League of Legends Community
12345 ... 6

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   A thought: AP Nasus (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2792296)

Gespens 11-12-2012 11:22 PM

A thought: AP Nasus

Lichbane
Frozen Heart
Unholy Grail
Rabadon's
Choice 5th
Tier 2 boots

He exceeds 500 AP, meaning his Q will proc over 600 damage by end game with 0 farm on it, it is on about 2 seconds of cooldown, his Spirit Fire will be dealing 1000+ damageif they are caught in the full duration. You have some decent resistances and your kiting ability is pretty strong thanks to wither. Your ult will also deal 10% of their health per second before resistance checks, so you still can go somewhat tanky.

Has anyone actually tried this before?

PurpleBlitz 11-12-2012 11:24 PM

are u going to be able to build that in a reasonable amount of time in order to stay competitive while heading to wards a full build?

Bwns 11-12-2012 11:24 PM

All the time in proving grounds

Random Dolphin 11-12-2012 11:25 PM

squishier then ad nasus, and q does physical damage which will be destroyed by armour if not built with apen

Razekal 11-12-2012 11:27 PM

Get that man in front of a tower.

Beauneaux 11-12-2012 11:27 PM

ap nasus spirit fire is SCARY.

and chalice does work very well on him.

i still prefer the triforce tank build but the AP route is a GREAT thing to do just to have fun that isn't actually that bad.

also great for ARAM

Gespens 11-12-2012 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurpleBlitz (Hozzászólás 31341228)
are u going to be able to build that in a reasonable amount of time in order to stay competitive while heading to wards a full build?

That is the thing that concerns me. This seems like a sort of build that, once it is finished is terrifying. But the items to complete it are quite expensive, so you'd need to have jungler camp a bit. Thankfully, ganking for nasus is quite easy because of wither.

Seems like it'd be good against melee champs. And thanks to his passive, it may even work against champs who can poke against him. Since Siphon strike deals physical damage, it may be easy to farm once you get Sheen. He'd need his defense items first of course, so probably athene's and Merc Treads after Sheen... then he just farms wraiths, pushes and ganks maybe?

Gespens 11-12-2012 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Random Dolphin (Hozzászólás 31341253)
squishier then ad nasus, and q does physical damage which will be destroyed by armour if not built with apen

His spirit fire tears through armor if I am remembering right. And if this is AP Mid Nasus, they will likely have MR for defensive stats.

Just something I wondered

LostLaneWonGame 11-12-2012 11:31 PM

Fun fact.

Nasus fire does more damage than Morgana soil, on a larger AoE and provides teamfight utility with armor shred.

zztophat 11-12-2012 11:33 PM

I've used Unholy Grail on AP nasus as well and it feels like overkill on the mana.

I would stuff a ROA in that slot instead, more survivability for when you want to introduce those who mock your AP build to your lichbane Q.

A late item that is a good option is a rageblade, once you have tons of AP, adding a rage blade will detonate towers quickly when used with your Q.

EDIT: and while AP nasus does not need his Q, put a point in it and farm it anyway, that extra really adds up.