League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Surrender (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2786279)

Leyt 11-11-2012 07:12 AM

Surrender

Riot. Surrender needs to go. In every game, there is always a surrender. And we NEVER play through. No matter if my team is losing, or theres is. Someone always surrenders. I do not like it one bit. I want to be able to play a full game. I don't care if I lost. As long as I tried. Obviously some people don't feel the same. But surrendering is plain stupid. Please consider getting rid of it........ Its like a noobs way out of a game he doesn't like.

youmadbroimnasty 11-11-2012 07:16 AM

It would almost be impossible to take away Surrender there's a lot more people for it than against it. If the score was 0-20 in a game there would be no reason not to surrender.

Schizos 11-11-2012 07:24 AM

Agreed it should stay. I have seen it abused a few times. Sore losers were behind 3 kills but even on towers and surrendered. Game wasn't even that long but it's a complete waste of time if at the 10 min mark my lane partner has started feeding 4-5 deaths. At that point most of us would rather cut our losses and requeue in hopes of getting a better team.

Don't forgot. Trolls do queue up with the sole intent of blocking your main character select, trolling you in game and trying to induce rage from team mates. I have seen them feed, call out team locations and afk in town while doing all of this. With surrender...the most you have to endure is 20 minutes and then 4 reports should follow.

BUT...what I'd like to see them do is if you que and miss the que, it should add 1 minute for the first miss, 2 minutes for 2nd miss and 5 min for the 3rd miss. Tired of of people queing and missing the que when it comes up.

Leyt 11-12-2012 04:19 AM

You guys both brought up good points. And I agree, if your behind that much. Then yes. But the moment someone notices they are gunna lose even slightly, they surrender. And I don't get it. I alos agree with the queing idea. I try looking for a decent match, and someone drops out during champion select. Or they just don't accept the match. I just want to be able to play a couple good games in a day. Instead of bull**** games

Soraka Goes Mid 11-12-2012 04:38 AM

This is why you not only have a 20 minute time limit before you can surrender, and you need 4 out of 5 votes to surrender. One negative person isn't enough to lead to a surrender.

Mirai Lotus 11-12-2012 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leyt (Hozzászólás 31279437)
Riot. Surrender needs to go. In every game, there is always a surrender. And we NEVER play through. No matter if my team is losing, or theres is. Someone always surrenders. I do not like it one bit. I want to be able to play a full game. I don't care if I lost. As long as I tried. Obviously some people don't feel the same. But surrendering is plain stupid. Please consider getting rid of it........ Its like a noobs way out of a game he doesn't like.

If the game is lost, why play through it? move on to the next. There is no need to play a game and waste other peoples time.

ThoughtfulWander 11-16-2012 02:58 AM

Don't like the surrender because have won many games where teammates have wanted to surrender but we had me and another player who didn't. And we won. even with 4vs5. And I have had games where we still had our towers in the base and the other team had one gone and my team surrender because they got an ace but we were
positioned to hit very hard because the minions were at their base. We had three with teleport they were out probably at baron. Could won it but instead we or should say they surrendered. I don't know maybe an algorithum that dosen't allow surrender untiul you have lost all but last two turrets.... Just a thought... May we meet on the honorable fields of justice my friends.

BamfofBamfs 11-16-2012 06:33 AM

I see your point, but its necessary. Takes away the pain of having to sit through games when a loss is clearly inevitable. But i know what you mean, and i hate how people enjoy taking the easy way out of close games where a comeback is essentially possible, unfortunately the benefits outweigh the negative aspects by far :(

Ramachese 11-16-2012 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galaxypa (Hozzászólás 31309898)
If the game is lost, why play through it? move on to the next. There is no need to play a game and waste other peoples time.

Because sometimes all it takes is a single teamfight victory to turn a game around. I refuse to surrended until at least two towers are down inside the base and even then we have to also have made no or little progress into their lanes. Being behind in kills does not mean you will lose especially when it is only a few kills.

ThoughtfulWander 11-16-2012 08:22 AM

I also think it is a learning experience as well as helping the other team with their play time. I don't know maybe I just view it as having fun even when we are losing. Just because I am.always see seeing new tactics and tricks. Come backs can be very good. We were down 60kills to 30 something they were all pushing mid and I was able to teleport while the team kept them busy and took out their univ inhib then both towers and the the.big inhib because my team kept them busy. Big win for them and me. Had that happen a few times. Just seems like more of a challenge when you are up against a wall :).