League of Legends Community
12345 ... 6

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champion Feedback (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Syndra is the worst champion in the game. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2799399)

Invictrix 11-14-2012 02:51 PM

Syndra is the worst champion in the game.

Alot of people have been posting "please don't buff her riot she is secret op once people figure out how to use her."

This surprises me, because usually when a champion sucks people ask for buffs rather than deciding to wait for some great Syndra player to emerge and show everyone that yes she is a good champion.

To make this clear she isn't a good champion.

Don't take my word for it

Elementz tier placement-

bottom of tier 5 (as in the last champion you would ever wanna pick beneath even heimerdinger)

When asked what Syndra needs to be viable Elementz responded with "she might just be badly designed".

Oldman Eyebrows in his article on Reign of gaming-

"Sometimes the other team has Elise or Syndra or a bad/stupid support, and your own team looks like it wins and it will."

-Basically a Syndra on the other team means you should go ahead and play the match as you will probably win.

Invictrix why do you hate Syndra so much?

I don't hate Syndra I love her design and her aesthetic and I bought her the moment she came out. I have used her top and I have used her mid and she needs buffs. This is why it annoys me when people are trying to deny her the buffs she needs to be playable.

Yes I realize Zyra and Orianna had periods of Op. People realized Zyra was op the minute she got released and she was taking down every midlaner in the game. Morello still feels she is op and I agree with him.

Orianna has been on and off again as Riot nerfs and buffs her. Contrary to popular belief Orianna did not magically become op last tournament she had had periods of overpowered way before worlds and Riot stepped in and overnerfed her and later buffed her again.

The only way she is a decent pick is if you know your matched against a Heimerdinger as she can troll him relentlessly. Maybe if Heimerdinger wasn't the second worst champion in the game that would be a niche worth occupying.

In any other situation she is outclassed by Malzahar whose win rate, passive, and single target ultimate are all better than hers.

If you are determined to play Syndra at least play her right, so you don't gimp your team anymore than you already are.

I managed to find one good syndra player (PhoenixKami)http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=...ra-build-guide who wrote a guide while I was writing this, so go check him out if your deadset on playing her.

Anfanee 11-14-2012 03:07 PM

Syndra may still be a bit underpowered but in no way is she as terrible as she was on release. After the QOL buffs they gave her i have had no issues mid. Her play style is completely different to every other mage out there but when you do master her she is fine. Syndra is GREAT if you have good communication with a Jungle or any other gank. She has strong team fight presence. And she has some of the strongest consistent poke in mid out of all the champions. She is not a champion that you can expect to burst someone down like veiger or Brand it is much more about Poke and patients. Before you post comments on how much it lets your team down learn how her mechanics works. Ult into her E provides a full team stun. And considering her QOL buffs came right at the end of the season we will not see a change until S3.

Litoeon 11-14-2012 03:13 PM

why did you write up a new thread already?

Invictrix 11-14-2012 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Litoeon (Hozzászólás 31420344)
why did you write up a new thread already?

I am not sure what you mean.

Invictrix 11-14-2012 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anfanee (Hozzászólás 31420109)
Syndra may still be a bit underpowered but in no way is she as terrible as she was on release. After the QOL buffs they gave her i have had no issues mid. Her play style is completely different to every other mage out there but when you do master her she is fine. Syndra is GREAT if you have good communication with a Jungle or any other gank. She has strong team fight presence. And she has some of the strongest consistent poke in mid out of all the champions. She is not a champion that you can expect to burst someone down like veiger or Brand it is much more about Poke and patients. Before you post comments on how much it lets your team down learn how her mechanics works. Ult into her E provides a full team stun. And considering her QOL buffs came right at the end of the season we will not see a change until S3.

"She is not a champion that you can expect to burst someone down like veiger or Brand"

What am I supposed to use her for then?

She doesn't have a big aoe where I can say well I didn't kill anyone, but my team won the fight.

She isn't durable like Gragas, Swain, or Mordekaiser.

Her main attribute seems to be she has a team stun that isn't an ultimate. That would be great if they had given her a good ultimate.

Instead she got this wierd single target burst ability that takes forever to set up.

Every ap mid in the game has something they can do better than everyone else except for Syndra.

Everytime I look at Syndra I think when will Riot help you.

Brycerras 11-14-2012 06:40 PM

I dunno, most Syndras Ive been seeing have been support. The thing I heard consistantly was she doesnt have high enough burst or dps to be an effective mid. But this is all hear say. I havent played her personally, so I wouldnt know if she was over or under powered.

I guess if anything, considering the infrequency of seeing her, Id hazard she is probably a bit underpowered. Once agian, this is just hearsay though.

Anfanee 11-14-2012 06:40 PM

She is a poke champion, Not a burst mage. even still her Ult does good single target damage. Rage less and learn her mechanics.

TheoryoftheCrows 11-14-2012 06:51 PM

She would be a lot more consistent if: 1) the missile speed of her W (the throw) was a little faster so you don't have to be insanely close to use it effectively, and

2) the max level base CD of her Q was a little lower to actually make effective use of the width expansion at max rank on her E pre-ult usage and more than anything so that you could put more Qs down before you ult. It is a given that the damage might need to come down a little on her Q in order to compensate. I think the ability to set up a larger burst more efficiently and quickly would alleviate some of her damage issues mid and in team fights

That being said, I haven't played all that many games with her (probably only 50 or 60) but most of the time i was able to compete mid and have decent team presence. It's all about harassing with the stun to the second Q.

Anfanee 11-14-2012 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheoryoftheCrows (Hozzászólás 31428589)
She would be a lot more consistent if: 1) the missile speed of her W (the throw) was a little faster so you don't have to be insanely close to use it effectively, and

2) the max level base CD of her Q was a little lower to actually make effective use of the width expansion at max rank on her E pre-ult usage and more than anything so that you could put more Qs down before you ult. It is a given that the damage might need to come down a little on her Q in order to compensate. I think the ability to set up a larger burst more efficiently and quickly would alleviate some of her damage issues mid and in team fights

That being said, I haven't played all that many games with her (probably only 50 or 60) but most of the time i was able to compete mid and have decent team presence. It's all about harassing with the stun to the second Q.

Well said sir. 100% correct.

Beija 11-14-2012 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anfanee (Hozzászólás 31428216)
She is a poke champion, Not a burst mage. even still her Ult does good single target damage. Rage less and learn her mechanics.

If she's a poke champ(which she is not), then why does her mana pool suffer and skill costs are ridiculously high?

Why isn't her Q static like Orianna's?

Why doesn't she have built in sustain?

I swear.. people on these forums..