League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Dodging in ranked shouldn't have such a huge time penalty (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2789162)

Mindllapse 11-12-2012 03:17 AM

Dodging in ranked shouldn't have such a huge time penalty

I had to dodge 2 games today.

1st game we all agreed on our roles, but the 3rd person was afk and randomed a second top lane pick. Had to dodge.

2nd game we all agreed on our roles, but the 5th person (after a jungle was already picked) kept saying "I jungle shaco you dodge and wait 30 min muahuhauhauha". We begged him to play properly for the team and that we can't switch with him because a jungler was already picked. We even offered to swap him the jungle pick. He just kept saying "I jungle shaco no smite 2 junglers, you dodge and wait 30 min muauhauhauhaua". And that's exactly what he picked. Had to dodge.

Now I can't queue again for an hour. I saw that this person had only played 10 ranked games, and somehow got matched with us.

It's really stupid that this system punishes players that communicate and play for the team, while making trolls like this do what they want. We can't even report him because it's before the game start. And if I let the game start instead of dodging, then I lose ELO for absolutely no reason other than the fact that this system is broken and allows this.

I propose that the first 3 ranked queue dodges within 12 hours should make you wait 5 minutes. The 4th within 12 hours 10 minutes, and then the 5th within 12 hours will be 1 hour.

Ranked queue times are not long at all, and at most ELO ranges the queue times are nearly instant to under one minute. Dodging at champion select wouldn't really would not be an issue. Trolls that FORCE you to choose to wait 30mins/1hour or choose to lose ELO is a definitely an issue. I would much rather lose at maximum 1-2 minutes because of more people dodging at champion select than have to deal with situations like I just experienced today which makes me choose to lose ELO or wait hours. It's just ridiculous.

Soraka Goes Mid 11-12-2012 03:34 AM

Yep, I also had to dodge today. We had a troll who refused to go anywhere other than top, even though top was already called, and even after top and jungle were picked, he refused to go anywhere but top, asking, "Who lanes well with Irelia?" When I told him to go adc because we needed one, he just said, "lol adc is for noobs, all you do is last hit and die."

There should be a way to report trolls like this from the selection screen, or a kick vote, or something. This is ridiculous that I should have to be penalized because I had the bad luck of getting a troll on my team.

Mindllapse 11-12-2012 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeuroXc (Hozzászólás 31308555)
Yep, I also had to dodge today. We had a troll who refused to go anywhere other than top, even though top was already called, and even after top and jungle were picked, he refused to go anywhere but top, asking, "Who lanes well with Irelia?" When I told him to go adc because we needed one, he just said, "lol adc is for noobs, all you do is last hit and die."

There should be a way to report trolls like this from the selection screen, or a kick vote, or something. This is ridiculous that I should have to be penalized because I had the bad luck of getting a troll on my team.

Yes or they should allow the ability to start a "dodge" vote in the champion select screen, similar to the surrender vote while ingame. If at least 4 out of 5 players accept the vote, the the match is canceled from the champion select screen, and everybody gets a 1-5 minute wait time before queueing again. That would be fair for everyone since it's a vote and since it's a very short wait time compared to hours, and it would be awesome.

PrincessIrelia 11-12-2012 04:17 AM

Perhaps you guys should quit dodging. It's not like it's mandatory to dodge.

Soraka Goes Mid 11-12-2012 04:32 AM

When the options are either dodge or lose 20-30 elo because of a troll, then what option do you have? I never AFK or ragequit in games, no matter how badly our team is doing, and if someone is trolling, I can report them at the end. But if I know during champion select that somebody is going to troll for the entire game, then my only safe option is to dodge and take the 30 minute penalty. How is that fair?

SinRG 11-12-2012 04:46 AM

I agree, I was blown away by the penalty. Could not be more in favour of this. I just started playing ranked so right off the bat I've had to deal with these ELO Hell trolls. Not being able to report/vote kick in the lobby is dumb.

JRiMi 11-12-2012 05:27 AM

At first I was like eh 30 min not too bad but then the hour was just horrible. And Ofc after enough 30 min penalties to equal a whole day I've grown tired of it. Its not like I wanna jump on my smurf to kill the time BC that's frowned upon and Arams get old. Fix this riot pls

Ofermod 11-12-2012 05:28 AM

It'd be nice if they split the penalty based on queue. For instance, if you dodge a ranked game, you can still go play normals until the time limit's up.

deirin 11-12-2012 05:46 AM

idea1:
well i think dodge time should be splitted among all teammates...like +2-3 min for 4 player and +20 min for the 1 dodging
and like each game u play reduce dodging time -7 min
and like each day its reduced to 0
like that ...that shaco troll would troll a few game then he'd have an annoying wait time
i think it may be slithly more fair

but...yea...idk...punishing every1 thats playing the game might become lame with time...

idea2:
dont punish any1 leaving
after 3rd time in a row some1 leave ur queue, get wait time +7 min wait
after 5ft time u get like +15 dodge time each time some1 leave ur q
each game u play reduce dodging time -7 min
and like each day dodge time is reduced to 0

sooo like some1 dodge in ur q 3 time for first game u get +7
u play the 4th -7
u can dodge 3 more after that played game

youmadbroimnasty 11-12-2012 06:17 AM

If ranked ques didn't have a long dodge time i would dodge every team comp i didn't like which is why it's needed