, armor pen marks, attack quints, and mr/level glyphs.

I take tumble at level 1, condemn at 2 and silver bolts at 3, max tumble then max silver bolts. I try to stay behind my support and attack the enemy that they jump on. Usually they focus the carry. Even with my support and I jumping on the enemy carry we either get killed or the enemy out trades us. I usually tumble in(making sure I'm still behind my support), auto attack, condemn them into the wall for a stun, auto attack, then try to get that 3rd auto for the silver bolts to take effect. If it is any longer than this, i repeat my process of tumble, AA, condemn for stun, AA. I make sure that the condemn does not out them out of range of either me or my support.

For my build path i start boots 3, pick up 2 dorans blades, vamp scepter, get an IE then PD or if I'm losing lane I get PD then IE since I can get my silver bolts to take effect quicker for more damage.Then I pick up a Bloodthirster followed by a Last Whisper. I usually end up behind in levels even if I play defensively. They end up zoning me. I would appreciate any and all tips on how to play Vayne. Thank you for your time.

GenghisKlown 11-16-2012 08:22 PM

First, you should know that I've never played Vayne, BUT I watch tons of stream, and Vayne is NEVER defensive. You should look at a doublelift Vayne game, he's always tumbling to hit and to make them miss cs. Also, he always buy PD even if he's winning, probably because it fits well with the champion's passive. Finally, maybe the error is in your support. Not all supports can play with Vayne.

P.S. : A lot of pros switch top and bot lane when they have vayne, because she is not too good at the beginning of the game.

I Drive A TARDIS 11-16-2012 09:09 PM

okay thanks :D I will check doublelifts vayne out. But I'm pretty sure the problem is on my end :(

Mamie Jeadows 11-16-2012 10:15 PM

Vayne early game is amazing if you can land your condemns, position yourself to land them more often and stay in brush to suprise your enemy, also get your support to ward the bush(s) that they are mostly in so you can do it on that. (Even if you can see them without a ward, once you've stunned you won't be able to attack them anymore since they are in the brush.)

Max your q first if you arn't verygood at condemns.
Max your e first if your condemns are good, it does more damage against a wall + autoattacks during stun that a 50% atk boost.
Max your e last.
Always get your ulti whenever you can and dont be afraid to use it when escaping, chasing and in teamfights.

Voli-Vayne ftw!
Voli Q's
Vayne Q's into an E
Voli E's after the stun
Lane won. :)

iTouchMyselfToo 11-17-2012 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GenghisKlown (Hozzászólás 31515061)
First, you should know that I've never played Vayne, BUT I watch tons of stream, and Vayne is NEVER defensive. You should look at a doublelift Vayne game, he's always tumbling to hit and to make them miss cs. Also, he always buy PD even if he's winning, probably because it fits well with the champion's passive. Finally, maybe the error is in your support. Not all supports can play with Vayne.

P.S. : A lot of pros switch top and bot lane when they have vayne, because she is not too good at the beginning of the game.

Doublelift doesnt buy PD first, just saying. Pretty sure no one in the competitive play does that except for TPA
As for playing Vayne, you're best at farming until lv6 or 9 because at that time you'll have your utli and maxed tumble. You can go in for kills if you think it's safe because vayne will usually come out in the end (If they arent out farming you or have a kill). You will lose match ups at the start of the game if you're versus ADs who out ranged you or have burst. If you're not good at the early game yet then try and ask your support player to go someone with sustain.

For end game just hit whatever you can, if you see someone on low hp in a team battle do NOT tumble after him. Just hit whatever you can and kite.
I dont usually go fo IE because it costs 800 more, that 800 gold could be used to buy a Qss.
Qss if they have a lot of cc
GA if they're diving you.

GenghisKlown 11-17-2012 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iTouchMyselfToo (Hozzászólás 31524267)
Doublelift doesnt buy PD first, just saying. Pretty sure no one in the competitive play does that except for TPA
As for playing Vayne, you're best at farming until lv6 or 9 because at that time you'll have your utli and maxed tumble. You can go in for kills if you think it's safe because vayne will usually come out in the end (If they arent out farming you or have a kill). You will lose match ups at the start of the game if you're versus ADs who out ranged you or have burst. If you're not good at the early game yet then try and ask your support player to go someone with sustain.

For end game just hit whatever you can, if you see someone on low hp in a team battle do NOT tumble after him. Just hit whatever you can and kite.
I dont usually go fo IE because it costs 800 more, that 800 gold could be used to buy a Qss.
Qss if they have a lot of cc
GA if they're diving you.

True dat. Build boots 3p, 2 dorans, vamp, BT, IE, PD, and after it depends on the match up

MuhGeeSher 11-17-2012 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GenghisKlown (Hozzászólás 31540517)
True dat. Build boots 3p, 2 dorans, vamp, BT, IE, PD, and after it depends on the match up

IE after BT? wouldn't it be wise to get PD, or at least Zeal. after BT :L cause you have barely have any attack speed pre-Phantom besides Berserkers, that is if you purchase it. lol.

GenghisKlown 11-17-2012 06:21 PM

BIG SRY, I wanted to say PD before IE, but I just failed... I think I'll just go to this corner *facepalm*

acosn 11-17-2012 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GenghisKlown (Hozzászólás 31548525)
BIG SRY, I wanted to say PD before IE, but I just failed... I think I'll just go to this corner *facepalm*

There's no good reason to finish out PD before you finish out an IE.

There's also no good reason to rigidly finish IE and BT before your first major AS item, especially with them re-tuning AS per gold values.

When you buy IE and BT depends entirely on how capable your team is of peeling guys off you. IE is, mathematically speaking, the single most valuable DPS item in the game for Vayne. Bottom line. BT only becomes relevant when survivability does as well.

Which is to say, generally you buy IE when you're stomping, and buy BT when you're breaking even.