League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Trinity force on Caitlyn (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2797684)

EzrealPro1 11-14-2012 02:48 AM

Trinity force on Caitlyn

I tried to build Trinity force on Caitlyn while she was free.

I didn't fail even one game, and whenever I lost with it I had more kills than deaths.

It gives her everything, HP AD MP(she needs it a lot early game) AS Crit and MS because she is slow slow slow slow. Speaking of slow, the phage proc is there and extra DMG on Sheen. Sheen+Headshot is good.

Early game I focus farming and build AS boots first. Then I rush Phage-Sheen-Zeal and build Trinity. After that I finish Infinity, Bloodthrister, The Black Cleaver and I take Frozen Mallet if I need the HP or Phantom Dancer.

I want to hear your opinion or Trinity Cait.

Hotdogs 11-14-2012 05:50 AM

its ok
should play ezreal instead
rest of your build is not optimal

terranlord 11-14-2012 06:21 AM

tryn force is good on everyone. (ofc there are people who dont benifit from one ore maybe 2 things in it) It gives so many good things, you cant go wrong with that item. has nothing to do with which champ you pick. I get it on Ezreal, Jayce, Graves, Talon, Zed, Alistar, Twisted Fate, Jax, Garen, Wukong, Pantheon, Riven sometimes, Khazix, Renekton, Vayne, Gangplank, Xin Xao... yeh you get it.

Do you want to slow your enemies, while at the same time move faster? Well how about improving your attack speed and damage? Do you enjoy increased HP and Mana? Would you like to do bonus damage on auto attacks? How does better crit chance and ability power suit you? Yeh thats what I thought. Tryn Force is the item for you! and guess what it all gets compacted down and only takes up 1 item slot! why buy anything else!

Rezo 11-14-2012 06:49 AM

No it isnt.

Rules of Trinity Force are same rules as Sheen:

1. Can you take advantage of the Sheen proc? Meaning do you have the ability to use an ability any where close to every 2 seconds?

Answer for Caitlyn = not even close.

2. Can you take advantage of the ability power and extra mana?

Answer for Caitlyn = not even close.

If you answered yes to the above 2 questions congrats TF is for your champion.

If you answered yes to only question number 1 then TF may be for you depending on your champ and how well you can work that 2 second proc. Are you a bruiser? If yes then a bit more leeway is given on the proc.

If you answered yes to only question number 2 the answer no.

If you answered no to both questions the answer is hell no.

WCDireWolf 11-14-2012 07:15 AM

The problem isn't that Trinity Force is *bad* on Caitlyn. It's very hard for Trinity to be *bad* on a champion. The problem is that other items are much *better* on Caitlyn. Need more Move Speed? Phantom Dancer. Need harder hitting Attacks? Infinity Edge or Bloodthirster.

And the biggest problem on "Trinity for Everyone" is that it's extremely expensive as well, so you have to build into it, not just pick it up because you feel like it.

Zombiemaster 11-14-2012 10:21 AM

The main reason people get TF is for the Sheen procs to boost their damage output. If you can't make proper use of the Sheen procs (that is, being able to spam abilities as well as AA a lot), then you shouldn't get TF on that champion. Caitlyn can't spam any of her abilities, she uses them once and then AA for the rest of a teamfight. TF is best for Ezreal and Corki out of the ADC because Ezreal spams his Q and Corki spams his R.

MasterEvilAce 11-14-2012 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terranlord (Hozzászólás 31403123)
I get it on Ezreal, Jayce, Graves, Talon, Zed, Alistar, Twisted Fate, Jax, Garen, Wukong, Pantheon, Riven sometimes, Khazix, Renekton, Vayne, Gangplank, Xin Xao... yeh you get it.

Riven? Really? Half the stats of Trinity force are useless on Riven. I've seen this build once, and the guy went even in score. He was trying to say how it was the best thing ever. Does it work? Sure. Is it even close to the best build for the gold spent on her? Not even close.

Warrrrax 11-14-2012 11:10 AM

Great intelligent responses from everyone here.

As stated, Triforce is basically OP and good on everyone, even those that cant proc its damage very often.

But keep in mind that an Inf Edge will improve your autoattack damage, as well as your snipe and ult significantly. Same with bloodthirster. Once you have IE, get the PD for the movespeed, bigger crit, and bigger AS boost.
This gives you a very strong autoattack capability.