League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Assassins! (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2798881)

Snnow 11-14-2012 12:20 PM

Assassins!
 
Just looking to get other perspectives on favorite assassin and why!

I'll throw mine out there and see what others think.

Personally I like Khazix as my assassin of choice. His ult allows you to get into a team fight straight to the ADC with little notice until you unleash his Q on the ADC. He is very squishy though and although most the time I get the kill on the ADC, I end up dead as a door nail right after.

Any thoughts on how to be more efficient with him in late game? And please leave your opinion on best assassin and why!

adc 11-14-2012 12:30 PM

Irelia. She's a very strong top laner, and she's good throughout the game, even if she's not a true "assassin".

rajo101 11-14-2012 01:06 PM

Support Shaco. First of all, everyone thinks you are jungling, keeping them tinking that your team hasn't picked a support yet, and trying to counterpick with their jungle, allowng your jungle to counterpick that.

Second, it actually works better than many would expect. Items are very nice on shaco, don't get me wrong, but every single one of his abilities offers some form of utility. This means even if you are down in gold, with enough skill, you can make it up. Q gives you generally safe bushchecks, a nice escape, and a nice chase down. W gives you free wards that fear enemies that hit them, whic is really nice for anti-jungler warding, since the fear gives you extra time to get away. E slows enemies, which is good offesively or defensively. Mostly, I level it first for the poke, especially on squishy ADCs. And to keep mana costs down on W and Q. Finally, your ult is an excellent distraction if you can pull it off. Often the support or ADC will sacrifice themselves to kill who they think is the real Shaco. Win-win situation. You/your ADC get's the kill, it's a kill. You/your ADC don't get the kill, their support/ADC is very low on health and will probaby have to leave the lane. The only possible way this can be a waste is if they figure it out. However, their reaction to a run up attack may give you an indication o how they will react in the future. If they kite your clone, you get a better idea of their kiting capabilities. If they run, you may be able to pull off a bluff in the future, getting them to give you room and at the same time making them think that your ult is down.

Finally, I am the only Shaco support that I even know of, so every time you play it seems to the enemy almost like they are playing against a just-released character, because there is no researchable meta against Shaco support because Shaco support isn't in the meta. I am sure there is plenty you can find against Shaco jungle, but muc of that won't apply.

adc 11-14-2012 01:08 PM

Lol, shaco support. Here's how to counter shaco support:

One, don't do stupid **** and play safe (alternatively: kill him repeatedly). Two, win game because shaco is now useless.

rajo101 11-14-2012 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AD Bottom (Hozzászólás 31415933)
Lol, shaco support. Here's how to counter shaco support:

One, don't do stupid **** and play safe (alternatively: kill him repeatedly). Two, win game because shaco is now useless.

Play safe. As in get your tower pushed? sounds good to me as a shaco player. Especially if I am laning with Sivir or any good pusher.

And define "stupid." Like never go into bushes, because there is probably a box or 4 there. Don't be too far away from your turret, because Shaco can sneak up on you. Get as many ganks as you can, even though this will distract te jungler with ganks tha are easy to evade because he is spotted then feared for a few seconds. Focus the ADC down, even though summoner heal can hea him back up and you will be slowed and eventually stabbed with many of the stabbings criting.

EDIT: Oh wait, nm. You said kill Shaco repeatedly. perfect. And with your oracles you can see exactly where he is, but can't catch him because his Q is a free flash. You put plenty of dmg on, sure, but intead of buying wards, Shaco is buying health potions. Now what?

Yeah, don't do any of these stupid things and you should be fine. In fact, don't go to your lane, and you should be fine. Your just going to get your tower pushed, get no kills, but it is all worth it cause you won't get killed.

adc 11-14-2012 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajo101 (Hozzászólás 31416163)
Play safe. As in get your tower pushed? sounds good to me as a shaco player. Especially if I am laning with Sivir or any good pusher.

