League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   WTF is with this elo stuff? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2804088)

Dane Belthound 11-15-2012 06:54 PM

WTF is with this elo stuff?

So I am attempting to actually get ranked. It claims it takes 5 games which is BS. But what I don't get is what is up with the BS elo?

I lose 42 points in ONE loss. THe next game I Win. I GET 14 ELO? REALLY?

I don't remember the discrepancy between wins and losses being so ridiculous last yet. I was told you GAIN like 30-40 elo for wins to help the good players distance themselves. I am 6-3 because 2 of my games had afks and one had a bot lane mega feed and a top laner decide she wasn't going to play with the team. Didn't speak english.

So because of AFK's I get to lose 40+ elo and when I dominate a game I get rewarded with 14. I am so confused.

ExecutionerK 11-15-2012 08:52 PM

Your elo gain is depend on your team's elo vs the enemy team's elo
The only factor other than that rule will be the amount of games you have played in ranked.

aka, the game that you won you probably have enemy with really low elo compare to your team.

Ethien02 11-15-2012 09:03 PM

me

Dane Belthound 11-16-2012 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen (Hozzászólás 31476081)
Your elo gain is depend on your team's elo vs the enemy team's elo
The only factor other than that rule will be the amount of games you have played in ranked.

aka, the game that you won you probably have enemy with really low elo compare to your team.

Then shouldn't the matchmaking system NOT MATCH MY TEAM with that team? Because it is completely unfair to me and my team. If we lose, we lose a **** ton of elo, if we win we gain ****. Just because that team had less ELO than us, doesn't mean they are incapable of beating us. There are plenty of skilled players at lower ELOs and plenty of crappy players at higher ones.

I should not see a HUGE flux in ELO gains based on enemy elo level. The matchmaker system should be matching me with teams that will keep ELO gains relatively consistent. I know last season I ended up with like 15 wins that got me 6 elo. So it would take two wins to = 1 loss. I never lost a game and only lost 6 elo.

Very frustrated wtih the inconsistency here.

Rezo 11-16-2012 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dane Belthound (Hozzászólás 31468867)
So I am attempting to actually get ranked. It claims it takes 5 games which is BS. But what I don't get is what is up with the BS elo?

I lose 42 points in ONE loss. THe next game I Win. I GET 14 ELO? REALLY?

I don't remember the discrepancy between wins and losses being so ridiculous last yet. I was told you GAIN like 30-40 elo for wins to help the good players distance themselves. I am 6-3 because 2 of my games had afks and one had a bot lane mega feed and a top laner decide she wasn't going to play with the team. Didn't speak english.

So because of AFK's I get to lose 40+ elo and when I dominate a game I get rewarded with 14. I am so confused.

That is pretty strange if you are solo. Did you DUO?

Dane Belthound 11-16-2012 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rezo (Hozzászólás 31486753)
That is pretty strange if you are solo. Did you DUO?

I did not duo good sir.

ExecutionerK 11-16-2012 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dane Belthound (Hozzászólás 31486586)
Then shouldn't the matchmaking system NOT MATCH MY TEAM with that team? Because it is completely unfair to me and my team. If we lose, we lose a **** ton of elo, if we win we gain ****. Just because that team had less ELO than us, doesn't mean they are incapable of beating us. There are plenty of skilled players at lower ELOs and plenty of crappy players at higher ones.

I should not see a HUGE flux in ELO gains based on enemy elo level. The matchmaker system should be matching me with teams that will keep ELO gains relatively consistent. I know last season I ended up with like 15 wins that got me 6 elo. So it would take two wins to = 1 loss. I never lost a game and only lost 6 elo.

Very frustrated wtih the inconsistency here.

They did what they can while trying to reduce the queue timer.

There is a reason why high elo people can wait for an hour to join a game, because the system doesn't want a game to be too crazy with imbalanced teams.

On the other hand, the chances that people with lower elo than you generally will lose way more game against higher elo, I remember some statistics had shown that the people with +200 elo will win over 90% of the game, can't find it now though.

1Y 2M 20D 11-16-2012 11:38 AM

man i hate this