League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champion Feedback (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   I fear jax's fate in season 3 (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2786778)

FalconPawwwwnch 11-11-2012 10:59 AM

I fear jax's fate in season 3

Jax getting nerfed to the ground in season 3? Everyday more threads are being made about how he's too strong, blatantly overpowered, and needs nerfs. What do you guys think? He's been one of my favorite and most played champs since even way before his rework and im just wondering if he'll be nerfed to the ground once season 3 starts. Imo, he beats a lot of typical ad tops because well, that's what jax does, it's what he always did. But he has his bad matchups too, he cant do anything against a good olaf or jayce. Teemo destroys him too (not typical, but it does work lol). I know renekton and shen beat him most of the time too, malphite does really well against him, and so does rumble. Maybe I'm just biased since i main him but, Do you guys think he's completely broken at the moment?

Edit: lol downvotes really? for what reason? Im asking a question...

JustMyBassCannon 11-11-2012 11:07 AM

He's a solid champion for sure, but not overpowered. The problem that other players are having is that he's a duelist--not just a duelist, the best damn duelist in the game. If you try to actually fight him alone, unless you're able to consistently hold him at arm's length (almost impossible because of Leap Strike, maybe Jayce could do it), he will very quickly ramp up his DPS and wreck whatever stands in his way.

The people who are calling him OP are generally having trouble with letting Jax gain a level/gold advantage to the point where he can just 1v1 in a team fight, ignoring all the fire and brimstone around until his target dies. Then he moves on to the next one while his DPS is already at its highest...and slowly everything explodes around him.

So basically, feeders.

LastLaughLol 11-11-2012 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exdeadman (Hozzászólás 31284651)
He's a solid champion for sure, but not overpowered. The problem that other players are having is that he's a duelist--not just a duelist, the best damn duelist in the game. If you try to actually fight him alone, unless you're able to consistently hold him at arm's length (almost impossible because of Leap Strike, maybe Jayce could do it), he will very quickly ramp up his DPS and wreck whatever stands in his way.

The people who are calling him OP are generally having trouble with letting Jax gain a level/gold advantage to the point where he can just 1v1 in a team fight, ignoring all the fire and brimstone around until his target dies. Then he moves on to the next one while his DPS is already at its highest...and slowly everything explodes around him.

So basically, feeders.

So basically. Same people who QQ about Darius and think he's op.

Vencu 11-11-2012 11:36 AM

statikk said he might get nerfed because he may be a little too strong in the new jungle, i hope not tho, he's in a real good place right now

PsychoB0b 11-11-2012 11:59 AM

Heres how op threads work on here.

if any of these points are true, someone will make a thread claiming thier op.
-Have you ever lost a game to this champ?
-Have you ever fought 1on1 with this champ and gotten beaten?
-does this champ have a skill kit that makes them good at thier job

Rather than actually learn how to counter champs...people would prefer to make a thread on how op they are.

I cannot name a single champion that hasnt been called Op at some point. including Heimerdingher, Karma, and Sejauni.

Someone has a bad game...and assumes they need a nerf.

Jax...jax is really. Really. REALLY good at 1on1 fights. Its what his kit is built for, and what annoys so many people about him. But he's not Op. at high elo, he has a pretty even win/loss rate and thats what champs should be balanced around.

FalconPawwwwnch 11-12-2012 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RamserX (Hozzászólás 31285555)
statikk said he might get nerfed because he may be a little too strong in the new jungle, i hope not tho, he's in a real good place right now

Yea i saw that too. And I agree, I feel like he's in a reallly good spot at the moment. He wins a lot of matchups and he also has his decent counters top lane, he has no ranged farming abilities so he has to be really strong in melee range. I hope the new jungle doesn't earn him a nerf though=/

Zombiemaster 11-12-2012 11:51 AM

If Jax does get nerfed, I highly doubt he will get nerfed to the ground. People who say he's OP just don't know how to handle him in game, so after losing 1 game against him, they complain.

Jackal In A Hat 11-12-2012 12:42 PM

Though I am not a Jax player, I think any advantage he may have is rather slight because he is a strictly melee champion. This means in teamfights he is often manageable unless outrageously fed. However, he is not the only champion who is built almost purely around their 1v1 brawler potential, and if that is the basis by which we are saying he is balanced, we should compare~

Consider other champions who are predominantly melee range, have a bit of displacement/CC, and tend to go top lane: Riven, Darius, Irelia, Nasus, Trundle, Tryndamere, Udyr, Rengar, Fiora, and Xin'Zhao

You could make the same argument in favor of these champs' brawler strengths, but none of them really hold a candle to Jax's combination of early game pressure and late game carry. I've taken a lot of teemo top recently, running the movement quints and very carefully kiting my top lane opponent. This is a very easy win vs almost any top, but Jax seems to tip the scales here.

I'm not saying, "Jax beats Teemo he is therefore OP." A good Teemo could probably school most Jaxes with minimal effort. However, playing consistently in the same elo range, Jax was the only melee bruiser I found could still rock my socks when I played Teemo. Meanwhile Teemo ran circles around Darius, Fiora, Riven, Nasus, and Cho.

When compared to other champions who fill his same role, Jax does appear to be just about hands down the best pick at the moment and in light of this nerfs would not surprise me. We'll just have to wait and see.

Kagami 11-12-2012 02:20 PM

The real reason to be concerned about jax, is because Riot stated they've found in their internal testing of the new jungle that Jax seems possibly too strong in it, and given that the jungle has been refocused to help single target damage, and jax happens to do that, I think you can guess where the issue is, and some of the riot posts said they had concern that Jax will become OP in the new jungle.

FalconPawwwwnch 11-12-2012 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kagami (Hozzászólás 31324422)
The real reason to be concerned about jax, is because Riot stated they've found in their internal testing of the new jungle that Jax seems possibly too strong in it, and given that the jungle has been refocused to help single target damage, and jax happens to do that, I think you can guess where the issue is, and some of the riot posts said they had concern that Jax will become OP in the new jungle.

Yea I read that too, how jax has good damage reduction and aoe damage with e, innate tankiness, great single target dps, and scales so well late with the new gold and xp. I dont know what I personally would nerf on him to be honest.