Obviously you don't understand how to counter a push, then. It's called autoattacking - if you're pushing hard, I can push hard back. It's easy to let the lane equalize just outside my turret and sit there while you desperately try to do something about me freefarming and you not being able to do anything.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajo101 (Hozzászólás 31416163)
And define "stupid." Like never go into bushes, because there is probably a box or 4 there. Don't be too far away from your turret, because Shaco can sneak up on you. Get as many ganks as you can, even though this will distract te jungler with ganks tha are easy to evade because he is spotted then feared for a few seconds. Focus the ADC down, even though summoner heal can hea him back up and you will be slowed and eventually stabbed with many of the stabbings criting.

Oh ****. I bought a ward, and now we know where you are! Whatever will we do? How about avoid the bush, keep it warded, and suddenly your boxes aren't scary in the slightest. Sneak up on is? Bam, bush ward. Problem solved. Get as many ganks as possible? Hell no, that wastes the jungler's time. Just let him pressure top and mid while I AFK farm just outside my turret range. Summoner heal because we poked you? Great! I've got Soraka as my support, so now we out sustain you. And if we let you hit us so many times that the slow/crits add up, we're too far out from our turret and it was our fault, not because support shaco is good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajo101 (Hozzászólás 31416163)
EDIT: Oh wait, nm. You said kill Shaco repeatedly. perfect. And with your oracles you can see exactly where he is, but can't catch him because his Q is a free flash. You put plenty of dmg on, sure, but intead of buying wards, Shaco is buying health potions. Now what?

Who ever said anything about oracles? Ward the bush, and harass him. As soon as he deceives away, switch to the AD carry - remember, it's a 2v1 now! Best part? I'm probably playing Ezreal, or Graves. They both have a free flash, too!

Oh, you're not buying wards? Great, my jungler comes and kills you because you're pushed to our turret and have no vision outside the lane. But wait, you say! There are boxes in the river, so he can't walk in! So what you're saying is you're spending all your boxes in the river so he can't gank - great. Now there are no boxes in the bush we have warded, and we're free to harass you, because we don't need to fear the boxes!

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajo101 (Hozzászólás 31416163)
Yeah, don't do any of these stupid things and you should be fine. In fact, don't go to your lane, and you should be fine. Your just going to get your tower pushed, get no kills, but it is all worth it cause you won't get killed.

Go back to 500 Elo, bro. Not to be mean, but you only have 250 wins. This means maybe 500 games played total, which isn't very much. A competent player is going to laugh at shaco support, proceed to freefarm, and win late game because it's a 4v5.

SuperKingDerp 11-14-2012 04:31 PM

My assassin of choice right now is Diana. Not a true assassin, but she has some mean ganks when jungling after she hits 6. She is more of a bruiser jungler then assassin, but she can play that role nicely to.

But for realy assassin, I would say Talon. Makes alot of mid laners want to hide in fear when he is picked.

SovietBlade 11-14-2012 09:39 PM

oh god AP shaco+blitz bot
It is officially the "not safe" bush.

on tppic: fizz

TheAppleFish 11-14-2012 09:39 PM

I gotta say my favourite champion is Kha'zix. He can be versatile, and there's a lot more depth with him on account of his backstory with Rengar that manifests in to the game as a highly situational hidden passive.

SpiffmeisterZ 11-15-2012 05:16 AM

Wow... Someone mobile with CC and power to help burst... I can't think of any people who support in the same fashion. And I didn't see a pro do it or say something about it... So without ever trying it, I'm going to say it sucks massively.

Oh, wait, I'm going to go try it and probably have it work because... I dunno... Sometimes the element of surprise is all you need? Too many times I've won or lost games because I picked Rumble mid vs Akali making for the insta lock of Riven top who our top lane countered easily... But Rumble can't mid, as I've been told countless times...

I'm sure Blitz bottom lane was totally what everyone knew for sure was his role before someone tried it. I remember my friend getting flamed endlessly when the week Zyra came out we had him play support just because he wanted to play her but nobody wanted to support.

Set the standard once in a while, it's a lot more fun than being a sheep.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:30 PM.


(c) 2008 Riot Games Inc