League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Best Jungle? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2789383)

Maleric 11-12-2012 06:44 AM

Best Jungle?

From what I've seen and read, a lot of people seem to think Udyr played right is the absolute hands down best jungler in the game. Is this true? I'm looking for a strong jungle to buy and learn.

Right now I jungle as Kayle mostly and I've jungled as Skarner (whom I liked, but he has no early game). I also have Cho'gath, Shen, and Volibear I could jungle as, but I've never really tried.

Let me know what you think.

XxxLumberJackxxX 11-12-2012 06:53 AM

I just dont like him in solo queue since he has no gap closer or long distance stun/slow.
Volibear isn't a great jungler, Cho and Shen are. GO trythem?

MaximusEvil 11-12-2012 06:55 AM

Voli is a decent jungler, but rush either a spark or a sunfire to clear faster.

Cho jungle> I love his clear times, and OMG if your good at landing Qs, you'll be able to non stop gank

Jesot 11-12-2012 07:12 AM

I think Skarner is the best. He's versatile and while his early game is fragile, his early level ganks are underrated.

Maleric 11-12-2012 08:12 AM

I have very limited IP, and I don't gain much from week to week due to my play time, so I'm looking for a definitive jungle to buy and learn.

Cho'gath used to be my main top, but I stopped playing for a while, and since coming back just really haven't played him much. Nothing against him, I've just been trying out and collecting other champions. I personally don't think his q is reliable enough to get consistent ganks. You basically throw up a warning flag to whomever right before it goes off so they firstly, know you're there, and secondly, know to get out. The effect doesn't last long enough nor is it reusable quick enough to keep them from running back to their tower imo. I could be wrong though as I'm not by any means an expert, hence why I'm coming here to ask about a Jungler to buy and learn.

There are some champions that are the best at what their role is, for instance, Jax is seen as the best duelist. I'm asking who's seen as the best jungler. This is someone who will be able to gank consistently and effectively, duel against an invading enemy jungler, and clear fast.

TeknoWizard 11-12-2012 10:03 AM

I don't believe Udyr is the best jungler. I do believe he is the best STARTING jungler. He can do pretty much everything a jungler needs to do, from early dragons to ganking pre-6. I really do think Skarner is the best junger, just for his INSANE post-6 power. And his level 4 ganks aren't as bad as people make them out to be.

Ezrabar 11-12-2012 11:40 AM

Lee Sin is an insane jungler as well

vortical42 11-12-2012 12:03 PM

If you are that tight on IP, I highly suggest that you want until the season 3 changes are implemented. There is a major change to the jungle coming; better wait and see how it affects things.

room4two 11-12-2012 01:39 PM

Amumu or eve. Amumu has great ganks and eve is an underrated champ. Plus both are fun to play

StarWing4230 11-12-2012 09:30 PM

Personally, I have always preferred Nocturne to other junglers because of his early ganks with fear & speed boost with q and his ult... DAT ULT. His clear times are good too with his passive and fear negating some damage, etc.