League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Twisted Treeline (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Mental Note: When crushing the enemy team, always remember to actually win. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2794553)

Grombolar 11-13-2012 12:33 PM

Mental Note: When crushing the enemy team, always remember to actually win.
 
Just had a game where my team was destroying early.

My team: Riven(me), Sion(ap), and Zed

Enemy Team: Eve, Zed, Brand

I was 9/0 at one point. There was nothing they could do. We were killing them under tower left and right and had control of both alters for most of the game. We expected them to surrender at 15 because the score was like 15/2. They didn't.

So we kept playing and kept killing them without making any huge effort to close out the game, thinking they'd eventually give up. They didn't.

They start picking up kills here and there and start to make a comeback. Late game comes and Sion is useless, their Zed has every armor pen item and is dealing true damage, and Eve is Eve so no one can catch her. gg

So remember kids, always push those lanes and never get comfortable no matter how far ahead you are and never take alters over towers when they are both available.

FearAzrael 11-14-2012 03:08 AM

This is actually a huge flaw of mine, I tend to not take things very seriously when we get FB or get a lead and I start to let easy kills go.

Desocupado 11-14-2012 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grombolar (Hozzászólás 31369423)
They start picking up kills here and there and start to make a comeback. Late game comes and Sion is useless, their Zed has every armor pen item and is dealing true damage, and Eve is Eve so no one can catch her. gg

They bought armor, from the start you 3 should'ved gone for LW.

EndlessReign 11-14-2012 05:39 AM

I played a TT a couple days ago where I was chogath and I had a lee sin and olaf on my team and the other team was jax, fiora, and rumble. I started the game out going like 2/0/4 then I was up to 6/1/5. Then my teammates decided it was time to push the lanes solo all the way to the turrets.. what could go wrong? Well I died and lost 3 stacks and so I couldn't tank or save them as much and on top of that the enemy team was starting to bait my rupture and I couldn't land it. All because my team got overconfident and started pushing rather than farming which I desparately needed to do to get my stacks back up. I finished 7/6/10 ugh.

Zahaele 11-14-2012 06:18 AM

Your sion was stupid

If it's that late into the game and you are dominating, sell your AP items and go AD.

Lategame AD Sion is a freaking beast

Luego 11-14-2012 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zahaele (Hozzászólás 31404225)
Your sion was stupid

If it's that late into the game and you are dominating, sell your AP items and go AD.

Lategame AD Sion is a freaking beast

Horrible idea. Then you have AD Sion, Riven, and Zed. They pick up armor, and win a single teamfight, and push for the game. AP Sion at least has the burst and cc to make the fight quickly a 2v3 if you stay together.

the OP's simply right; they had an advantage, didn't push it enough, and let the other team back into the game. It happens, and he's learning from it. We've all done it.

BlazzedTroll 11-14-2012 07:33 AM

Yea... um.. It's not Team Deathmatch. You should only consider your team to be winning if you have more towers. Yea, this new 3s is weird and I'm not sure where altars come in to play on the "winning" argument, but I would say it's probably a far 2nd and closely to being tied with kills. It's awesome to have a big gold cushion (aka CS and Kills/Assits) but team work and timed pushing is what wins in real games. LoL has progressed to some dominion/Halo hybrid where people just try to get "OP" characters and get kills. Fighting in jungles the whole game and no one even looks at a tower.

I have won a game by letting my team hold 4v5 fights out as long as possible while I take my mobility boots and speed boost items and push all lanes evenly. Then when the time comes my team focuses a turret and the other team is forced to loose at least one turret.

SaveTheMaids 11-14-2012 10:09 AM

Agreed.

The worst is when you get those teammates that decide to run off and fight alone in the enemy jungle, then they die a few times... suddenly the enemy team is back in the game. I don't remember having this problem as often on the old TT. I can probably count on one hand the games where I would get the trolls that ran off to fight 1v3 (or 2v3) every time they spawned.

Then my favorite is when our entire team is behind and the enemy has both alters and lanes pushed.
"Let's go over to their jungle and pick a fight instead of farming and countering the push."
Like capping one alter is going to even out the odds.

I don't understand what is going through their heads when they go Rambo like that.
Roaming for kills/alters before pushing lanes. Do they really think anything good is going to come out of that?

Even if the teamfight is won, the lanes still have to be pushed, and now the enemy team is back up and a tower didn't even get destroyed.
It's just more work.

I think it would help if there was some sort of tutorial for the new TT.
I think this would counter the common reckless play a bit.

Shamanb 11-14-2012 01:32 PM

I actually won a SR game going 15/49/30's ... I split pushed and BD'ed ... they were so overconfident they thought they could go on forever farming us without pushing and killing our inhib.

Also, they had no tank to soak tower dmg, they were a glass cannon team, so it was kinda easy to def at towers.

Rumination 11-14-2012 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grombolar (Hozzászólás 31369423)
Just had a game where my team was destroying early.

My team: Riven(me), Sion(ap), and Zed

Enemy Team: Eve, Zed, Brand

I was 9/0 at one point. There was nothing they could do. We were killing them under tower left and right and had control of both alters for most of the game. We expected them to surrender at 15 because the score was like 15/2. They didn't.

So we kept playing and kept killing them without making any huge effort to close out the game, thinking they'd eventually give up. They didn't.

They start picking up kills here and there and start to make a comeback. Late game comes and Sion is useless, their Zed has every armor pen item and is dealing true damage, and Eve is Eve so no one can catch her. gg

So remember kids, always push those lanes and never get comfortable no matter how far ahead you are and never take alters over towers when they are both available.

While your post is certainly constructive, I have to wonder: if you were really as far ahead as you claim you were, how is an AP sion useless? DFG -> Cryptic Gaze -> Lichbane auto -> Shield blast will easily cut someone's hp bar in half, if not kill them. If you had a Zed on your team, then I'm trying to figure out how he and Sion were unable to just insta-rape someone, nvm Riven's propensity for silly auto-attacks..


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:22 AM.


(c) 2008 Riot Games Inc