League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Ranked (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2808752)

1Y 2M 20D 11-16-2012 06:13 PM

Ranked

will there be domion ranked?

Aetherion1234567 11-16-2012 08:01 PM

Just out of curiosity, how long have you been around the Dominion forums? I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just curious, because we already have too many threads about this very desire that the community has for ranked. Also, if you have just recently started playing Dominion, let me be the first to say, "welcome."

Short answer to your question: there is a decent chance Dominion will receive ranked in the future, but it may take a while because it seems Riot first wants to grow the playerbase before flipping that ranked switch. Still, the lack of a ranked mode should never discourage you or anyone else from playing the game mode you enjoy.

Phourc 11-16-2012 08:09 PM

We're just 2pro4ranked.

'>_>

<_<

WaterD103 11-16-2012 08:10 PM

Quote:

Still, the lack of a ranked mode should never discourage you or anyone else from playing the game mode you enjoy.
Downvote for bad claim.

Aetherion1234567 11-16-2012 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WaterD103 (Hozzászólás 31514718)
Downvote for bad claim.

First off, I was talking on an individual level (and I fully realize that the lack of ranked has larger ramifications for the health of the game mode as a whole, but again, that's not the point I was trying to make). Secondly, if the lack of ranked prevents you from enjoying this mode at all, then perhaps you don't get as much enjoyment playing Dominion as you think you do. Thirdly, you clearly don't understand the purpose of the downvote button, so I advise you to stop downvoting posts until you can distinguish between an inappropriate/disruptive post and a post you simply disagree with. Lastly, the majority of your posts that I have seen (especially as of late) have been overly negative, so might I suggest trying to focus your frustration in more productive ways than simply letting it out on this forum.

All that being said, I hope you have a nice day/night, as I am going to bed now.

WaterD103 11-17-2012 06:55 AM

If there is no way to compete in a game, game has no purpose to me. So I can enjoy dominion more than anything..if i can compete in it.
So, for competitive players, yes lack of ranked should discourage you from playing dominion.

Rumination 11-17-2012 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WaterD103 (Hozzászólás 31525477)
If there is no way to compete in a game, game has no purpose to me. So I can enjoy dominion more than anything..if i can compete in it.
So, for competitive players, yes lack of ranked should discourage you from playing dominion.

I'd be happy just to see my stats. I don't particularly care about my Dominion Elo, but it would be nice to actually see my KDR, Individual Champion win-rates, etc.

bierfaust 11-17-2012 02:17 PM

Nome stated that basically, until more people play DOM and stop viewing as a "muck around mode" they won't implement Ranked.

Which is ironic because the lack of Ranked is the biggest reason why this game mode isn't taken seriously.

And despite the fact that TT has Ranked, is getting heaps of attention, DOM just needs more time apparently.

Sometimes the thought process of the dev team is really quite stupid. Why deny the current player base more enjoyment at the cost of nothing, it won't hurt DOM in any possible way.