League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champion Feedback (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Why Syndra is still so bad (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2798451)

Apollinarius 11-14-2012 09:25 AM

Why Syndra is still so bad

I don't understand why Syndra is kept intentionally weak. Her win rate is abysmal, and it's not surprising. Her skills are weaker than their equivalent on other AP champions, while they are more difficult to use.

To top it off, there are those times when they plain don't do anything, even if the animation shows the skill firing. Watching Syndra cast her ultimate on an enemy AD carry and watching those orbs hit without the champion taking any damage is just depressing.

Syndra's Q is ok. It's not great. It has an acceptable AP ratio for a fairly high mana cost, but it is the most powerful part of her kit.

Syndra's W is an epic 1 second weak slow until she ranks it to 5 and gets 1.5 seconds. Honestly, that is the shortest slow in the game. Against opponents with tenacity, you don't even notice the slow take effect. The slow isn't particularly strong either, being on par or weaker than other slows like Galio's Q or Orianna's W. The setup required is just icing on the cake. There is no benefit for the increased complexity of the skill.

Syndra's E is the most hilarious skill ever. In theory, it provides the longest range stun in the game. In reality, it provides the most difficult to aim stun in the game on one of the longest CC cooldowns for an AP champion. The stun is nice when it hits, but because it's impossible to plan for it and it isn't very long, you can never take advantage of it.

Syndra's R is one of the most powerful single target nukes in the game. Too bad that it's unreliable (doesn't do damage at all sometimes), requires absurd setup time (I wonder if that Syndra with 4 orbs on the ground is hoping to cast her ultimate soon) and is short enough range that when Annie sees you trying to cast it, she summons Tibbers and melts you before her reliable stun wears off of you.

I have to ask: who was Syndra supposed to be strong against? When is she expected to win her lane? In which team compositions is she strong?

Right now, she loses every matchup and is generally a liability for her team.

ifap2irelia 11-14-2012 09:27 AM

agreed, she is terrible. just everything a little bit and she will kick ass. her mechanics are quite good but the numbers are just too low

Apollinarius 11-14-2012 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fluffybamf (Hozzászólás 31408714)
agreed, she is terrible. just everything a little bit and she will kick ass. her mechanics are quite good but the numbers are just too low

If her W slow duration was 2 sec extended to 3 at rank 5 and a bit of a damage buff across the board (maybe 20 base damage to W and E and 10 to Q), she'd be in a much better place.

Columboss 11-14-2012 09:44 AM

she is a really fun hero to play with, but there is no compensation for the dificulty to set her combo up. The stats should be slightly buffed.
The orb should stay longer on the ground to be able to make better use of her ult.

Thy Father 11-14-2012 10:58 AM

im pretty sure syndra is fine after playing her alot. the only thing would be what the post above me said is that her orb "existence" time should be increased or her damage per orb should increase on her ulti

Litoeon 11-14-2012 11:37 AM

She's fine where she is tbh, I've played her a hell of a lot since release ( she's now my favorite )
her kit is amazing but people just seem to be very bad....

Litoeon 11-14-2012 11:43 AM

there are a ton of differences with her....
she can cast while moving
she can cast multiple spells at the same time...
her poke in the first few levels is just amazing due to the fact she can melee and cast at the same time
her stun is extremely reliable in a team situation when she has multiple balls on the ground

max that cool down ASAP
get that mana regen up
always keep balls / minions nere at all times

Ansaa 11-14-2012 11:46 AM

Her win rate is so low because she is a high skill champ, people who can't play her perfectly lose, and lower the rate.

And she does need to be perfect to win, she needs to land her Stuns and Ws and Qs, otherwise she is just feed for the enemy.

She is better than she was before, but I hate her passive. Its useless early game and she needs to have a good early game to do better later in the game.

Litoeon 11-14-2012 11:49 AM

@Ansaa

Exactly

She turns into a small DPS god at level 9 if you maxed your Q first....That extra 15% damage along with the base increase is soooo much even against a tank

She's OP played correctly - you can say that with a lot of champions though

Riot don't touch her please

Invictrix 11-14-2012 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fluffybamf (Hozzászólás 31408714)

I think her mechanics might be the problem.

Ap carries want to get in unleash their combo and leave, but syndra is designed to stick around and set up some convoluted single target burst and team stun.

If she was tanky it wouldn't be so bad, but she is really squishy.