League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Does wukong fall off end game? can I get gold with wukong? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2782727)

BattleBootyRiven 11-10-2012 01:05 AM

Does wukong fall off end game? can I get gold with wukong?

hes so fun but he is a bruiser what people told me in aram.. So is it true about wukong? He does fall off right? :/? and how should I build him

Tashniel 11-10-2012 07:22 AM

He can fall off if you aren't careful. That said, he does a scary amount of damage.
You should build him tanky and offensive.
He can do a ton of burst damage but you have to hit them with everything you got then escape. Wu can't take constant damage.
I usually build like so:
doran
boots -> berserker / speed / ninja depending how the game is going and what I need
trinity (Wu is one of the few champs that benefits from every single stat from trinity)
frost mallet

after that, see how the game is going.
If it is a close game, and the other guys are getting scary, build a warmog
If you are winning by miles, start playing around with your items. Perhaps a leviathan or phantom
If you want to switch to being more agressive, start building straight damage. Infinity Edge or bloodthirster.

You just need to practice with him and get a feel for when to chase and when to run. Wu is an amazing champ, but he has a high learning curve and can get shut down easily by CC.

Bonus:
if you can't do anything, and you are just running around, build AP. Your decoy will do tons of damage :P

SephĂŻroth 11-10-2012 07:35 AM

Actually WuKong's late game is amazing. He has one of the best initiates in the game, as well as it does tons of damage even if you're built very tanky. I would HIGHLY suggest not building a Trinity and Frozen mallet as one of the passives gets unused. I usually build one OR the other.

If I need damage: TF. Survivability: Frozen Mallet. Then I will usually build a GA, Then a BF Sword for more damage. Then totally situational after that, sometimes even before. I normally always build Merc treads on him, unless there is no CC then I'll get BoM or Ninja Tabi if its AD heavy.

Trypsto 11-10-2012 09:35 AM

I have a question for Tashniel if he looks back. I don't play wukong and typically I never really think of him as a good pick in the current meta, but I have seen him played well regardless. That aside I was wondering about the build you mentioned. If you get trinity then should you go for a different form of health other than Frozen Mallet since you already have the slow from Trinity? Like would a Warmog's be a better choice there?

I don't want to bash wukong, I just don't play him myself so I am unfamiliar with his builds and how he matches up against others. He's just one of those picks I generally feel lack-luster about, but I could be wrong.

XxAscendxX 11-10-2012 10:15 AM

Wukong is a great champ. i have played him for a long time now and i think he is great late game depending on the build you use

pochoclotot 11-10-2012 10:27 AM

isn't wu kinda outclassed? it sounds like people like Darius, Irelia or Jayce do his role much more efficiently

JusTheory 11-10-2012 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pochoclotot (Hozzászólás 31253492)
isn't wu kinda outclassed? it sounds like people like Darius, Irelia or Jayce do his role much more efficiently

none of them can initiate like Wukong.

mnun 11-11-2012 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pochoclotot (Hozzászólás 31253492)

I've never seen a wu lose to darius jayce or irelia

Nishaven90 11-11-2012 10:47 PM

Wukong has a strong team fight presence. However, he is becoming increasingly outclassed in laning.

MaximusEvil 11-12-2012 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nishaven90 (Hozzászólás 31304766)
Wukong has a strong team fight presence. However, he is becoming increasingly outclassed in laning.

This ^_^

Everytime I see someone pick wu top, I instalock Olaf, and faceroll them. Olaf>