League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   bot lane help, please (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2791459)

Hirumonogatari 11-12-2012 05:46 PM

bot lane help, please

i can't post vids of my past games, but i will try to describe the scenarios as best i can.

i seem to have a problem bot lane against opponents with good burst damage and a support that has multiple CC. the usual lane opponents i have problems with are ez, caitlyn or graves paired with leona, lux, blitzcrank, and taric (especially taric)

for the record i usually play more passive champs like ashe, varus, twitch.

my strategy is usually just to passively farm and get my cs. i have absolutely no intention of trying to get a kill unless the opportunity presents itself, such as if i get a good ult off when the jungler is nearby. unfortunately half the time my support doesn't think that way (especially darius supports) almost all the darius supports have gone in balls-deep and gone 0/5

however, i find myself getting zoned very hard most of the time in bot lane. the opponent will freeze the lane outside my turret range. i can't go in and get cs, or taric throws a stun and i get bursted down quick. i can dodge skillshots when there are minions around by standing behind them, but i can't do so against the likes of ez since his mystic flux goes right through them.

hoping you guys have some advice for me. thanks.

MĂ­ley Dyrus 11-12-2012 09:46 PM

Farm within range of the enemy that they need to go within the range of your support to poke you. If your support goes in, back him up. If the enemy team sees that you'll just stand around farming as your support tries to make a play, they'll exploit that and poke you even harder, hence you getting zoned.

Hirumonogatari 11-13-2012 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterTangerine (Hozzászólás 31340275)
Farm within range of the enemy that they need to go within the range of your support to poke you. If your support goes in, back him up. If the enemy team sees that you'll just stand around farming as your support tries to make a play, they'll exploit that and poke you even harder, hence you getting zoned.

i find that when they try to make plays, i end up on the losing side of the bargain.

let's say taric goes in and lands a stun. i try to go in and support. i have effectively one skill, volley, that allows for additional damage besides auto attacks. meanwhile enemy taric or leona lands their stun on me. graves comes out of stun, quickdraws and buckshots in my face. and he's got additional attack speed on top of that due to quickdraw. i lose out in the exchange.

even ez will come up to me, throw a Q and W, then follow with a few more auto attacks before Eing out of danger. if i'm not careful and they throw an ignite on, i might even die in the exchange.

Zombiemaster 11-13-2012 10:20 AM

Try taking Cleanse instead of Heal as it can be a lot more useful, especially with the CC that supports have. You can Cleanse out of the stuns from Taric or Leona or Lux's snare. Also, Heal is countered hard by Ignite with the 50% healing reduction, but you can use Cleanse to get rid of Ignite. I'd say that with your passive playstyle, Cleanse would be a much better choice over all. Keep in mind, though, Cleanse is useless against Blitz's grab and knock-up as well as Alistar's CC.

Hirumonogatari 11-13-2012 06:31 PM

the heal is actually useful only when opps try to turret dive. even with ignite, it allows you enough time to stun them under the tower to trade a 1 for 1 rather than get killed for nothing. also because i primarily play blind pick it is difficult to say whether i would get a lane with lots of cc.

also i may run cleanse in future, but i don't think it's an effective solution because the zoning problem is still there. after all, cleanse's cooldown is a lot longer than most cc's.

lastchancexi 11-13-2012 06:50 PM

Ward the ****ing brushes and try to poke Taric without getting counterstunned and engaged on.

solcroft 11-13-2012 07:14 PM

Your biggest problem is trying to play aggressively when you're playing passive ADC champs with little or no burst. Against bursty champs like Graves or Ez, trading with them when you're playing Ashe is simply matching your weakness against their strengths. If your support tries to go all gung-ho, then unfortunately there's little you can do.

Hirumonogatari 11-14-2012 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solcroft (Hozzászólás 31389491)
Your biggest problem is trying to play aggressively when you're playing passive ADC champs with little or no burst. Against bursty champs like Graves or Ez, trading with them when you're playing Ashe is simply matching your weakness against their strengths. If your support tries to go all gung-ho, then unfortunately there's little you can do.

by "little you can do" do you mean leave them to die? because that tends to snowball bot lane =S

WCDireWolf 11-14-2012 07:37 AM

Talk to them about it in champ select. If you're a passive farmer, get a sustain/passive support. If you're aggressive, get an aggressive support, like Leona.

Rezo 11-14-2012 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CSZHUNG (Hozzászólás 31332222)

i have problems with are ez, caitlyn or graves paired with leona, lux, blitzcrank, and taric (especially taric)

for the record i usually play more passive champs like ashe, varus, twitch.

At the champion select screen if im EZ or Graves and you are Ashe or Varus I am already thinking im going to win. If I have blitz I am pretty certain of it.

Is Twitch passive? I rarely see him.

What the hell is support Darius? There is no such thing as a support bruiser i mean you can sit there and play a bruiser on bottom but don't expect it to work out well late game....and darius the super kill stealer in bot with me? I would hate that.

If I am Ashe or Varus I would either want a support that is significantly more aggressive than theirs (thats not likely to happen) so I would want either Taric or Sona...if you can find a good Janna I would take Janna.