League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Help as an Ad carry (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2797695)

Artemis Enterori 11-14-2012 01:58 AM

Help as an Ad carry

Hi

I'm an average 1200 elo player and I need help with the adc role. I am usually good at it and I enjoy playing tristana and vayne a lot. Recently, I faced a problem. I was against singed and skarner... Champions with very dangerous single target CC and a movespeed higher than mine. Every single fight, one of them, if it is not the two of them, jumped on me, used their abilities and I die. I tried multiple things : wait for them to waste their CC to join the fight. It didn't work, they just did not waste it (I was pretty fed so main focus). I bought GA and a bit of survivability, was not enough. My team couldnt hold them with CC forever....

Please help me with this kind of champions. I've been unable to do damage at all...

Thanks guys!

Rezo 11-14-2012 05:14 AM

backup, if your team doesnt come with you then get out of there and come back when they are off your ass. I don't play vayne but when I am trist and I am in that situation my ideal method is to try to push them over a wall or edge with buster if that doesnt work ill settle for rocket jumping over. Skarner can be pretty difficult to get away from if hes coming out of no where with shurelyas and your team isnt helping you out. May want to consider QSS there.

terranlord 11-14-2012 05:14 AM

getting senior member. id buy a frozen mallet. singed and scarner have no gap closer, only move speed. gotta slow them. its the only way. (plus MBR for more % hp helps)

Marko10 11-14-2012 05:51 AM

Ezreal ...

WCDireWolf 11-14-2012 06:12 AM

You have to rely on your team to peel for you, otherwise you're basically in trouble.

Backing out is always an option, or hope that there's another threat they have to deal with so they might not see you right away. Positioning is always key, as you want to make them come through your entire team to get to you, hopefully being taken down before they get there. Don't be afraid to use abilities like Rocket Jump or Condemn to try to save your life.

Additionally, some tanky items are always good on the ADC, as they fold very quickly otherwise.

Artemis Enterori 11-14-2012 01:45 PM

Thank you for the answers, of course I have not bought QSS nor Frozen mallet, I will try it out. And maybe a part of it was my team. Thanks a lot, I love this forum for the fast help and nice people :)

SenStill 11-14-2012 03:44 PM

Hey! I face the same problem all the time at my elo. All you need is a QSS. If you're playing a champion with an escape, you should be able to QSS all debuffs and run to the back of your team. For Singed, just don't get caught. Stay at the back of your team, and your team will deal with him.

ADCs ARE NOT supposed to focus the enemy AD/AP. They are supposed to do as much damage as possible from the best position possible while focusing the best target possible.

tl;dr: Stay at the back of your team with a QSS or GA, and you should be fine.

WCDireWolf 11-15-2012 04:22 AM

As Vayne, I build GA, QSS and/or Banshee's Veil as her natural damage is so explosive that being able to stick around for a few more seconds ends up letting me do more than building a 5th damage item.

Brownbear 11-15-2012 05:29 AM

Against Skarner definitely build QSS. Otherwise against Singed you don't have much choice other than getting away. On Tristana use R to knock him away and AA him to death. If you're too weak to do kill him alone then you have to just run with Rocket Jump. On Vayne you just have to make sure to have flash up and also ulti/tumble around for seconds of invisibility. These two ADC's are difficult to play because of the lack of defense their team will provide them in soloque. You gotta trust your team to help you. If not then your screwed.