League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   In-Game HUD Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Riots should change the way how we getting elo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2789650)

conumdrum 11-12-2012 09:08 AM

Riots should change the way how we getting elo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My suggestion is we should get elo base on kill, died, assist, and turrent destory. Because this really can show how this player is. Because Sometime it really make me upset, I did great jobs in the games, but somepeople just feeding terrible and don't care other, then we lose the game , my elo is just continue droping, this just unfair . So I hope RIOT can change the way how we getting elo.Hope every1 can reply to support me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

l RelyK l 11-12-2012 03:31 PM

This is amazing idea!!:)

Sereg Anfaug 11-12-2012 06:34 PM

That would encourage players to focus on KDA rather then winning.

You think you have a hard time getting someone to play support now, just try this.

Jnala 11-12-2012 09:57 PM

What about supports? They'd have no turrets, few kills, some deaths, and mostly assists. Where would it leave them? And tanks? And it would still seem unfair. If another lane got overrun and the enemy destroyed the turrets and started roaming, you'd have to have awesome map awareness or you'd just get ganked by 4 people; effectively ruining your k/d score. And besides, if it went this way, teams would be clawing at each other for good k/d ratios, their OWN teammates. KS calling would run rampant and I don't want to be a part of that world. No sir. Good try, though.

I also can't support someone who hides their ill thought-out ideas behind an absurdly large use of exclamation points.

EmailSupport6347 11-13-2012 07:31 AM

its hard for riot to make elo work so im break it down so even a baby could understand how it should work..... calculate the average deaths on yur team for eggzample team died 10 times witch means average deaths are 2.... if u died more then that u dont get elo if u die less then that u gain elo u could also factor gold income as an indicator of personal ELO then u should also have group elo whitch is what we have now having two systems figure the problem out
FOR EGGZAMPLES 1600 personal elo = the guys not a noob, he also has 1200 group elo = he needs to work on team work then we could see how to improve rather then going through every game blaming others blaming oursleves and getting no where as an end result.
another eggzample 600 personal elo = yes bro its time to accept it change yur mindset 1600 group elo = yur team game is uncanny or talk bout getting carried like a boss lol

Jrud 11-13-2012 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmailSupport6347 (Hozzászólás 31354450)
its hard for riot to make elo work so im break it down so even a baby could understand how it should work..... calculate the average deaths on yur team for eggzample team died 10 times witch means average deaths are 2.... if u died more then that u dont get elo if u die less then that u gain elo u could also factor gold income as an indicator of personal ELO then u should also have group elo whitch is what we have now having two systems figure the problem out
FOR EGGZAMPLES 1600 personal elo = the guys not a noob, he also has 1200 group elo = he needs to work on team work then we could see how to improve rather then going through every game blaming others blaming oursleves and getting no where as an end result.
another eggzample 600 personal elo = yes bro its time to accept it change yur mindset 1600 group elo = yur team game is uncanny or talk bout getting carried like a boss lol

Tank classes generally die a lot more than AD or AP classes, averaging deaths in a game and picking out the "best" players based on that may not produce the desired effect because of the different class rolls. Same with kills. Either of these methods also promotes player focus on KDA and not working for the team. For instance, sometimes sacrificing yourself to take down a tower or other important map component, or sacrificing yourself to save two or three allies from fleeing in a chase can be a net gain for the team but a personal loss for oneself. Gold is even worse... massing items that give you extra gold per second instead of team-helping stats would become a serious problem.

If there were some consistent way of determining why a player did one thing and not another to see if they were helping the team or hurting them then sure you could base some ELO off of that, but without mind reading software I don't think you're going to get there. The only moves that I can think of that are SURE to be selfless are taking out towers, and buying aura items.

Trapped Monkey 11-14-2012 12:41 PM

Darius ftw. GG to supports. Great idea.