League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Thoughts on Zed? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2795220)

Mindllapse 11-13-2012 02:42 PM

Thoughts on Zed?

if you had to put Zed in a tier list, what tier would you put him at on a ranked solo queue tier list?

and what do you think is his best role? top, mid, jungle? I have seen videos in the PBE of people playing him in any of those roles, but from what I've seen I don't think he's viable at all of them

Graham ya its me 11-13-2012 03:09 PM

whats his ult do?
oh wait nvm it killed shaco. finkles needed to know

Mindllapse 11-13-2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graham ya its me (Hozzászólás 31378086)
whats his ult do?
oh wait nvm it killed shaco. finkles needed to know

wat

Dediguise 11-13-2012 10:18 PM

Zed can in fact perform in any of those roles. He has enough burst to make him a viable mid, combined with similar scaling as shen when it comes to natural tankiness. Obviously this comp would require an ap jungler or solo top. As a top he can out poke many champs and is decently tanky. He is very similar to darius, but with more mobility. I don't like jungling him, but he can do it very well.

Best Furry NA 11-13-2012 10:56 PM

My question: How does his role differ from Talon's?

Edit: Role/place/reason for picking him when deciding on a team comp

Gutter Runner 11-13-2012 11:59 PM

He looks like Talon, true. I think he will be usually solo top.

Phánpy 11-14-2012 02:29 AM

He's a good top, and a decent mid. I would say he has decent damage. Personally I find him a bit boring because of the few combos you can use with him, e.g low skill cap. :)

ThePurifier 11-14-2012 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMadHatter616 (Hozzászólás 31400678)
He's a good top, and a decent mid. I would say he has decent damage. Personally I find him a bit boring because of the few combos you can use with him, e.g low skill cap. :)

I disagree with just about everything you said. I believe he is an amazing mid. He has great farming skills, which if he plays mid allows him to level quickly and become fed early if played right. His shadow allows for Zed to push very hard and poke often. A person that understands how to play zed properly can make a lot of early kills and snowball very hard.

I think he has more than decent damage. i think his damage is spectacular especially early game relative to other champs, but at the same time i do not think his damaged is overpowered, but falls in line with a majority of champs late-game.

He does however, in my opinion, have a low ENTRY-level skill cap. Meaning it is easy to get the basic understanding of his abilities, but knowing how best to position your shadow prior to doing you ulti in a group of enemy champs, or knowing how to properly utilize shadows to escape, jungle, or farm properly does take time.

i think he is a very solid champ from early-game through late-game, and i will be making him my new main.

edit for clarity.

SinRG 11-14-2012 03:58 AM

+1 to what this ^ guy said.

I've played a few games with Zed now and think he has fantastic potential (if Riot don't nerf him into the ground like every single other new champ).

In just the few games I played I learned many amazing tricks this champion can perform. Yes, because of his damage you can own noobs as a noob yourself. But when it comes to team fights, the cream of the crop is easily separated when it comes to a good Zed player. Shadow positioning is key.

Jaxxex 11-14-2012 04:06 AM

He's decent in every lane. Not unique enough to be a gigantic problem.