League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Never get Sennheiser headphones (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2798305)

MadLock 11-14-2012 08:31 AM

Never get Sennheiser headphones

I have bought Sennheiser 218 Headphones No more than a week ago. For a while they were working great. Then because the cheapness of the heaphones the wire to plug the headphones into my laptop snapped. It is insane how quickly they became ruined.

spent $40. Still waiting on the company about their returns.

MasterfulWizard 11-14-2012 08:32 AM

My razer headphones are decent

Legomasta 11-14-2012 08:33 AM

I have Sennheisers from like 12 years ago. They're completely messed up in terms of aesthetics but they still work fantastic.

Yummy Blueberry 11-14-2012 08:53 AM

I have seinheiser wireless headphones. Dropped them on concrete several times and still running strong.

Fujiou 11-14-2012 11:02 AM

Sennheiser makes nice headphones. You just purchased their super cheap shitty ones.

Hopefully they'll give you a return, but if not you can buy a headphone jack for like a buck at Radio Shack or something.

Fox P McCloud 11-14-2012 12:38 PM

(1) You purchased on the lower end of the quality scale.
(2)Cra.p happens, even to ultra high end, high quality products...sometimes defects don't manifest themselves right away.

I have HD280 Pro's (Silver Edition), they served me well for over a year, but the right channel went dead...why am I not complaining? (1)They had high quality sound and worked perfectly up to that point (2)there's a thing called a warranty that covers them for 2 years.

Try out a little bit better quality headphones from them, next time--the higher end ones have coiled wire instead of spaghetti-like strands...way more durable and less likely to snap.

sammich kek 11-14-2012 12:54 PM

My Sennheiser headphones went through the wash twice and still work fine... you just got a bad batch. This happens when you have a million(billion?) dollar business producing thousands of units a day.

From what I understand Sennheiser is one of the leading brands in airline quality headsets, they are more than just a brand name.

Postal Twinkie 11-15-2012 08:03 AM

Sennheiser makes an awesome headset, but like any other manufacturer, they are going to have a few baddies leave the facilities. They are also going to offer "lower cost" options in their products that simply aren't going to be as good as the more expensive ones.

That said, I would take a lower cost pair of Sens over many of the "gaming" headsets companies like Turtlebeach try and shove down our throats.

Quision 11-15-2012 04:07 PM

What company makes the best ~$20 headphones?

ShadowDark 11-15-2012 06:46 PM

I didn't realize Sennheiser sold anything for less than $80.